We have our share of monster roaches here in Hawaii, we fondly refer to them as B-52’s. I’m only bothered by the fact they’re like caviar to our monster centipedes, which upon sighting, my wife hysterically refers to as “BRAAAAAADD!!!!!!”

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flying cockroaches when they go straight for your hair....stop laughing Rob  He has seen me  many a times running through the house screaming when one flies in and goes straight for me , never kn

I was having lunch with some mates on Sunday and the talk came around to phobias. Now my claustrophobia is well known and quite mundane. Thankfully there are always stairs that I can climb if the lift

On 9/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, Burningman said:

Clowns. I despise clowns.

Coulrophobia! Stuff the horn honking ballon twisting bastards into a tiny car and send them into the void!

53D21DB8-5AD5-47BB-B105-9E4E5230104F.jpeg.13d2e3071c2cf0b1affda00c7e2627d5.jpegA723F315-F207-43A4-878B-215C66CCDCD7.thumb.jpeg.660d8f3f57fc8f35c9be73d9eb23d5b8.jpeg

DE23E707-0AE5-43D2-B762-25675D1349B9.jpeg.e6d4f0271910c6f123d3a6551e8bd62d.jpeg

• Haha 1

Baked Beans.........a truelly repulsive "food". Personally I'd rather eat rats rear end.   Seriously what is that disgusting luminous orange gloup.     Oddly my childhood in the 1980s seemed to be rich with perverts on TV, getting into baths of baked beans for charity. There should off been some sort of "contains strobbing lights" like warning,. As I would nearly through up all over the TV set. 

I cant touch a sealed can, I hate the colour of the can, the smell would make me gag,.  Just utterly repulsive.   I actually now feel sick even talking about it.   I'm off for a long hot shower

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Iznogood said:

Flapping wings. My wife is terrified when birds start flapping their wings around her. She is cool if they are walking near her, but as soon as they start flapping it's a screem fest.

My mum is like this, as kids me and my brother had to walk ahead of her and shoo them away

4 hours ago, 99call said:

Baked Beans.........a truelly repulsive "food". Personally I'd rather eat rats rear end.   Seriously what is that disgusting luminous orange gloup.     Oddly my childhood in the 1980s seemed to be rich with perverts on TV, getting into baths of baked beans for charity. There should off been some sort of "contains strobbing lights" like warning,. As I would nearly through up all over the TV set. 

I cant touch a sealed can, I hate the colour of the can, the smell would make me gag,.  Just utterly repulsive.   I actually now feel sick even talking about it.   I'm off for a long hot shower

image.jpeg.04a582fead15654b65d463f76d162b3f.jpeg

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Di,

I grew up in Florida and the house was full of them....   Ever wake up at night and realize afterwards that something crawled across your leg and THAT’s why you were awake...?   

It’s a well known fact that if you walk into a room and see a cockroach you can’t take your eyes off it or it’s gone....   So, I’m about 14 or 15 years old.   I walk into my bedroom and spy a monster on the opposite wall.   Like, you coulda put a saddle on him and ridden to the local packie for a fifth of Old Grandad.   Knowing better than to look away I hollered at my dad, “hey Pop. Get me the Raid.   Got one!”.   I’m striking my best second leg relay runners pose, eyes on the prize, and dad stealthily slips the Raid can in my outstretched hand so as to not disturb our “guest”.  I crept up, calculated my distance (so I didn’t fire from too far away and miss my quarry) and deliver the death spray simultaneously executing a 180° spin and dash perfected by years of practice.  As I burst into the livingroom at a dead run with the whole family watching, Pop asks “get him?”.   Silly question.  Of course I got him.  I’m an athelete.  

I swear, as the sound of my voice died out that f_cker crawled up and over my right shoulder....

I didn’t sleep that night....

439AB037-9F6E-4B66-80A1-7EF9CD5A0CBA.jpeg.782f540b84ced17a0861c30721bc5997.jpeg

*Soooo - your roaches were Joe's Apartment residents...?

14 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Di,

I grew up in Florida and the house was full of them....   Ever wake up at night and realize afterwards that something crawled across your leg and THAT’s why you were awake...?   

It’s a well known fact that if you walk into a room and see a cockroach you can’t take your eyes off it or it’s gone....   So, I’m about 14 or 15 years old.   I walk into my bedroom and spy a monster on the opposite wall.   Like, you coulda put a saddle on him and ridden to the local packie for a fifth of Old Grandad.   Knowing better than to look away I hollered at my dad, “hey Pop. Get me the Raid.   Got one!”.   I’m striking my best second leg relay runners pose, eyes on the prize, and dad stealthily slips the Raid can in my outstretched hand so as to not disturb our “guest”.  I crept up, calculated my distance (so I didn’t fire from too far away and miss my quarry) and deliver the death spray simultaneously executing a 180° spin and dash perfected by years of practice.  As I burst into the livingroom at a dead run with the whole family watching, Pop asks “get him?”.   Silly question.  Of course I got him.  I’m an athelete.  

I swear, as the sound of my voice died out that f_cker crawled up and over my right shoulder....

439AB037-9F6E-4B66-80A1-7EF9CD5A0CBA.jpeg.782f540b84ced17a0861c30721bc5997.jpeg

*Soooo - your roaches were Joe's Apartment residents...?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I've suspected it on many occasion.....but now I know you are a truly evil man. 

(Note In quoting you, I had to delete the orange square.......thats how f'd up that colour is).  This thread is officially evil.....is should of been named "whats your achillies heal"...and I just rocked up like an idiot and stated it.    Goddamnit!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Flying cockroaches when they go straight for your hair....stop laughing Rob :mad:

He has seen me  many a times running through the house screaming when one flies in and goes straight for me , never knew I could run that fast :no:

Went to school in South Carolina where Palmetto Bugs (flying cockroaches) are everywhere. My first encounter was in my dorm room so I grabbed my hockey stick that was next to me to try and kill it, only to have it unexpectedly take flight straight for my face. I lost that battle.

• Haha 1

Not sure I am allowed to publicly state my phobia these days...however it's nowhere near as great as my wife's, who's absolutly terrified by wet hair! She once was trapped in a shower for 5 minutes of screaming for me to remove a couple strands of loose hair from the floor and provide her sandals to walk in. I asked her why she just didn't step over the offense? She responded that the hair had "contaminated" the entire  floor!????

Shes the only one in the house with hair that long. She also screams if someone tears cotton balls by her ear....not that I would ever. ?

Just to calm things down a little; a good mate, who's the biggest, roughest, ugliest rugger bugger you could ever meet has two phobias.  

1. Peas

2. Buttons, but only when they are hanging by a thread

Snakes for me so much that even on the 3 floor or higher in a hotel room in Arizona I do a room check before bed. I once even called my 82 year old dad over to get rid of a little garter snake that got in my house. Also, really tight places like a MRI tube. I always cringe in war movies seeing guys crawl or dig like in The Great Escape. 

17 hours ago, 99call said:

(Note In quoting you, I had to delete the orange square.......thats how f'd up that colour is).  This thread is officially evil.....is should of been named "whats your achillies heal"...and I just rocked up like an idiot and stated it.    Goddamnit!

I have to fess up. I spent about 45 minutes on the PPG website looking at different shades of orange, to get it as close as possible to the baked bean colour. :D

On 9/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, BuzzArd said:

Di,

• Haha 2

Trypophobia. Makes me wanna grind my teeth. 
5557D17B-C445-4B1D-BF88-BD557FDBB399.thumb.jpeg.1a23aabfce1ca18daae849f6ae7c9cba.jpeg
So let me guess, your furniture is spaced out symmetrically. Couches against the wall, overhead lighting centered on room, area rug centered. And you run at the sight of swiss cheese...

20 hours ago, 99call said:

* Well, just a note of advice then, if you can't stand that color of orange: DON'T* EVER* READ* STEPHEN KING'S* short story of "Room 1408. Like 99.9% of his stories, the book is always more thrilling and on-target than the films. While the film with John Cusack was reasonably well-made...the story in King's book will F&%K YOU UP. And that room of 1408 was that color orange. The main character had trouble looking at that color orange from then on too, just like you.

10 hours ago, PigFish said:

... my wife holding a piece of paper that has my name and says "do not necessitate..."

-the Pig

*Uhm, did you mean "Resuscitate"?