Deep Dive: Trinidad Coloniales

El Presidente

Trinidad Coloniales   

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We did Trinidad Fundadores.....but what about the Coloniales? To me it is my favourite cigar in the Trini lineup. 

Let's talk Trinidad Coloniales

• Do you like  Trinidad Coloniales 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Trinidad Coloniales 
  • Do the poll!

Trinidad Coloniales! :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

A requiem for the Coloniales...

Like them but don't love them. Tries to be perfectly balanced and smooth which can result in some blend inconsistency usually ending up on the lighter side. When on they can be excellent and maybe the best Trini but great ones are uncommon. 

I do love the vitola however. 

• Like 2

One of the first Trinidads I smoked regularly.   Never grabbed full boxes and I regret that.  I always found it to be the most intense cigar in the Marca. Wish i went deep on them 

I couldn’t count all of the times that I almost pulled the trigger on a box… I had two consecutive boxes of Reyes that were 99% cedar, and that threw me off from Trinidad at the absolute wrong time!!! Oh well, as Prez says, they are just cigars. It is killing me though that I can’t contribute to this poll though!!! 

Liked them enough at the time to buy four boxes. Still like them. Not in a love period right now. Perhaps the cost per stick, perhaps taste/seasonality who knows. I dip back every few months. 
It’s summer and very nice out so I’m plowing into the bigger forbidden Vitolas right now. 

Have yet to have one. Shied away from boxes due to the quality concerns. The quality blew up and the price went up, sour grapes prevented that purchase then. Boyo, look at the now….

On 6/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, Hoepssa said:

one box from 19 changed my mind.

I have some of these in storage--glad to hear it.

My 2018 box is either not ready yet or will never be ready....     

If I had to choose one Cuban for the rest of my life, it would be the Coloniales. They're my absolute favorite. I've burned through at least 6 boxes, just during trips to Cuba. I've purchased close to 20 boxes overall and only have about half of two left. I've probably smoked two or three of these for every one of my next most common cigar.

I agree with those stating that getting the right box and wrapper shade is important. I hand selected the vast majority the boxes I bought myself, using my own eyes, nose and ears. These and the Fundy's where an astounding deal on the island for years and years. I wish I'd bought more of both!! These filled in the gap for me when the Upmann PC was discontinued, but now 75% of my preferred line up is just a gaping hole in the Habanos portfolio. (the Coloniales might as well be discontinued at the current price)

• Like 4

I've always really liked these, but haven't had one for years. (Box of 2014 was the last one I finished, I believe) I found them fuller and slow burning, more like a robusto, with the same profile as a Fundadore. It's a shame they've been priced out of my wheelhouse, as I loved the size and the profile.

Good to see you all, I'm back from a long hiatus from all the boards but have been lurking.

-Matt

• Like 1