2023 Nudies Desnudo IV Petit Corona Tasting Thread.

Been smoking these Marevas since a few days after delivery until now maybe 15 days and you could have told me it was a moderately aged PLPC and I wouldn't argue it. Thanks Rob & Hamlet for making smokes like these available after what's happened in the Cuban market.

• Thanks 1

Don't know if it's just me but my first stick trying these made me so confused; usually the year on year change in blend introduced incremental changes in taste profile, but these are really very significantly different from the previous batch.

On my second stick now and I'm getting my head round to the "new" n4 instead of basing my expectations on the previous version. 

Coffee and cookies dominate

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Meklown said:

Don't know if it's just me but my first stick trying these made me so confused; usually the year on year change in blend introduced incremental changes in taste profile, but these are really very significantly different from the previous batch.

On my second stick now and I'm getting my head round to the "new" n4 instead of basing my expectations on the previous version. 

Coffee and cookies dominate

Well picked up. This was a fundamental as opposed to an incremental change. 

Different tobacco, 4 + years of age, 3 fermentations, moving from 100% Nicaraguan to 80% Honduran, 20% Nicaraguan. 

You nailed it, "Coffee and cookies dominate". :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Smoking this ROTT. Its in need of rest. Of course! But that said I got those cocoa and coffee notes right away. It's got a tinge of burnt sugar in there somewhere. I can't wait to see how these are after 30 days,90 days,etc. Great vitola. I'm excited. Thanks Prez! The Canonazo will be my next purchase.

20230818_170527.jpg

20230818_220334.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I smoked another of these this morning on a whim. Ok wow! I can see these won't last long. Total burnt sugar and coffee, earth and cocoa. Bomb! And these will get better!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A quick follow up to my review above. I have been thinking about how much I enjoyed this cigar. I couldn’t remember how much it cost me so I looked it up again. 
I think at 7.68$ a stick it is THE best value for the money in the industry.

After looking at how I rated things in the past,  I updated my earlier rating to a 91.  

• Like 2

Update . I've had a chance to smoke a few more of these. They've been resting a while. They are getting better. I had 1 that was plugged and I pulled a stem out with my perfect draw. I had one this morning with coffee, perfect construction and nubbed! These are great value PCs!!! Also they are good!

On 9/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, Ford2112 said:

Update . I've had a chance to smoke a few more of these. They've been resting a while. They are getting better. I had 1 that was plugged and I pulled a stem out with my perfect draw. I had one this morning with coffee, perfect construction and nubbed! These are great value PCs!!! Also they are good!

Had a similar issue with one of my own. Pulled the stem but it changed the way the cigar tasted too dramatically, so I ended up pitching it. I think that was the first problem I've had with a nudie in about 30 cigars, so they're still hitting like 97% 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not the best at a review, I usually am in the camp of I like it or I don't. My order arrived yesterday. BTW, these are packaged very very well. These are also my first Nudies.

I had to try one ROTT as my outdoor smoking season is coming to a rapid close, so the remaining cigars will have to sit until sometime in April or May when temps start back up for the spring.

Cold aroma is all barnyard. Yumm. Draw is perfect, smoke production is really good. I get some grassy notes, a bit of coffee and chocolate and a touch of sweetness. I can't wait until spring. I've got a suspicion that they will be amazing after some rest.

Best part of the whole cigar was the fact that I got absolutely NO pepper. So glad to see a NW cigar that has no pepper. It's a big turn off to me and a big reason why I like Cubans so much. Nice to see an affordable and tasty alternative to Cuban PC's. Will be buying more of these and trying out some of the others in the line. Well done!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Smoked probably my 4th one last night at 70 degrees F. and 68% humidity outside. These have been resting, open at 62% Rh in my humi for 155 days. I was lazy and did not take any pictures but the cigar burned flawlessly and was incredibly smooth. I had just returned from a duck hunting trip where I'd brought and smoked several Monte 4's (AMO-Sept-16). For ¾'s of the cigar this Desnudo IV PC was a carbon-copy of the exact Monte 4 flavors I was getting on the trip. I was smoking it with a Nespresso Arpeggio Decaf with some creme and Splenda so that seemed to mask any sweetness from the cigar. The last one I smoked had just started with hints of sweetness. It was pure coffee and cookie dough with perhaps a very slight milk-chocolate.  The flavors stayed consistent through ¾ of the cigar. In the last inch I picked up a little vegetable flavor and pitched it.  

These continue to evolve. The last one was smooth for only the first half of the cigar before I then had some darker flavors. This one stayed smooth till the last inch. Probably still acclimating fully to the 62% with a little extra moisture in the last inch accounting for the change in flavor. Did not get any PLPC out of this one - no mongrel and no Carmel sweetness but my guess is that too will come as these continue to mature. These are still not in my regular rotation - tasting one about every 30 days or so - but they are getting close!

• Like 2