I woke up screaming

.....my worst nightmare has come to life :covereyes:

https://halfwheel.com/isabela-cigars-releases-the-mammoth/402660/

The cigar is being released in two sizes, a 7 x 70 priced at $13.95 and an 8 x 80 priced at $14.95, both of which are being offered in boxes of 25 cigarsIsabela-The-Mammoth-in-hand.jpg

• Haha 3

Of course they don't specify the types or ages of the filler tobacco. I cant imagine the crap they shove in these things to keep the price point at 15 bucks. They must pay a 3-4 dollars a cigar for it, that's cigarette tobacco prices. Yuk. 

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Haha yeah I just posted on a cigar blog earlier today about how I love Isabela, but I hate this release. Give me a special edition Lonsdale, Fundadores etc and I'll bite, but those enormous ring gauges are for the birds. 🦅 

Why a "special edition"? Why cant people just make good cigars anymore? All the faux "exclusivity" turns me off just as much if not more than huge ring gauges. Its all gimmicks, one way or another. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Corylax18 said:

Why a "special edition"? Why cant people just make good cigars anymore? All the faux "exclusivity" turns me off just as much if not more than huge ring gauges. Its all gimmicks, one way or another. 

Well yeah, I was just saying as a comparison to those mammoths (which I assume are considered a "special edition")

I will say that I've had their regular line and I really enjoyed them. Specifically their Corona and Belicoso i found to be quite tasty!

Back in the early eighties there was a local band called Woke Up Screaming, never got anywhere but great name nonetheless.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 3

As I said on a post some time ago, my shopkeep over in Tampa told me that 60+ RG cigars amount to about 35% of his sales. Don't ask me why...😳

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

As I said on a post some time ago, my shopkeep over in Tampa told me that 60+ RG cigars amount to about 35% of his sales. Don't ask me why...😳

It makes me infer what there're still many people like the president.

And if you truly believe this is a recent thing, please let me introduce you to the Big Butt Corona Gorda (4.75 x 54) from 1998

image.png.4a93938c9b0588540f70d8f5eb45a07d.png

and the Inmenso from 20 years ago. 80RG+ - not sure as my calipers don't open that wide!

image.png.06403fe09572fffcfeef309e43a38221.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

And for scale, the BB, Inmenso and VR DA (49 RG) next to each other.....

image.png.8f01be06768b22451e4106650bdff694.png

Sick I bought them and that I still have them. Novelty buys,

Really no wonder I haven't smoked them though!

Maybe it's time to see if big butts don't lie!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

So many people over compensating for their little winky. I just don't get the appeal of huge RG cigars.

I compensate by smoking as many petit coronas as I can find! It makes me feel manly...

8 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I compensate by smoking as many petit coronas as I can find! It makes me feel manly...

The half coronas are helpful as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Cohiba Shorts. Those will maybe make one feel adequate...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Some many people over compensating for their little winky. I just don't get the appeal of huge RG cigars.

Me too @Fuzz. The only 55 RG+ cigar I enjoyed so far is Monte 1935 Leyenda. I won't puff 55 RG+ cigars unless there're tasty 55 RG+ ones like Monte 1935 Leyenda.

5 hours ago, Edicion said:

from a practical point of view, imagine finding space in your humidor for the monster cigar box of 25 they come in

I'm sure these donkey dick boxes will take a lot of space as 50 cab due to these donkey dick cigars' massive size.

5 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

And for scale, the BB, Inmenso and VR DA (49 RG) next to each other.....

Sick I still bought them and still have them. Really no wonder though!

Maybe it's time to see if big butts don't lie!

Dat 80 RG donkey dick looks like a 12 gauge shotgun shell @Habana Mike! It reminds me of RomaCraft CroMagnon Femur too, which is one of the humongous NC donkey dick cigars.

5 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Petit Corona is one of my fav CC vitola and I think they are tastier than tastless dull donkey dick rockets.

5 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Cohiba Shorts. Those will maybe make one feel adequate...

My Korean FOH buddies also enjoy CoShorts as a 20 min quick smoke. I think CoShorts is tasty Cigarillo too, but I prefer longer quick smokes like HUHC. Maybe I should try ERDM Demi Tasse as well for 20-30 min long filler quick smoke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Petit Corona is one of my fav CC vitola and I think they are tastier than tastless dull donkey dick rockets.

My Korean FOH buddies also enjoy CoShorts as a 20 min quick smoke. I think CoShorts is tasty Cigarillo too, but I prefer longer quick smokes like HUHC. Maybe I should try ERDM Demi Tasse as well for 20-30 min long filler quick smoke.

Smoke more CoSho at once

Mouth Full of Smokes - TV Tropes

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

You are missing out, don’t close your mind too quickly.  The HDM Rio Secco and Trini Topes are some of the best cigars in production the last 2 years.  

Thanks @mprach024! I'm actually planning to get HDM Rio Seco and Trini Topes, since they get good reveiews on FOH (they're popular in Korea too). Will let you know when I review these two majestic sticks 😃.

• Like 1