MoeFOH's Movie of the Week... Week #20...

MoeFOH's Movie of the Week 🎥

Each week we're going to spotlight a movie... be it a classic, new release, hidden gem, or outright turd... and open it for discussion: i.e. post up your favourite quotes, clips, memories... or dive deeper and give us a critique on why you think it's great, overrated, or a complete train wreck... And finally score it for us... :looking: 

All contributors go into a monthly prize draw for a 3-cigar sampler! :cigar:

PM me with suggestions if there's a movie you want to nominate for next week's discussion. :thumbsup:

Week #20: Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Wiki says:

Raiders of the Lost Ark is a 1981 American action-adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Lawrence Kasdan, based on a story by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman. It stars Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, John Rhys-Davies, and Denholm Elliott. Ford portrays Indiana Jones, a globe-trotting archaeologist vying with Nazi German forces in 1936 to recover the long-lost Ark of the Covenant, a relic said to make an army invincible. Teaming up with his tough former lover Marion Ravenwood (Allen), Jones races to stop rival archaeologist Dr. René Belloq (Freeman) from guiding the Nazis to the Ark and its power.

Over to you...

How do you rate it? Favourite scenes?

Best moments?... etc, and so on... post 'em up!!

Give us your score out of 10!

:perfect10:

• Like 3

Great flick. For Tom Selleck 's career, i'm glad he held onto his promise to make Magnum PI despite the schedule issues and not go to Raiders. Worked well for the movie and his career as well.

They did a spoof on Magnum in the 'Raiders of the Lost Art' episode. 

Yeah, the show is a guilty pleasure.  Might be why I tricked the wife to name our boy Thomas Sullivan 🤣

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yeah! The second movie that I have actually watched in this series- a solid 10% should be applauded, right?

This is a "guilty pleasure" movie. It was great the first time that I watched it, as a kid. It appealed to all of my interested as a kid- history, adventure, the supernatural. Watching it as a adult, though, and it really does not hold up well. But do I watch it if I happen to stumble upon it on TV? Absolutely. Provided no other adults are in the area to heckle me about watching me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, La_Tigre said:

Another 9/10,

”why’d it have to be snakes!”

Sallah: "Indy, why does the floor move?"
Indiana: "Give me your torch."
Indiana: "Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
Sallah: "Asps... very dangerous. You go first."

:rotfl:

• Haha 3

While I do love this movie and will watch it anytime it's on tv, all I can think about is the plot hole brought up in 'The Big Bang Theory:' Indy is essentially irrelevant to the plot.  If his character was not in the movie, the Nazi's would have still found the ark and died. 

• Haha 2

It did much better when released than what they thought it would. It ended up the top-selling film at the box office in 1981. Not bad for a modern take on a 1930s Saturday afternoon B-grade serial film!

• Like 2

Probably my least favorite movie with Harrison Ford in it. That said it gets a 7/10. That's how badass Harrison Ford is!

• Like 1