6 Robusto Blind Tasting?

Blind Tasting  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’d be happy with 2 but aggravated if I missed the BRC out of that bunch. Which of course makes missing it a sure thing. 

4 (excluding the BRC) are in my regular rotation, and I think the differences between them are large enough for me to differentiate .... BUT ... when I go blind I'm sure it will be real different. voted 1-2

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bijan said:

I feel very good about Coro and Epi 2.

Then not terrible about BRC and PSD4.

My only worry is the Juan Lopez and mystery cigar mess with my choices.

I am with this, and others from regular production like JL, RASS, can really complicate things. Too many variables

4 hours ago, Edicion said:

I am with this, and others from regular production like JL, RASS, can really complicate things. Too many variables

and Open Masters are really tricky sometimes too!

some of the guys have been talking about this, as soon as you take the bands off something magically happens where you second guess yourself and even question the RG and size of a cigar and then when you get to the tasting part the real challenge is to not jump to a conclusion right away as it's hard to veer from that and you probably miss things as you are so sure its the cigar you think it is.

Seriously just try for fun and take off the bands and smoke a few and see if you can tell which is which.

• Like 2

The CORO is significantly different from the others on this list I have enjoyed.  I have no experience with the JL because I haven't had one.  To me the Bolivar, RyJ, SDNo4, and Hoyo are all enough different (terrible grammar I am sure).  I don't have a discerning palate and can't describe a flavor nor do I know what stone fruit is, but I notice the differences in flavors if that makes sense.  Maybe I am just an idiot, I don't really know, but those four, IMHO, are distinctly different.

• Like 1

Honestly if it was all 8 Robustos in regular production I'd still feel better about it than if I had to guess the 4 minutos in regular production blind.

I feel that the minutos are a tough bunch to do blind, I think I could tell the Party Shorts from the rest pretty well, but the other three are a mystery sometimes. I know what they're supposed to taste like but I get earthy flavours in all at times even in the El Principe which is supposed to be molasses.

I would love to do this! I know from regular wine tastings that it’s harder than you think. If you’re blind folded it’s sometimes even hard to guess correctly whether you’re drinking red or white wine (if they’re served at confusing temperatures).

I think I’d get 2 out of 6 right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 are in my regular rotation- PSD4, BRC, JL2. Smoke enough of the epi2 as well. Would like to think I could pick the PSD4 and the epi2 but not kidding myself be lucky to get one with bands off. 

12 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

I've participated in all sorts of different blinds tastings, here and in other venues. I put 2 or 3, because that's what the numbers support. Anyone who really thinks they can do better that 3 is delusional. You might get lucky and hit it once, but Cuban cigars are too irregular to replicate it regularly. 

I voted 2-3 as well. Been a while since I've done a mass blind tasting & look forward to seeing this come to fruition. One reason I love FoH and this community!

12 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Well, looks like at this point we have 3 cocksure folks that think they'll get all 6!

Blind tasting is a great reminder to be humble. In wine, whisky and cigars. 

A great wine critic once got asked "have you ever mistaken Bordeaux for Burgundy?"..."Hmm, not since lunchtime". 😂

• Like 1