Why Cigars are actually very good for you.

• JohnS changed the title to Why Cigars are actually very good for you.
  • 1 month later...

In a COVID world we all have a better appreciation for points raised in the video. Trying to maintain balance is everything and it's easier said than done in reality. The point is we realize it and try our best. One cigar at a time.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2021 at 4:20 PM, Squarehead said:

It's relaxing for me and by the way my doctor is also a cigar smoker

My doctor told me once I should quit and I told him that’s not going to happen so let’s never talk about it again....and we haven’t 😁

• Like 2

16 hours ago, nino said:

Same here 🙂  - was just with my doctor last Friday for talks and brought him a nice aged PLPC to smoke, he was happy and so am I.

Here is a post in German of my doctor smoking with us at the Mainz Hyatt back in 2008 and explaining health risks to our cigar club....

http://flyingcigar.de/smoking-cigars/200804-zigarren-mit-meinem-arzt/

Gefaelt mir sehr Nino

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2021 at 2:53 AM, njpinette said:

Better a cigar than an antidepressant with a load of bad side effects

Much agreed! Cuban cigars give pleasure with heavenly taste and joyfulness especially during herf sessions with BOTLs/SOTLs. Cigars also make me a true BAMF like Duke Nukem 😂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not sure I’d say they are very good for you but I do agree and personally experience a calming/relaxing effect that I’m sure has benefits. I look at it more like they aren’t as bad for your as what many people assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not a single person anywhere can say a cigar is good for you. It's not. No matter how you want to look at. It's relative though. 

Relaxation is a great and much needed thing in todays world theres no doubt about it. But cigars are not the only thing that you can sit down and relax with. Music, Books, even TV, almost anything that you can relax with that doesnt involve smoking would be a better option. 

• Like 2

I just got back from my annual physical that was covid delayed but my doctor was almost relentless about the negative effects of cigars for no specific reason as it related to my specific instance.  I politely reminded him of the famous George Burns quote where he said; 

"If I had taken my doctor's advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral." George Burns 

• Like 2