Whats up for the weekend?

Regarding those shrimp, I guess the jury is still out on who will be eating whom :P

Nothing big on the docket for me this weekend a few friends over for kebabs and libations tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

not much here...definitely will have some metal blasting in the backyard tonight with some cold beer and cigars...too hot for anything heavier really but maybe a hibiki on the rocks...grilling tomorrow night...down time before another crazy work week 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I am off to watch my youngest Tom coach his 16A side to the basketball playoff championship. it is his first year of basketball coaching and he is loving it. It will be nice to sit in the stands and watch his underdog team have a crack :D

Di's dad is hanging on but no one is under any illusions. There will be a couple of hospital trips. 

Seafood Skewers for dinner. I want to pick up some fresh jumbo prawns...you know ...the ones that look like you could ride.  I will roast a duck tomorrow.....or maybe tea poach/smoke one. 

Wallabies this afternoon as they take on the All Blacks.  Punch 48 (loving them) and a couple glasses of MaCallan 18

All in all.....relaxing :ok:

Image result for Fresh northern territory giant prawns

Umm, your lobster is missing it’s claws.

• Like 1

Tonight Steak au Poivre prime filets, Napa Cab and a nice cigar. Tomorrow, breakfast cigar. Racing in the Rain with the local AROC chapter followed by Italian dinner and then a cigar. Sunday, send off party for neighbors moving to Florida, preceded and followed by a decent cigar. Yard work and various other sundry things in between.....

• Like 3

not much here...definitely will have some metal blasting in the backyard tonight with some cold beer and cigars...too hot for anything heavier really but maybe a hibiki on the rocks...grilling tomorrow night...down time before another crazy work week 

Ooo, that reminds me I got a bottle of Hibiki for my bday a while back that I need to crack into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I play in a high-end-wedding band and we’ve got a gig on Orcas Island (Washington) at the Rosario resort tomorrow. One of the few times the client actually puts us up at the hotel we gig at, so this will be a treat for me and my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out to dinner at a Mexican joint Friday for my son in laws birthday, Dig into some Margaritas.

Saturday- Outdoor art show in our town. We have a couple friends with booths so we will go and support them. Eat some carnie food.

Then off to our home town (only 7 mi away) for what is called the Gear head get together. Everyone bring their old hot rods, motorcycles,

lawnmowers, anything old and cool. There’s a car show, beer garden, bands. We will run into old friends and drink a few beers.

Sunday. Chill out on my lakeside patio, have a smoke and Dana will smoke a roast. 

• Like 2

46F7BDD4-13BD-4C58-9A60-4B6EDF785E5D.thumb.jpeg.875c130ef5f6c3db55a0d96dbdaf5551.jpeg

About to head out to Revolution taproom for their collaboration with Hop Butcher, my new favorite brewery... 2 releases today 

315C652C-B17D-4D92-A0D8-6E82B1B1529D.thumb.png.f3a767c747ef1e8d7ec5d899adba9967.png

Then off to my buddies block party, hence the variety pack I am bringing. Def will be a loooong day of fun.

tomorrow most likely will be a day of recovery 

1C598231-5A98-46D7-A22B-74798EBF4D66.thumb.jpeg.dcbcbc6ac05a3f5f2c9a8632cb778ea5.jpeg

All the while waiting on baby Andrew to come to this earth ... I am on call my wife’s due date was the 15th ... so my life and plans may change at any moment !

Cheers and god bless !

• Like 3

Taking the kids to a birthday party today. Getting up early to smoke a pork butt for pulled pork tomorrow morning. I’m hoping to enjoy a cigar and coffee on the back porch while everyone is still sleeping tomorrow, but that may be asking too much. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Grilling Duck Breast to 120F and rendering the fat a bit. A fine Bordeaux for our guest. A good night. Maybe a CC later I hopes. Cheers

Finishing with a Horse Soldier Whiskey and a bloody cracker of a Party Short. This marca really delivers the flavor package for me. Thanks FOH for that.

C7BB30D3-7D70-4976-80FF-C0A11252AC63.jpeg

EBD583D8-7F02-4AB9-A398-C5404878CEFD.jpeg

D5C46965-243E-4D7E-BB25-369C99A3727F.jpeg

1F82D179-191D-40C7-AD04-6113DCCA8066.jpeg

How was the Cos d’Estournel? I have that same year and have been thinking about them recently.

34 minutes ago, avaldes said:

How was the Cos d’Estournel? I have that same year and have been thinking about them recently.

It was a bit tight with acidity in the foreground. I expected the 2003 to be a bit fruit forward as an outlier with that hot vintage. The nose was classic Bordeaux. I am going to get another full glass off that bottle tonight so I can see how it is evolving. I would decant this at least an hour prior to tasting although the nose is very inviting. They have been in my chiller at 57F for 14 yrs so the aging has been slow. I am going to wait another year or two until I open another.

Dealing with 1st world problems.

Installing a new control for my air handler. My wife seems to have destroyed our HVAC system while I was out of town last week! 

Back to work on my CNC so that one day I can make humidor parts again! I have a new controls box I want to build. Otherwise do my chores. Get my horses hay, listen to my wife complain about her terrible life...! Yada, yada... yada!

-Piggy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 7:31 PM, CampDelta369 said:

Grilling Duck Breast to 120F and rendering the fat a bit. A fine Bordeaux for our guest. A good night. Maybe a CC later I hopes. Cheers

Finishing with a Horse Soldier Whiskey and a bloody cracker of a Party Short. This marca really delivers the flavor package for me. Thanks FOH for that.

C7BB30D3-7D70-4976-80FF-C0A11252AC63.jpeg

EBD583D8-7F02-4AB9-A398-C5404878CEFD.jpeg

D5C46965-243E-4D7E-BB25-369C99A3727F.jpeg

1F82D179-191D-40C7-AD04-6113DCCA8066.jpeg

Estournel ???

• Like 1