Let's talk about watches...

Skagen all-titanium for me. I'm allergic to most metals, first watch I found that I can wear that won't break me out. Even the metal on the buckle on a leather band is enough to cause a rash.

The skagen is all titanium including the backing plate and the entire band and that's one of the few metals that don't break me out. Until my wife got it for me as an anniversary present, I always carried a pocket watch instead.

-- Gary F.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

The ORIS Jazz John McLachlin is a favourite of mine also Rummy

image190.jpg

Now that's a pretty sweet looking timepiece. And I don't even like Oris. LOL

I switch between a SS Pam luminor Marina, JL Reverso, O SeaMaster, R DateJust, Seiko Credor

Now those are some beautiful time peices.

The furthest I have reached out on a watch was a Gold Gucci. Haven't worn it in years.

Very nice wathces there gents

Well as I'm a moderator on Rob's other forum I wear an Oris.

This is my latest, the limited edition Hawker Hunter pointer date.

hunter4.jpg

I have to wear Oris because Rob said that if he caught me wearing another brand again he'd cut another finger off.

myfinger.jpg

Those Xikar cutters are bloody sharp you know.

• Like 1

Thanks Warren, just spat my morning coffee out all over my computer.

Thats surprising that Rob did that to your finger for wearing anything apart from Oris, and yet he still allowed Mini Smithy to live after he sold Box No 1 of the RA Estupendos.

Am I the only one here who has difficulties in finding a watch that doesn't look ridiculously oversized?

As much as I love the looks of some of the watches today, unfortunately I have such small, girly wrists that most watches look like I've strapped a wall clock to my arm.

Nick.

Am I the only one here who has difficulties in finding a watch that doesn't look ridiculously oversized?

As much as I love the looks of some of the watches today, unfortunately I have such small, girly wrists that most watches look like I've strapped a wall clock to my arm.

Nick.

Nick as you are a fellow Brisbane boy why not drop into see Rob and Smithy and have a look at the watches they have there.

The bonus here is that you might just get to have a cigar while shopping for that watch.

Where else in the world can you do that.

I might just see you there.

Nick.

R u the guy with those small hands on the BK commercials? :unsure:

Nick as you are a fellow Brisbane boy why not drop into see Rob and Smithy and have a look at the watches they have there.

The bonus here is that you might just get to have a cigar while shopping for that watch.

Where else in the world can you do that.

I might just see you there.

I do intend on visit Czar at some stage. Although at this stage I'm still thinking that any money invested into a watch would be better spent on cigars. Who needs to know what time it is! :P

Nice sales pitch though :D

For the past 8 years I've worn a Tag Heuer Kirium Ti5 McLaren LE and just last week purchased a DOXA Sub 1000T Professional Military PVD edition. Two totally different style watches but both can be worn for dress or fun.

LOL no body has responded, I ruin the surprise but I put the detailed Rolex on as a joke ;)***

...... Someday.

My limit on watches is usually between $500-1k

I have a couple of Breitlings and Omegas. The two watches that I wear the most are an Omega Non-A/C Seamaster with Bond Bracelet and Breitling Chronomat Evolution. Sorry if the pics are too big, I'm just figuring out how to do the pictures.

post-5942-1263980604.jpg

post-5942-1263980587.jpg

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...