PARTAGÁS LÍNEA MAESTRA: shelf sitting dogs or the new Behike?

PARTAGÁS LÍNEA MAESTRA   

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was asked to put this poll up. ;)

• Partagás Línea Maestra Maestro (5 1/5, 132m, x 56)
  • Partagás Línea Maestra Origen (6 1/12, 154mm, x 46)
  • Partagás Línea Maestra Rito (6 3/5, 168mm, x 52)

According to Maori Tabacs S.A.—the distributor for Andorra—the suggested retail prices in the principality are as follows:

• Partagás Línea Maestra Maestro (5 1/5, 132m, x 56) — €66 ($70.80)
  • Partagás Línea Maestra Origen (6 1/12, 154mm, x 46) — €58 ($62.20)
  • Partagás Línea Maestra Rito (6 3/5, 168mm, x 52) — €73 ($78.30)

image.png

• El Presidente changed the title to PARTAGÁS LÍNEA MAESTRA: shelf sitting dogs or the new Behike?

I would be all over the Origen and maybe the Rito but not at $60+. I think these will sell out for the first few years then just sit on the shelf similar to the RyJ Linea line. Or they will adjust production to keep it an "exclusive" low volume release. Personally, no cigar is worth $60+, especially ones that still need to be aged and good construction is a coin toss.

These releases are depressing given they can't even roll enough of the staples to keep up, but sure let's keep pumping out new releases with shinier and shinier boxes with more and more bands.

• Like 1

The prices on Lineas are already taking a dive from what I've seen and I see them in stock from various sources. I look at these likely following suit. I would pass seeing how their is enough excellent Partagas regular production at half the price. Even Lusitanias beat these in price. 

Also the bands really bother me for some reason. They have no connection to tradition to a marque with such history. 

• Like 2

I like Partagas red…this blue band looks not that bad actually, a bit blue blood lol 

Agree with @JohnS, it’s like de Oro...

Not bad to give a try for one or two sticks, but not regular rotation…more importantly, they are not LE or RE, they are regular! Over priced for regular Partagas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnS said:

I simply am adoring the standard Partagas DNA I'm finding in a number of Partagas cigars I'm currently smoking. I'm not that motivated to move away from that.

LIke opening up a red can of Coke and Sprite being inside,  I think we all underestimate how powerful advertising and product packaging is. We may like Coke, we may like Sprite, but we don't like Sprite in a red can, or the jarring effect itself causes a displeasing reaction. 

I remember seeing a programme on sommelier training, and they were making them east pink coloured banana yogurt, and yellow coloured strawberry yogurt. It was interesting to see how many people actually found the test quite difficult, but when they were blindfolded, had no problem getting it right. 

We attach so much terroir, heritage and character in our heads and hearts on that cadmium red and gold on a D4 band, or the slightly smug face of Simón Bolivar. I would say the majority don't like these things being messed with. 

In conclusion, I think Partagas Blue will be the TabClear of the CC portfolio. 

Tabcleartake2_3111490c.webp

• Like 1

No desire to have a box of these. I agree with @JohnS,  would rather just have a new format of red label blend than deviate from it. That said, I doubt they'll stay on shelves. People love conspicuously consuming. 

• Like 1

I like Partagas brand among all the cuban cigar brands. So, of course I am interested in the PARTAGÁS LÍNEA MAESTRA and I may try at least single cigar.

However, I would like to say very loudly to Cuban government and Habanos S.A. to please re-produce Partagas Lonsdales and/or Coronas if you have time to produce such luxury cigars with extremely expensive pricing as MAESTRA.  

On 4/14/2024 at 10:38 PM, BoliDan said:

That said, I doubt they'll stay on shelves. People love conspicuously consuming.

I can't tell for the rest of the World but in France the Linea de Oro doesn't sell, you can easily order any box from any shop. 

1 hour ago, Li Bai said:

I can't tell for the rest of the World but in France the Linea de Oro doesn't sell

Even grey market vendors have them in stock pretty regularly (some at discounted prices even). 

I suspect the MAESTRA to do slightly better than the RyJ counterpart, but I could see them following suit of linea as well. Personally I have no desire to try a box, if someone gave me one to try I'd gladly take it but that's about as far as my interest goes. Much more interested in the Aliados. 

• Like 1

No bueno, too much dinero! I am el cheapo.  

• Haha 1

Tried the Rito today. I would have to say they remind me very much of the RyJ LdO in approach. Very high quality, pleasant flavors I couldn't quite place and zero Partagas DNA I could tell. It was just under medium with that creamy kind of texture you get from that "high-end" leaf in BHK and the LdO. 

Good cigar that was totally forgettable. I get far more enjoyment from a Salomones or even a good E2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/16/2024 at 10:29 PM, Li Bai said:

Agreed. 

I was lucky to grab a box of those a few months ago and they're absolutely gorgeous 😍😍

Haven't had one yet, I'll post a review when they're ready.

Would love to see some reviews of these and even an FOH review. I “accidentally” picked up a box and have no idea whether to keep it.

• Haha 2