2023 Desnudo N1 Lancero Tasting thread

@El Presidente, the 21 N1 turned magical after 6+ months. Makes me a little mad for smoking a couple bundles before that happened. They were still good cigars but are phenomenal now. I know you don’t have a crystal ball, but do you have an expectation on the new ones regarding longer rest?  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Pantone151 said:

Had to try one ROTT. I'm still in the first 3rd and I'm no sommelier when it comes to notes but so far agree with Hamlet on the light to medium and more sweet than savory at this point

It should start building up steam and richness from the 1/3rd mark.  Sip slowly 😁

• Like 3

Got excited to try one from the bundle. Would like to have a base point to compare in 30 days and then after that as well luckily have a few bundles to go through.

IMG_20230701_224944877.jpg

IMG_20230701_224736817.jpg

• Like 4

Received my two bundles and they went away for a long rest -- although I admit, it is hard not to try one ROTT.  Thanks to all of you that "go for it"!  I appreciate reading the ROTT reviews.

• Like 2

Just enjoyed one a few minutes ago after a 10 day rest post delivery. My experience & tasting notes reflect those of HumidorJuan's above (well stated & I can't do any better LOL). Fantastic cigar & aging potential is definitely there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, griller said:

Just enjoyed one a few minutes ago after a 10 day rest post delivery. My experience & tasting notes reflect those of HumidorJuan's above (well stated & I can't do any better LOL). Fantastic cigar & aging potential is definitely there. 

Happy to be on the same page! Cheers 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 9:22 PM, CigSid said:

I just pulled the trigger on a bundle of these. 

I’ve known this man for many years… we’ve “shared” some of the best cigars that have ever existed. (I remember when you and Ken were smoking one of my Luis’s and you said “Partagas Reservas is a very very good cigar…. But… this.. this.. is… perfection” and “why wouldn’t we give it hundred? It wouldn’t pour a drink by itself” 😂 

if you say “I think we have made on of the best Lanceros in the world today”, then these have to be pretty damn good. 

I will let them rest for a bit, and will let you know what I think.

Have to agree here. Just pulled the trigger as well. I've been away from this board too long, and I come back to this delicious looking lancero! And agree, if Rob says it's up there with the best, then even if he's wrong it will be a good solid lancero for about $10 a pop. Can't beat it!

• Like 1

I got a fiver on a box split, Thanks Mike. I’ll give them a rest but wow, the barnyard thing is there. 

I smoked one on the long drive home yesterday afternoon, very enjoyable even with only a couple of weeks rest.

Some great sweetness throughout and a very welcome aftertaste!

Probably should not have split my bundle.

• Like 1

I got my package a couple of days ago. On opening, the most powerful aroma I've ever experienced. Wow. Wow. Wow. Amazing smoke. Big thanks to Rob, Hamlet and everyone involved.  Looking forward to dipping in after another 4 weeks and sharing some with my local brothers

PXL_20230715_072901521.jpg.6912b3eb431d827820ab64d48c179711.jpg

• Like 3