Guantanamera Cristales


Recommended Posts

Anyone ever tried the Guantanamera Cristales?

Looking for a decent, but cheap machine made to round out an order and have something I don't mind having to butt out early if needed.

For the size these are extremely cheap, even by machine made standards.

 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From [mention=9174]CaptainQuintero[/mention] beginners flavor guide. This description sounds like a good deterrent.

“A machine rolled travesty. Bite your fingernails or pick your nose as a viable alternative.”
Good to know.
Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t had guantanamera but maybe something like Quintero brevas or JLP cazzies if you need a cheep & cheerful to round out an order?
I do have some JLP's and quinteros on hand already, was just looking at the very cheap options as the other machine mades I just finished were pretty good, just a little small for my liking

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

      *I have had the Guantanamera Cristales some years back.  The flavor is still very much Cuban tobacco, it was just the construction of it (bits and pieces of tobacco regularly coming off on my tongue) that was the problem. And yet - I would STILL rather have a box or batch of these rather than box of Fonseca KDT!  :covermouth:

 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

That's like being gifted a kick in the nuts.

That person might be trying to tell you something...just saying.

They were included free on an order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  If they're around the Troya machine made are enjoyable (To me), not the same as a handmade short filler but they're a step up from Guants: sweet and rich without the petrol/dirty engine oil of Guantanamera 

  Piedra Petit Cazadorez have been getting decent reviews too. But then you're up a quality band and there might be better offerings for not much more money

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a couple of boxes of them at an airport in 2003, not long after they first came out. When I took the cap off the first one, I got a smell of sick out of the tube. As a kid working in a bar in the 1980s, I was the one who got to clean up any sick in the women's toilets. Southern Comfort and red lemonade ("Southy and red") was a popular drink with young women at the time, and a popular drink to over-do it with. I still hate the smell of Southern Comfort. That was the smell I got out of the tube. I didn't enjoy the cigar.

I haven't opened the boxes since then and I have 19 of them left. I must dig them out and try one again. 

If I was buying more cheap and cheerful now, for friends who don't smoke cigars but want to have one, I'd be looking at La Flor de Cano Elegidos, these are very good, or Jose El Piedra Petit Caballeros, Quintero Favoritos or Jose L. Piedra Petit Cazadores.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:
  If they're around the Troya machine made are enjoyable (To me), not the same as a handmade short filler but they're a step up from Guants: sweet and rich without the petrol/dirty engine oil of Guantanamera 
  Piedra Petit Cazadorez have been getting decent reviews too. But then you're up a quality band and there might be better offerings for not much more money

I actually do smoke a fair number of the JLP Petit Cazadores and enjoy them, and they certainly are quite cheap.

Really just looking for a little change of pace if the Guantanamera aren't terrible, which I'm beginning to believe they are...

8 hours ago, Ryan said:
I bought a couple of boxes of them at an airport in 2003, not long after they first came out. When I took the cap off the first one, I got a smell of sick out of the tube. As a kid working in a bar in the 1980s, I was the one who got to clean up any sick in the women's toilets. Southern Comfort and red lemonade ("Southy and red") was a popular drink with young women at the time, and a popular drink to over-do it with. I still hate the smell of Southern Comfort. That was the smell I got out of the tube. I didn't enjoy the cigar.
I haven't opened the boxes since then and I have 19 of them left. I must dig them out and try one again. 
If I was buying more cheap and cheerful now, for friends who don't smoke cigars but want to have one, I'd be looking at La Flor de Cano Elegidos, these are very good, or Jose El Piedra Petit Caballeros, Quintero Favoritos or Jose L. Piedra Petit Cazadores.  

Unfortunately LFdC's are pretty much unobtainium in singles and would love to try some of the various vitolas, but I'm limited to private sales with them. Haven't had the Caballeros yet, but its on my list as I do stock and enjoy the JLP Petit Cazadores and Cazadores and really enjoy the Favoritos too. Have some lined up for my next order in fact

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Edicion said:
Bought a small sampler of Guantanameras just to try. I've got a couple of these beauties left in my humidor. And stay there, they will.
 

I take it you didn't care for them then?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

I take it you didn't care for them then?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

They're more just for fun to try once, pretty much it. You're not missing out if you don't try them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're more just for fun to try once, pretty much it. You're not missing out if you don't try them. 
Yeah, I haven't heard anything good about them across multiple forums and lots of responses.
I think I'll just stick with my Quinteros and JLP's

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d prefer to smoke a quality cigar once a week than a POS seven days a week. 
Go with quality. 👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why don't they re-blend them to something better?  They're doing no one any favors to have a Habanos product of such low quality.  Are Guantanamera's short filler?

I'd love to see Habanos launch a regular size crystal tube cigar.  I use to love the NC Partagas Humitube's. 

They were other crystal tube Habanos decades ago, no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d prefer to smoke a quality cigar once a week than a POS seven days a week. 
Go with quality.
I agree.
Based on all the opinions on these I have gotten I definitely won't be buying any.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Why don't they re-blend them to something better?  They're doing no one any favors to have a Habanos product of such low quality.  Are Guantanamera's short filler?

I'd love to see Habanos launch a regular size crystal tube cigar.  I use to love the NC Partagas Humitube's. 

They were other crystal tube Habanos decades ago, no?

Short filler, precut. They're for tourists that probably won't ever smoke them. About as good as fakes. I've had better fakes to be honest.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crystals my first box ( and only one ) was both in 2005. I Smoked few and then gifted all .

I think today good buy  are still the PL petit Corona and maybe ( Idid not try yet ) the Elegidos fromFdC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mr. Japan said:
Crystals my first box ( and only one ) was both in 2005. I Smoked few and then gifted all .
I think today good buy  are still the PL petit Corona and maybe ( Idid not try yet ) the Elegidos fromFdC

Definitely enjoy the PLPC's, and usually have some on hand.
Would love to try some Lfdc's other than the Paises Bajos ER I have resting, as I have never had one of the marca, but they just aren't available as singles anywhere I can find.
Had to get the ER's in a private sale and will likely have to do the same to try any other vitolas
 

On 5/21/2021 at 3:18 AM, Bijan said:
Short filler, precut. They're for tourists that probably won't ever smoke them. About as good as fakes. I've had better fakes to be honest.

Yeah, they are the first Cigar I have ever asked about on all the forums I belong to, that has gotten nothing but terrible reviews with no exception.
Will definitely be passing on them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.