New Habanos Releases

On 8/18/2020 at 8:54 AM, Psiman said:

These marevas / petit coronas in tins are just overpriced because they come in a package that is tin. Too me these tins don’t justify the prices just like the tins with the half coronas didn’t when they were first released and now they are much more reasonable but still a better buy to buy the cigars without tins. Maybe a nice novelty to buy one five cigar tin and then move on. It’s gimmicky packaging more than anything. Neat but the novelty wears off quickly. It’s like Habanos will throw a cigar in anything to elevate its price. Just make some new small cigars from brands that don’t have them. There is no shortage of Partagas,H. Upmann and R&J and it’s taking away from what could be produced by brands that barely even exist anymore. It’s ridiculous what they keep doing and neglecting brands that could use help and some rebranding. 

Spot on. While they are neat looking and wouldn't mind having one they are just another piece of junk lying around. Give me the cigars in a 50 cab and charge me less. The big goofy boxes to hold this tins in is even more comical. It all reminds me of the American market with the bands that cover half the cigar, and the cedar strip wrap and the stupid ribbon etc etc. 

10 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

Linea Retro pricing is a real turn-off for me.

If they kept it closer to $35-40 and not $45-50 it would be a viable option. I could also see spending $9-10 on a Marevas if they were truly outstanding smokes. No evidence of that yet. I think these are just a full-on push for the retail buying casual smoker--not for us. LCDH and Duty Frees. Tourists and travellers. Even the 50 box is very retail-display oriented.

• Like 1