Sweeter smoking Cubans

Hi FOH peeps!!  I am looking for cigar suggestions. I am looking for sweeter smoking cigars to try. I do like cream, cocoa, chocolate 🍫 or fruit notes. Lighter earth, leather, wood notes. I have a couple El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme’s which I think are excellent but can’t find a box anywhere. Any other cigar recommendation’s would be greatly appreciated. 

Nice to know about Punch Punch. I have some down that I need to dig in on. The aged Punch DC I had last year was absolutely sublime. Easily one of the best cigars I’ve ever smoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I smoked a HDM Epicure De Luxe a couple nights ago and it had some strong caramel notes mixed in with cocoa and what I deemed cinnamon notes. It had three years of age on it and previously I had not gotten these sweet notes from others in the box.

• Like 1

The Punch Short de Punch are amazing recently

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

It's taking all of my power to let mine just rest for a bit. But yeah, they've been flawless and really packing a...Punch. 

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Just me, but I find the SdP anything but sweet. Wood, leather, dark coffee. DC and Punch Punch have a much sweeter and fruity profile. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Just me, but I find the SdP anything but sweet. Wood, leather, dark coffee. DC and Punch Punch have a much sweeter and fruity profile. 

I found caramel, Malt, Wood and sweet almond in mine. Best to ask @Bijan. He won the blind taste comp, even though I tried desperately to steer him away from his obvious wrong guesses! 😀

Addendum: This 2020 Trini Reyes has a pleasantly sweet character 

• Like 2

This is my preferred flavor profile, too.

ERDM Choix Supreme is one of my favorite cigars (haven't had one in years as I can't find them), and I love the ERDM marca flavor profile (again, hard to come by these days).

In that camp I would rate Por Larranaga very similarly although with a bit less of the citrusy "twang" I so love in ERDM, but it does have similar floral and sweet notes for me.

I also find HDM Epicure No. 1 has a similar sweet flavor for me but it runs more on the woody side than any of the citrusy-sweet flavors I would get from an ERDM.

LGC is also more or less in that realm although I would say it's more on the floral side. Again, good luck finding those.

Typing this made my mouth water, and made me sad that so many of my favorites are so hard to find these days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1