New Habanos Releases

Some still lingering from the 20 list: HU Connie 2, LGC Sublimes, JL Seleccion Especial, PL Galanes.

Some of these names are worrying me: Monte Wide Edmundo (probably a Montesco), Cohiba Titanes (Magnificos??)

HU Regalias in tins--reinventing a loser for Duty Frees. Nicely done, HSA marketing.

LFDC Elegidos--would love to finally see a long-filler LFDC. Britanicas Extra vitola would be great. The ER Magicos blend is terrific. Would be great to have it in the catalog. They could do a lot with the brand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FireDigger said:

Thank you for the list. This one caught my eyes! ?

Yes, in 10s... possibly an LCDH/HS release? If regular production even better. Quite a name--perhaps we'll get the image of Lord Lonsdale back! Would love this to be a Hermosos No. 2 or 1.

The RA No. 3 is also intriguing.

20 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

Aluminium pack, of Punch Triunfos? Droped head petite corona? like a vintage a metal pack? awesome marketing material. I'm looking forward to that one the most.

I doubt it will be a re-issue of the original Cabeza Tumbada Triunfos but the original Triunfos were Marevas size, and with the vintage name and in A/P 5s this screams new addition to the Linea Retro to me.

Interestingly, Punch had probably more Marevas than any other marca back in the day. Presidentes, Seleccion de Luxe No. 2, Coronations (MM), Royal Coronations, Petit Coronas, Triunfos, Royal Selection No. 11, Petit Coronas del Punch, Souvenir de Luxe, Petit Coronas Ones. 

Now, only the Coronations remain. 

Have there been any announcements for the EL program for 2020? Though of course we're still waiting for the RA EL19 to be released.. 
Launch event for the RA is next Wednesday from the UK

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cigarsdelcuba said:

REGULAR PRODUCTION- LCDH RELEASES 

COHIBA AMBAR - IN BOXES OF 10'S AND TUBOS 

CUABA BRITANICAS EXTRAS IN TUBOS 10'S 

H.UPMANN REGALIAS IN A/P OF 50'S

H.UPMANN CONNOSSIEUR NO.2 25'S

HDM SOUVENIR DE LUXE A/P 50'S

JUAN LOPEZ SELECCION ESPECIAL - LCDH RELEASE 25'S

LA FLOR DE CANO ELEGIDOS - SEVERAL FORMATS 

LA GLORIA CUBANA GLORIAS 20'S

MONTECRISTO WIDE EDMUNDO - 10'S/25'S/TUBOS OF 3'S

PARTAGAS EXPERTOS 20'S

POR LARRANAGA GALANES 10'S

PUNCH TRIUNFOS A/P 50'S

RAFAEL GONZALES CORONAS DE LONSDALES 10'S

RAMON ALLONES NO.3 10'S

I'm confused... which are these? Regular production or LCDH exclusives?

10 hours ago, potpest said:

Are the coronas Lonsdales 44 x 5". Same as the RG cigar discontinued in the 70's.

I think that would be a cool vitola to bring back--I do love the 44 RG but these are "Coronas de Lonsdales", not "Coronas Lonsdales" so who knows. Unfortunately, HSA revives things but does not seem to adhere to the historical specs, for example the original PL Picadores were 44 x 127 and not Hermosos No. 4. 

22 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Some of these names are worrying me: Monte Wide Edmundo (probably a Montesco), Cohiba Titanes (Magnificos??)

What makes you think they are not skinnies?

:lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/14/2020 at 5:58 AM, Doctorossi said:

I'm confused... which are these? Regular production or LCDH exclusives?

Both grouped together in the list unfortunately. Some we can rule out as LCDH/HS like HUC2, HU Regalias, anything in multiple packaging formats, A/Ps or tubes.

On 8/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, El Presidente said:

What makes you think they are not skinnies? :lol3:

The names are starting to let the cat out of the bag. Although I would like to see both Monte and Cohiba in Double Lanceros vitola!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Psiman said:

These marevas / petit coronas in tins are just overpriced because they come in a package that is tin. Too me these tins don’t justify the prices just like the tins with the half coronas didn’t when they were first released and now they are much more reasonable but still a better buy to buy the cigars without tins. Maybe a nice novelty to buy one five cigar tin and then move on. It’s gimmicky packaging more than anything. Neat but the novelty wears off quickly. It’s like Habanos will throw a cigar in anything to elevate its price. Just make some new small cigars from brands that don’t have them. There is no shortage of Partagas,H. Upmann and R&J and it’s taking away from what could be produced by brands that barely even exist anymore. It’s ridiculous what they keep doing and neglecting brands that could use help and some rebranding. 

Absolutely.. all marketing, for sure. They still look cool and i'll buy one tin of he whole range cos im a sucker ?

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 4:50 AM, nKostyan said:

Is that them?

Looks like it. Pretty much identical to the other two Linea Retros. Surprised they haven't officially included it in the line. I had a feeling it would be one just based on the packaging format.

And, as is the case with the other two, I'll pass at $9 each for a Marevas that I'm forced to buy 5 of. This one is worse since it's an existing model that I've never been impressed with anyway. I will say the tins are attractive however.

As this is an existing model, they might not actually consider this a Linea Retro release. Might just want to add the packaging format to the existing model info @ATGroom

7 hours ago, Cjake75 said:

Where can you find info like this?  I have fallen down a rabbit hole and can’t stop!!

Guy on FB posting from the LCDH in Hong Kong I believe.

13 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Pretty much identical to the other two Linea Retros. Surprised they haven't officially included it in the line.

I remember HSA saying that all tins linea retro will be in the same style. This release may be not a linea retro...

17 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

I remember HSA saying that all tins linea retro will be in the same style. This release may be not a linea retro...

It is in the same style but you may be correct, especially as it's an existing model. Both Linea Retros so far have resurrected old model names, hence the "Retro".

I'm a sucker for the cute little tins, but the Linea Retro pricing is a real turn-off for me. I could see myself buying these habitually at just a small packaging premium over the regular price of petit coronas, but as it is, I'm just going to get one of each tin.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:13 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

I doubt it will be a re-issue of the original Cabeza Tumbada Triunfos but the original Triunfos were Marevas size, and with the vintage name and in A/P 5s this screams new addition to the Linea Retro to me.

Interestingly, Punch had probably more Marevas than any other marca back in the day. Presidentes, Seleccion de Luxe No. 2, Coronations (MM), Royal Coronations, Petit Coronas, Triunfos, Royal Selection No. 11, Petit Coronas del Punch, Souvenir de Luxe, Petit Coronas Ones. 

Now, only the Coronations remain. 

The new Punch Triunfo is a petit corona size, 42rg X 129mm