Thoughts? NFT

On 4/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, JZBdano said:

I blame it on not enough sunlight and fresh air.  Too much time on lockdown in the basement.  Computer nerds need to get out into the real world sometimes or they come up with wacko stuff like this.   

We don't want concept cigars, we want LGC MdO No2s and HUPCs.

Thing about computer nerds. They've always stayed in their basements and avoided the real world. This lockdown thing was not a thing for those guys..... business as usual.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:40 AM, mprach024 said:

It’s all has to do with blockchain, AI, machine learning, analytics, SaaS, integration and intelligence, but mostly the easy explanation is....cloud.  So it’s pretty simple.

@Habana Mike which buzzwords did I leave out? ...Don’t say Snowflake...

Buzzwords? Hashing, GPU, proof of work. I'm sure there are many more.

Reality, a ton of compute an cost to generate a blockchain. Hence the perceived value. Blockchain is the key word though.

So cloud gives you the ton of compute if you're willing to invest. That or botnet everyone else's compute.

No Snowflakes in that game though the COB/CEO of a company I worked for in the past purchased over $2B bitcoin the past year now valued at around $5B. Stock skyrocketed 600%. Glad I've held on to my ESPP shares.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes, all way beyond me. when i saw that two brothers, i think (well, i guess the evidence would be that surely two families could not have produced such utter idiots), paid something like nearly $3 mi

The first experience of producing limited numbered humidor jars with cigars Art Nouveau Serie Ramón Allones Hermitage Edición Regional Rusia 2017 (a joint project of Top Cigars Corporation and Cigar C

It seems to me that it is high time for everyone to switch to this. A high level of decentralization, protection from states and the banking system, minimal losses on commissions, the ability to conve

12 hours ago, TobaccoRoad said:

Non Fungible Tokens... That sounds to me like what the funny little pieces of green paper with pictures of dead presidents will be called at some point in the future. I say spend it on something worthwhile while you can. Rolled up tobacco leaves will definitely taste better when burned than rolled up Non Fungible Tokens. 

Absolutely cannot argue with that logic 👍

• Like 1

NFT applications could be massive beyond collectibles and art:

think of the value chain of the music industry going fully digital and for example the master recordings of any given artist whom today is really more likely to have a fully digital creative process, which is also tied to a fully digital distribution and consumption process. 

think of gaming and the continued expansion of digital universes (I.e fortnite, etc) imagine (it is already ongoing) that digital assets are portable across games / universes - NFT use case. Imagine that these universes give birth to digital native businesses (someone here watched the show of Travis Scott on Fortnite?)...and imagine an NFT could be a deed on digital land (obvious ramifications as it is obviously very different to physical land), a right of use, a design, who knows. 

i could go for quite a bit with possible applications beyond collectibles and only fans special editions :)...I am not into just yet as too much noise though and I think difficult to choose where, but seems if not this something similar or the nth derivative of it will prevail as more and more of our life is going digital.

on Bitcoin, ETHEREUM,etc...it depends on your risk appetite. But how many tech startup investments are there you would have liquidity on? Meaning, you can invest and whenever the tech does not advance at your desired pace or anything else you can liquidate your holdings? From that perspective is a no brainer. Lots of risk, lots to change, lots of pain ahead. But not many real bets out there with true asymmetric upside, that said as it continues to go up the less asymmetric of a bet it is. 

Btw - this is not financial advice of any kind for the avoidance of doubt. 😅😅

• 4 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, nKostyan said:

The first experience of producing limited numbered humidor jars with cigars Art Nouveau Serie Ramón Allones Hermitage Edición Regional Rusia 2017 (a joint project of Top Cigars Corporation and Cigar Cult) continues in the digital environment, namely on the Binance NFT platform, which was launched by the world's largest crypto exchange on June 24, 2021.

It is known that such jars are produced by many regional distributors of HSA and have one drawback - the lack of a Habanos authenticity seal. How can you guarantee authenticity when buying/selling?

On July 01, 2021, the world's first public sale of a "cigar" NFT was carried out, secured by a real collectible "numbered cigars" asset, which can subsequently be stored with the issuer of the token under the contract and continue circulation in the NFT format, or can be presented for repayment by the owner of the NFT and withdrawn from circulation. The NFT model of the humidor jar No. 10 from the limited edition of 100 pieces was sold for 2250 BUSD, which is 250 BUSD more than the minimum auction price.

It should be mentioned that in April 2021, UNITED CIGARS also announced the launch and sale of the cigar NFT "Atabey Black Ritos" on the OpenSea NFT platform, but it is not yet clear from the terms of this token whether it is provided with a real cigar asset or not.

A little more information about the technology of the tool from CIGAR CULT NFT can be read in the material using the translator: https://cigartime.ru/whats-new/news/cigar-cult-nft-vypustila-pervyy-sigarnyy-token/

It can be assumed that in the future it may become an ideal tool for cigar collectors around the world. Those who want to own collectible cigars not for consumption, but as an investment and resale opportunity. The storage guarantor in this case is the physical cigar asset itself, and it will be stored by a professional company in the field of distribution with a high reputation and status in the cigar world, which will store the physical asset in its depository under a responsible storage agreement, maintain a register, conduct an audit. Thus, many issues related to the difficulties of moving cigar assets around the world are solved, transaction costs are reduced, and the issue of trust in the authenticity of the underlying asset increases.
During 2021, collectors will be offered the remaining NFT (50 pieces in total).

Materials used: https://www.cigar-cult.ru

Thanks for sharing that. Interesting stuff and I'll be watching how it goes.

For a few years now I've been looking at Ethereum as a means of providing "trustless" transactions using smart contracts. A means of guaranteeing completion of terms of a contract without the necessity of the parties involved even knowing each other.

It is being used by a growing number of industries, and I can think of a number of uses.

I've been hitting a few stumbling blocks, user acceptance, gas fees and a good walkthrough of a current use. The code wouldn't be much of an issue. That looks straightforward enough.

Compliance is already a huge industry. Decentralised compliance while allowing anonymity could be much bigger.    

• 11 months later...
  • JohnS changed the title to Thoughts? NFT
  • 1 month later...

It seems to me that it is high time for everyone to switch to this. A high level of decentralization, protection from states and the banking system, minimal losses on commissions, the ability to convert into any currency, there are no territorial bindings – all these are the advantages of cryptocurrencies. Transparency of cryptocurrency systems. The blockchain of any cryptocurrency is open. Everyone can study it with the help of various tools. try to start trading with https://fbs.com/analytics/tips/how-you-may-use-the-emas-in-your-trading-15830 .

• Haha 1

yes, all way beyond me. when i saw that two brothers, i think (well, i guess the evidence would be that surely two families could not have produced such utter idiots), paid something like nearly $3 million for a bog average bottle of champagne which was an NFT, i thought here we go again.

NFT, which i assumed meant Not For Thinking. 

seriously, why not just rip the money up in the shower. at least then you don't show the world you are an imbecile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I thought La Flor Dominicana already used an NFT in connection with their super limited release. In that context, it seems to me that the NFT would be used to transfer access to an already hyper-limited luxury good that was already desired. I think NFTs could work as a marketing tool or maybe even authentication tool for something already considered a to be premium luxury product. However, I don't see an NFT would add or build value in a new (or even worse, conceptual) product.

Let's just hope they never take the NFT off the gold standard. Fiat NFTs are the worst. 

• 10 months later...

https://halfwheel.com/tatuaje-and-smoke-inns-first-anarchy-nft-auction-fetches-100000/428698/

TATUAJE AND SMOKE INN’S FIRST ANARCHY NFT AUCTION FETCHES $100,000

1st auction done. What they get for the money? A piece of original art, a 75 count bespoke humidor, 75 Anarchy cigars and  "the opportunity to purchase a quarterly allotment of 15 boxes of 15 Tatuaje Anarchy NFT Edition cigars at the price of $14 per cigar."

2nd auction underway at $34,000 $55,200 so get in quick! https://marketplace.ureeqa.com/marketplace/collection/6ec72212-bbd8-4a0d-956b-b59bc31b8134/detail/93d22a3d-2a9a-4d53-be7c-0a10ef4b3600

collection is here https://marketplace.ureeqa.com/marketplace/collection/6ec72212-bbd8-4a0d-956b-b59bc31b8134/