the next bond????

11 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

The final nail in the coffin. I'll go re-watch my pre-Craig Bond DVDs. I could accept (grudgingly) the Craig era Bond films, but for me Bond ended after Brosnan, as far as I'm concerned. This is just making a mockery of the franchise.

fuzz, craig is a better bond than brosnan in his sleep! 

and i still don't buy this new crap. 

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sh*t- I’ll say it.  I won’t watch it. I’m tired of the social justice  agenda being imposed on everyone and the corporate-government-globalist attempts to make things a perfectly equal rainbow fa

Please God No!!!! Can you imagine what Ian Fleming (the creator of Bond) would think of all this? I mean he wrote Bond as a martini-swizzling, three pack a day cigarette smoker.

Dumb if true.  A potential franchise killer.  Creating a side series with a female Bond "type" character would be the smarter play. An agent "069" if you will. ? Should it prove successful, cross

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

We shall always disagree on Craig, and that's all good and fine. But we certainly agree on this new film.

*I do agree that (if this is not just an internet "joke") to make it more palatable, reasonable, etc. is to have an ORIGINAL super spy somebody, and a Black female would be quite a new field for such - and those who do or don't decide to give it a shot can. When I first saw this story here I immediately thought of Idris Elba's supposed selection to play 007. With there being those for and against - this story here might make it more "do-able" for some who protested...(maybe). Or not. As I've said so many times before I am not a Bond fan. If this story is indeed true it would be a "novelty" all right. Curiosity and detestation by some (as we've seen here) might even out. We can only see what would happen with this. Maybe public outcry might kill it in its crib. OOOORRRR - some folks might want to see "what happens" box office-wise, and different image and ID-wise. After all - think - WHO would have EVER believed that something as incredulously stupid sounding as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" would go ANYWHERE??? The creator of that series had door, after door, after door, after door slammed in his face. But as we see, his persistence was rewarded.

5 hours ago, 99call said:

This is pure dog eggs if true.  

A remake of Mary Poppins with a male lead..........not necessary 

A remake of Mary Poppins..............still not necessary

Mary Poppins and Yondu Udonta.jpg

• Like 1

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I say give her a shot...I dont think she'll be worse than Lazenby or Dalton! 

Don’t be lumping Dalton in with Lazenby! He was a kick ass Bond IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, cigcars said:

*I do agree that (if this is not just an internet "joke") to make it more palatable, reasonable, etc. is to have an ORIGINAL super spy somebody, and a Black female would be quite a new field for such - and those who do or don't decide to give it a shot can. When I first saw this story here I immediately thought of Idris Elba's supposed selection to play 007. With there being those for and against - this story here might make it more "do-able" for some who protested...(maybe). Or not. As I've said so many times before I am not a Bond fan. If this story is indeed true it would be a "novelty" all right. Curiosity and detestation by some (as we've seen here) might even out. We can only see what would happen with this. Maybe public outcry might kill it in its crib. OOOORRRR - some folks might want to see "what happens" box office-wise, and different image and ID-wise. After all - think - WHO would have EVER believed that something as incredulously stupid sounding as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" would go ANYWHERE??? The creator of that series had door, after door, after door, after door slammed in his face. But as we see, his persistence was rewarded.

the difference is pretty much that TNMT was all new. this is a major rethink of books/films from 60 years or more. much more radical in that sense. 

for me, the problem with idris elba (who i do really like - the man is a fanatical gunners fan) is not his race. it is his age. these days, i have no issue at all with bond being whatever race as long as he is british. elba is five years younger than craig (although there are suggestions that he is even older than claimed). given that these days, it takes four-five years almost to get a 007 film out, he'd be very close to the age when craig bailed. he is simply too old for the role. 

there is another possible explanation for the rumours of a black woman as the new 007. in the books, the number was rolled over for the next agent after the current one was killed, though i don't think that was the case with the name (but easy to make it so). so she could get the number at the end of this film and if the backlash was such that they had to backtrack, very easy to have her "killed" off-screen and the then they can bring in a new, more "appropriate" (if one accepts that bond is british and male) actor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bords said:

Don’t be lumping Dalton in with Lazenby! He was a kick ass Bond IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i agree re dalton, but i think lazenby has been treated harshly. the bloke was not an actor and came in mid-connery. no man on earth had a chance to overcome that. the producers must have seen something in him as they offered him a massive seven film deal (and he knocked it back?????). 

and i think both lazenby and dalton exceeded brosnan and moore. 

• Like 2

If true and I hope not, the world has completely gone nuts!

I'm over the whole Politically correct crap just to please a minority.

007 is James Bond.

They should cast this woman and anyone else of any ethnicity as a different 00 agent. Simple.

If James Bond is cast as a woman, I'm done watching. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

Brosnan was mediocre at best as Bond. Corny as hell.

Craig brought in the era of a more realistic "hands on" combative spy which was much needed IMHO, when one looks at the movies released around the same time they recast Bond that was competing with movies such as the Bourne series.

Brosnan relied on his PPK far too often (Of course, it was written this way), Craig made it more believable to use hand to hand combat as he had the stature.

I think the whole "Gentleman spy" is an outdated idea.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i agree re dalton, but i think lazenby has been treated harshly. the bloke was not an actor and came in mid-connery. no man on earth had a chance to overcome that. the producers must have seen something in him as they offered him a massive seven film deal (and he knocked it back?????). 

and i think both lazenby and dalton exceeded brosnan and moore. 

Dalton was brilliant!

just saw a report in the Guardian (which probably says more about the Guardian than anything else) which suggests that social media is wildly enthusiastic about the idea and it has received widespread support. clearly, the guardian does not read FoH. 

• Haha 4

Star Wars, Ghostbusters, MIB, and now it looks like James Bond is going to be the next franchise left on the rubbish heap by the SJW morons. I wish these rebels without a real cause would understand what "fiction" means, leave it alone, and go and find a new ill advised cause to abominate.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 6:52 AM, MooseAMuffin said:

Definitely dont like the idea of someone other than James Bond being 007. I think this was done for the wrong reasons.

completely agree, done for the wrong reasons- as is the trend of SJW motivated decision making. Sad!

5 hours ago, GrouchoMarx said:

The movie will bomb. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Would you cast Tom Cruise as "wonder woman" ????

All you have to do is Google "Tom Cruise as a woman", and you get this ... :rotfl:

Tom-Cruise-as-a-Woman--54473.thumb.jpg.f29a08d48277a470cffe4a9fcf9e88c7.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I for one, and I am likely the minority in this group, like seeing hot, ass kicking, female bad assess. But alas, I never thought it would be as a "007". I like female heroines and the femme fatale genre, but there is some well established Bond parlance that simply does not work in an feminine role. For example....

1. “The name’s Bond. James Bond.”
  2. Bond: “I was wrong about you.” / Christmas Jones: “Yeah, how so?” / Bond: “I thought Christmas only comes once a year.”

3. “Well, I’m afraid you’ve caught me with more than my hands up.”

4. “My name is Pussy Galore.” / Bond: “I must be dreaming. You’re a woman of many parts, Pussy.”

5. “Miss Anders, I didn’t recognise you with your clothes on.”

I'm sure Ms. Lynch can play a suitably physical or athletic role, and I don't have any objection to a female playing in a "00" designation other than "007". I mean, #1 in this list has been in every Bond movie from day one I believe.

So, what will it be now... The name's Bond, Jamie Bond?!?! And you wouldn't dare ask "Any relation to Mr. Bond?"

Disgusting And Predictable 

That’s all I can say without getting permanently banned from FoH.

How about Tom Brady as James Bond’s love interest as a last hurrah?! Why not?   

31FC2769-6E2B-4E7C-BD42-612FE952A664.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

I for one like seeing ass kicking, female bad assess.

There have been some great ones. First that come to mind to me are Uma Thurman in Kill Bill (and really, all her cast mates), and Sandahl Bergman in Conan the Barbarian.

And of course, Xena, warrior princess.... :wink2:

I think the guys googling dudes as chicks doth protest too much!  :lol3:

20 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

There have been some great ones. First that come to mind to me are Uma Thurman in Kill Bill (and really, all her cast mates), and Sandahl Bergman in Conan the Barbarian.

Yeah, Variety has a list of badass femmes that are memorable... albeit a bit short-sighted I think.

Marvel has had a few really kickass femmes, with ScarJo probably earning the most, but their most powerful of all... Captain Marvel. 

35 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

i have absolutely no problem with female heroes, warriors, badasses, whatever. no one is a bigger buffy fan than myself (okay, there may be some). 

but we are talking wonder WOMAN, warrior PRINCESS. black WIDOW. female roles. 

some things are sacrosanct. you don't put sauv blanc in grange. it is not bruce and the bay city rollers. you do not reinvent bond (fleming would have been mortified). dimwitted people bereft of creativity or ideas do not have to stuff up what is good. psycho, ghostbusters, arthur... will they never learn? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

it is not bruce and the bay city rollers.

S-A-TUR-DAY - Night!

KG, I surely understand the main gist of the discussion - in a small way, I'm somewhat envious of member passion. But, I consciously refrain - mainly because I simply do not have the same passion for the topic at hand. And I surely don't have the energy or karma to spare.

Zoe Bell - Angel of Death!

4 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

S-A-TUR-DAY - Night!

KG, I surely understand the main gist of the discussion - in a small way, I'm somewhat envious of member passion. But, I consciously refrain - mainly because I simply do not have the same passion for the topic at hand. And I surely don't have the energy or karma to spare.

Zoe Bell - Angel of Death!

understood. 

that said, i think that the passion shown for this topic shows that this won't go as easily as they might have hoped. 

• Like 1