Regionals you miss. Regionals you wish you bought more of.

Regionals that you miss?

The ones where you have now finsished or maybe are down to the last few in the box/cab....... and that in itself is giving you sleepless nights 😧

I don't have too many regionals whose absence instills fear to my heart. But I do have a few. 

My first?  Bolivar Simones

List yours. Add a photo if you can find one. 

Boli Simones TEB OCT 08.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't buy many regionals, but would love to have been able to grab a couple more cabs of these.

I should have kept 50 boxes of these for myself.  For lovers of fuller bodied cigars. It took 5 years for them to become approachable.  Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos   

Saint Luis Rey Pacificos - Asia Pacifico 2009. Smoked one during the weekend after a long time, and they still deliver one of the most enjoyable experiences. Thankfully (or sadly really) still have ab

@Elpresidente , you obviously have had better access to (everything) cigar related, but if I had to go back I would have stocked up on the AP ERDM Tainos. I burned the one from the ‘19 Christmas sampler and only bought 1 box. Those things put an Espy to shame, IMHO. Very similar profile, cinnamon, nuts and light coffee. I will follow your advice: Do Not Open ‘til 2025...

• Like 4

Yes, Boli Simones were a real standout. One of the pearls of the early ERs. I would put the PL Lonsdales with it. 

Obviously there have been some real gems in the program. RA Phoenicio (all), Edmundo Dantes 109 & 54, Boli Especiales No. 2 & 5ta Avenida, LE Selectos Finos & Don Jose, PL Magnificos, Dip Bushido, LGC Orgullosos, Punch Clasicos, SP Eslavo. 

I would say those are the standouts of the program to date. 

• Like 4

That’s one I have yet to try. @Chibearsv sent me one that I’ll hold until Christmas’22. With my pedestrian selection, it is difficult to match his generosity.

I’ve got both halves of my brain and all 800 remaining brain cells on the problem... 🤔

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I should have kept 50 boxes of these for myself. 

For lovers of fuller bodied cigars. It took 5 years for them to become approachable. 

Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos 

Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos NOV 16.jpg

Absolute cracker! Love 'em.

17 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

That’s one I have yet to try. @Chibearsv sent me one that I’ll hold until Christmas’22. With my pedestrian selection, it is difficult to match his generosity.

I’ve got both halves of my brain and all 800 remaining brain cells on the problem... 🤔

I’ll gladly share with my fellow NFC North sufferer 😁

• Thanks 1

Saint Luis Rey Inca Edición Regional Peru

Smoked a few in Ecuador at the LCDH. I really liked them. It was a stand out cigar for me. Thought it wouldn't be so hard to find these from other channels. Man was I wrong. Very hard to find outside of South America. Now probably impossible. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Por Larranaga Robusto at the 5 year mark was probably the most sought after cigar in the world. 

It went from "bleh" to "bellisima" in what seemed overnight.

Those look good. 24/24 tonight?... 😳

Agree on the Simones, still have some but not enough. Another Canadian regional I’m getting low on is the RA Gordito, also very good but not a Simones. 

So many! I think a lot of people slept on those Bolivar Hong Kong, you had maybe a year or 2 ago.

But...

Punch Hong Kong Sir David

PL Asia Pacifico 07(I know 08 they did another robusto)

ERDM Kon Kiki(matter of fact any 109) The Serbia Sancho Panza one of the best I've smoked

ERDM La Reina another sold stick

So many But @El Presidente When can we see some new ones from you!

• Like 1

Por Larranaga Robusto at the 5 year mark was probably the most sought after cigar in the world. 

It went from "bleh" to "bellisima" in what seemed overnight.

These from 2007

The PL Encantos from 2011

image.png.97679f3737515f628d047169a07e253e.png

Diplomaticos Canada RE Nortenos (2018)

Vegas Robaina Canada RE XV Anniversario (2012)

image.png.95047955dda3c08219e032f6c634ee21.png

• Like 3

those VR Canadian Regional were great. 

I only purchased a split box but the 5 Diplo Canadian Regional I smoked weren't the best. Maybe I smoked them too soon.

• Like 1

I should have kept 50 boxes of these for myself. 

For lovers of fuller bodied cigars. It took 5 years for them to become approachable. 

Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos

omg.  this photo makes me so emotional.I wish that I bought 50 for myself too.  I dare\ say that if this was the only cigar i smoke the rest of my life, I would be ok with that.