2023 Desnudo N1 Lancero Tasting thread

3 hours ago, tsolomon said:

We smoked a couple of them the other day and really liked them.  They were smooth and delicious with great flavor, we really like lanceros and will buy more of them.

How did they compare to the Mareva?

12 hours ago, AbasCigar said:

How did they compare to the Mareva?

Haven't tried the Marevas, but we also like the Nudies Desnudo IV Petit Corona.  Just ordered a box of the Carlottas and can't wait to try them.

• Thanks 1

Seeing folks on here wake up to the brilliance that can be a well blended NC is a real trip 🤯

That’s when you realize there’s an entire palate of colors that can be painted with, that aren’t even being used. 

And it will fundamentally make you appreciate the special nature of Cuban tobacco. Which is tobacco that achieves the highest highs. But can meddle around mediocrity due to lack of quality control, lack of age, etc. 

• Like 4

On 7/26/2023 at 7:09 AM, Plato said:

Seeing folks on here wake up to the brilliance that can be a well blended NC is a real trip 🤯

That’s when you realize there’s an entire palate of colors that can be painted with, that aren’t even being used. 

And it will fundamentally make you appreciate the special nature of Cuban tobacco. Which is tobacco that achieves the highest highs. But can meddle around mediocrity due to lack of quality control, lack of age, etc. 

I mean, the reality is Habanos are basically priced out of consideration for all but the wealthy at this point.  I’ve always mixed the two with a preference for Cubans, but now I’m basically a 100% (apart from smoking through my stock) NC guy now.  Rob was, as usual, a master of timing with the ramp-up of the Nudies program - couldn’t have come at a better time for those of us looking for NC options that recall at least to some extent the character of Habanos.

• Like 1

Lanceros just arrived. Magnificent aroma on opening. I'll let these rest. Bring on September and Spring. Maybe an Old Fashioned with this one or a sweet bourbon with a dash of coke on ice or a dark rum on ice or an iced coffee or even a Sauternes or a Belgium Dopplebok or a German Dunkel or all of the above. Ha ha!

• Like 1

Initial Thoughts: I am getting very little aroma off the wrapper. I pull the pig tail off the cap and the draw was perfect. A touch of chocolate and sweetness on the cold draw. The initial lighting was very full and had red pepper on the retro.

1/3: About 1/2” in the red pepper subsided now I just get a touch of pepper on the retro. I am getting a Juan Lopez core of espresso with that touch of sweetness. There’s a touch biscuit, citrus, and smooth earthiness. The smoke has a creamy mouth feel. The body is a little over medium. 

2/3: The sweetness has increased a touch. The core is still espresso but a little more chocolatey. Which is great with biscuit flavor I am still getting in the background. Occasionally, I still get citrus notes that really round out the sweetness and chocolate notes. The aroma off the foot smoke is extremely pleasant, but I can’t quite put a finger on what it reminds me off. The smoke still has a nice creamy mouthfeel and I get the occasional red pepper on the retro. The pepper is very faint though

3/3: At the beginning of this third the core has become more chocolate. The pepper has become more prevalent on the retro but it is still pleasant. The background is getting a little less complex and earthy. This leaves a dryer feeling in the mouth, which is interesting with the initial sweetness you get when you puff. The last 1.5” of this cigar has changed to a black coffee core. The sweet notes have faded as the smoke is hotter. 

Final Thoughts: 90-91 points. The first two thirds were very pleasant. The burn was perfect, the smoke was pleasant and the profile left me satisfied. I wish the last 1.5” was as excellent as I put it down with more than inch left. This brings me to the important question. Why do these not come in 25 and 50 cabs? 

IMG_3328.jpeg

• Like 4

Just finished a follow up from my July 9th assessment and am impressed to say the least! Got to be honest the nicotine got ahold of me during the final 3rd and had me buzzing a bit. This bundle is going to be tough to age so I may adding another one shortly. This is truly an outstanding cigar blend. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 2:12 PM, griller said:

Just finished a follow up from my July 9th assessment and am impressed to say the least! Got to be honest the nicotine got ahold of me during the final 3rd and had me buzzing a bit. This bundle is going to be tough to age so I may adding another one shortly. This is truly an outstanding cigar blend. 

I had two over the weekend. They are coming along very nicely indeed :D

• Like 1

My first today. Gorgeous looking cigar, perfect draw and a good burn. Way better than the average CoLa. 

Mine was quite punchy! In flavour I would say a cross between PL and Upman, which is praise indeed. I got some red pepper too, alongside a rich earthy sweetness. Very consistent build in body as it smoked down. A fair nicotine kick too.

For my taste I’ll wait a year before the next one. I had a 2021 Maduro last week and it was excellent: much smoother and sweeter at this stage. But this 2023 was very promising for the future.

IMG_6915.jpeg.c65108f77dcd5974cebc167aa90070ec.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...