Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

Huh, is it just me? Sorry, not intendig to be a party killer, but this is certainly one of the most "borderline" boxes of SW I have ever seen. The ARG 14 were usually very nice, but do I spot green, quite rough wrappers or is it just the picture?

I see the same thing. Might be worth a source review because I've never seen Sir Winston that look that rough. I hope it's just the picture.

• Like 1

H. Upmann Connoisseur A

LUB JUL 15

PSP

Just arrived today! Look and smell great! Sadly have to let them sit a couple months to allow them to rest after the long journey. It's not going to be easy!

attachicon.gifIMG_1769.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1771.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1776.jpg

Beautiful! I just blind ordered a box today. How are yours smoking at the moment? Are you happy with them?

Huh, is it just me? Sorry, not intendig to be a party killer, but this is certainly one of the most "borderline" boxes of SW I have ever seen. The ARG 14 were usually very nice, but do I spot green, quite rough wrappers or is it just the picture?

This was the first thing I noticed as well... I can't imagine it being the picture, because everything around the cigars seem to look vivid...

Also, it is normal for some cigars to be rolled in one direction, and others rolled in the opposite direction?

• Like 1

This was the first thing I noticed as well... I can't imagine it being the picture, because everything around the cigars seem to look vivid...

Also, it is normal for some cigars to be rolled in one direction, and others rolled in the opposite direction?

Maybe they're in a sick period...permanently

I've not seen this type of packaging for Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan cigars. I'm guessing these boxes contain 5 cardboard packs of 3 tubos each?

Cprrect, but priced at an alarming premium. Probably because the size requires more aluminum than any other tubo aside from pirex!
  • Like 1

Yes, needs to. Since there is two halves of a leaf, and with the veins (underside) always facing inwards, cigars resp. wrappers need to be rolled in either direction in order to keep vein orientation in the finished product in line/parallel with the cigar. But being so obvious as in this box, is quite rare, and indicates a quite heterogeneous wrapper colouration.

I've not seen this type of packaging for Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan cigars. I'm guessing these boxes contain 5 cardboard packs of 3 tubos each?

I've not seen those either but the two Hoyo 5x3 packs that I have, 2014 No. 2's and 2011 No. 1's are top notch PSP quality, though not from FOH.

I agree. The box came in sealed. That is angel kiss on the wrapper. I was contemplating emailing the vendor about the quality. When you buy Sir Winstons, you expect better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. The box came in sealed. That is angel kiss on the wrapper. I was contemplating emailing the vendor about the quality. When you buy Sir Winstons, you expect better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you do. I would be sending the email