2023 Nudies Desnudo IV Petit Corona Tasting Thread.

2023 Nudies Desnudo IV Petit Corona Tasting Thread. 

The Nudies 4 Petit Corona is dropping around the world.:spotlight:

As we have said regarding the Lancero and the Canonazo, they will benefit tremendously from 30 days down in your humidor. 

For those that need to try one ROTT, the tasting notes below are a great place to reference. Hamlet and I will complete a video over the next week. Post up your own reviews here. 

We believe this Petit Corona will not only fill a big hole for those priced out of Cuban Petit Corona's but stand alone as an excellent cigar that can proudly stand along the best in the world.  :D

1.jpg

Mareva (Petit Corona) Tasting Notes

Who loves Monte 4 and Por Larranaga Petit Corona with 5 years age on them? Well, that was our benchmark when we set out to blend this Desnudo/Nudes Petit Corona. Mind you I have a love for the Padron Principe 1964, and I would have been happy to get anywhere near that.

How close did we get?

The opening is just over medium bodied. You will swear it’s a maduro in flavour but it’s not. Coffee, chocolate dominate. It has been described as the “brown edge of cookies”. A picture paints a thousand words.

Second third continues along that choc cookie line but introduces some fresh baked bread. This is a petit corona so we wanted it to do a profile well without getting too complicated. There are no harsh spots in this cigar at any point. The last third builds to a chocolate croissant profile. Beautiful medium to medium full finish.

This will be a regular in your humidor.

Mareva (Petit Corona) N4 2023

Made by : HBTOV
Factory Location: Honduras
Dimensions: 5 1/8 X 42
Fillers: Honduras / Nicaragua
Binder: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduras
Strength: Medium

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• El Presidente changed the title to 2023 Nudies Desnudo IV Petit Corona Tasting Thread.
On 7/11/2023 at 1:55 AM, cgoodrich said:

They have arrived! They look so well rolled. Not sure if I’ll have time for ROTT. Thank you @Elpresidente and Hamlet!

They look much bigger than a PC in that pic.

I had one ROTT yesterday. Great even like.that. looking forward to the results in 29 days from now

IMG_20230710_220105091.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigkev said:

They look much bigger than a PC in that pic.

I know, it does in the photo. I’ve always noticed this with my iPhone camera. But they are definitely PC’s.

9 hours ago, TheFullMontecristo said:

Mareva arrival. Cold Aroma is pure honeycomb. Construction and burn impeccable and Flavor delivers from the get go. Perfect size format as an "anytime" smoke.

What kind of flavor notes did you get? 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:50 AM, TheFullMontecristo said:

I'm a third in with some light pepper and now some light woody, leathery and desert pastry flavors. Of the Canonazo, lancero and Mareva formats that I've tried rott, I like this one the best.

thx buddy! which CC PC would u compare with it

I received mine yesterday, and I have to agree with Rob;  They absolutely have to be aged for a while.  It was  VERY young with bitterness on every puff.  Draw was perfect, as was the burn, but the flavor was completely overshadowed by strong, tannic astringency.  About 2/3 into the cigar, I finally started getting some flavors of cocoa and wood in between the bitterness, but this cigar need to be rested for a while.  I can’t wait to try it again in about a month. 

2C9763DB-6F7A-4C0B-BD84-007AD5E5065C.jpeg

72C0EF3C-C15B-4BFD-A008-6726D2BDE7E6.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 3:43 PM, SCgarman said:

What kind of flavor notes did you get? 

Syrup, Pancakes, some molasses maybe as well, touch of coffee here and there. Excellent. 

6 minutes ago, MrBirdman said:

Syrup, Pancakes, some molasses maybe as well, touch of coffee here and there. Excellent. 

Sounds fantastic, and much more complex than the PLPC currently selling for $530/cab. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Sounds fantastic, and much more complex than the PLPC currently selling for $530/cab. 

They’re certainly more complex than young PLPC and obviously far more consistent. 

• Like 4

I decided to try another petit corona after one week in the humidor.  The first one that I tried the day they came in was very harsh and bitter, but in just one week, they have already transformed into a powerful, earthy, spicy, and sweet smoke.  The draw was firm but good, and the smoke was thick and almost chewy.  I can see these getting even better with more time in the humidor, and I  give it a solid 91 already.  Well done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed one ROTT, thanks to @cigarnv!  ...Not my usual M.O. but I very much enjoyed the tasting.  Keeping in mind how very, very young these are -- and that we smoked them well before the requested rest -- I was impressed.  The opening sweetness (not cloying; just perfect, followed by earthiness and cocoa nibs, IMO) -- and the 2nd/3rd (the whole of it, filled with baking spices and unsweetened choc chip cookie dough) were my favorites.  The last 3rd brought the youth ...and bitterness -- but I feel it's our fault for smoking it so early.  

Can't wait to see what the future brings.  

Appreciating all of these Nudies, even more (head-and-shoulders more) than the earlier iterations (which I also enjoyed just not to this extent).  

Thank you Hamlet & Rob. 

• Like 2

Finally got to my PO Box to get these little beauts. It was my bday and had one in the garage after a looong day of dive bar hopping, so my usual tasting notes are out the window haha but from what I can remember it had robust flavours, and great construction, and I’m excited to have one after some downtime. 

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

• Like 3

Received my second bundle of the Puro Desnudo Petit Corona today, and decided to have 1 ROTT, and put the rest away for a good rest.

In the first 1/3, I was getting mostly chocolate and coffee. Great construction!!!

c745e53b6a3288d3ecf5b1d51bd4728e.jpg

2/3 more chocolate, and I’m getting some light spicy flavours, not as much coffee as the 1/3.

681e2169357a58cdcf83c8da7eda1b00.jpg

Last 1/3 chocolate croissant with espresso. Medium Full, great construction, perfect burn.

4ef50833ea028eb13f2c5c7ec9670e79.jpg

Kudos to Rob, Hamlet and the entire team. This is a great cigar ROTT, and I can’t wait to see how it it will develop over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3