Partagas Luisitanas 25 box

Yea no doubt.  What is a fair price if I wanted to buy a 2017 box from someone?
A kidney

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bigkahuna said:

50 cabs are now going for 1700+ Secondary. 25 dress boxes for 750ish. The times they are a changin’ :(

Globally, $700's is where they will play  (25's). 

About 10% less than the Opus X  Double Corona. 

About 10% more than the Padron 1926 Churchill. 

You would find it easier to find the above two right now. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Remember when they were up for sub 400 50 cabs early covid …. Missed all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's lusi 50 cabs that must have been early COVID, by late 2020, $800 was an OK price online. And I think Cuba was already $550+ by 2020.

2 hours ago, Bijan said:

If that's lusi 50 cabs that must have been early COVID, by late 2020, $800 was an OK price online. And I think Cuba was already $550+ by 2020.

Yeah, outside of Cuba I haven't seen Lusi 50s in the $400s for quite a while. Like 2002. That's a sub-$10 Lusi. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, El Presidente said:

Let's test that theorum today :D

BR had that at $775 (Reserve not met.) BIN for $1100. Nope, no cigar...

They are selling out no problem at USD720. Per cigar, it still makes sense. But a box of 25 now seems like a lot of money. I suspect we’ll be seeing more 10s… That’s how the fine wine world has moved: from dozens, to sixes, to threes, to singles…

22 hours ago, RDB said:

They are selling out no problem at USD720. Per cigar, it still makes sense. But a box of 25 now seems like a lot of money. I suspect we’ll be seeing more 10s… That’s how the fine wine world has moved: from dozens, to sixes, to threes, to singles…

Nearly $30 a stick doesn't make sense for A LOT of people. Me included. 

I understand plenty of people around the world have justified 500% tax rates and ridiculous prices for years now. That doesn't mean the rest of the world should all sprint to the bottom too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Nearly $30 a stick doesnt make sense for A LOT of people. Me included. 

I understand plenty of people around the world have justified 500% tax rates and ridiculous prices for years now. That doesn't mean the rest of the world should all sprint to the bottom too. 

While I am in complete agreement with this, the sad fact is that it may level off but will never revert. Ever. Housing ? Cars ? Watches ? Any single other luxury item. They will continue to climb. $30 per will be a steal in a decade when they are 50-60 per. 
look at the complainers in the 90s when Lusis were 5-6$ per or in 08 when BGMs were $75 a box. It’s relative and will cause two events : pushing out those who actively remember the old pricing and attract an equal or greater amount of influencers as new customers. Look at the opus secondary. There are hundreds of 20-30 year olds paying 400$ per stick for an opus 25th which in reality is an opus with a different color band and an orange foot ribbon. That’s it. Older smokers remember the 90s when they were 7$ per. Fuente lost that crowd and obtained a 2x times amount of younger smokers.  As long as babies continue to be born there will be “shortages” forever. Lol! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Nearly $30 a stick doesnt make sense for A LOT of people.

Of course that’s right. For most of the world’s population, $10 on a smoke is unthinkable.

But relative to other globally traded luxury consumables, which I’m afraid is what these are, it’s still pretty good. Think how far $30 goes on fine wine or whisky, and how much pleasure you get there compared to a couple of hours with a good Lusi. Or ask yourself in what other category you can get arguably the very best experience for this kind of money?

Don’t get me wrong, I hate the recent price increases and they have fundamentally changed my purchasing pattern… 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RDB said:

Of course that’s right. For most of the world’s population, $10 on a smoke is unthinkable.

But a $10 wine is a bargain!  How much is a Mojito at a local bar....anywhere in the US/EU/Oz.....$15-20? 

$30 USD for a smoke is a special occasion smoke for me but I treat it no different to a $30 USD bottle of wine. 

So a Lusi for $30 must provide me $30 worth of utility/value...at a minimum.   2 hours of Cuban tobacco goodness.  If it can't I will look elsewhere. 

The HSA rise has forced consumer change in a number of significant markets. In other markets, the needle has barely moved.  It will be the end of the year until the smoke clears (exuse the pun :D) and we can look back and assess the strategy with some level of accuracy. 

• Like 2

$ 5.00 for a gallon of gas must be endured, we are all caught in this situation.

This is in light of the fact that gas was less than $3.00/gallon a couple of years ago. 

$30.00 for a cigar that only cost $10.00 a few years ago is an absurdity.

It is not realistic and is a clear sign of desperation from Cuba's economic crash. 

How long until the people of Cuba toss their failing system out and rebuild their country  ?