Real Behike?

Hey Guys, any reason to suspect this is not a real 2012 Behike? Ash is quite black, but clear striations. Cigar is mild and not much flavor, even with a retrohale. All packaging and band is perfect.92eb633c7293cf3872896739065165a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That burn and ash doesn’t look like any Behike I’ve ever smoked... but i stopped smoking them about 3 years ago after some disappointing ones and when prices got ridiculous.

Honestly it's tough to tell just from that.  If there is any question at all about Behike authenticity, I would be concerned.  

Yes, when in doubt, they are fake.
  • Thanks 1

My Bolivars stored the same as the Behikes are stellar. Well I certainly have doubts on the Behikes based on the smoking experience, and I’ve smoked 5 of these over the last 7 years.

There goes the reputation of ________ in my book. Anyone else have experience with them? I think I’ll stick with FOH where I’ve had great success in getting good smokes.

1 hour ago, Reverb said:

There goes the reputation of _______ in my book. Anyone else have experience with them? I think I’ll stick with FOH where I’ve had great success in getting good smokes.

Before you go any further, please have a quick look at the forum rules.  Don't worry! I and nearly everyone on here as run a ground of them many times, but re-reading them periodically always helps

Rule 5 No Discussion of Sources and Prices

There are thousands of online suppliers of cigars around the world. Some good, some average
some thieves. This board does not discuss any. This country has some of the most stringent
defamantion laws in the world and I am liable for any law suits that come from threads
such as "**** sent me fakes" You are intelligent people. Use the PM feature/e-mail me if you have
any questions. Where I come across flagrant sellers of fakes I may post it. However it will be a post
coming from myself based on 100% certainty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nKostyan said:

Ashes can be different. Often depends on humidity. The taste can degrade due to improper storage conditions

Ashes can also be different due to how fast people smoke. 

Ashes can also be different due to how fast people smoke. 

Good point! When I smoke lanceros I often smoke them too fast and the ash splits like rabbit ears. It’s happened to me many many times.

Maybe you just got a dud...it happens at every price point. Do the box and serial number check out? Band looks ok from what I can see

Trying to decide on authenticity or quality based on the ash is a bit far fetched in my book.  Have you seen or participated in the blind taste test competition here?  Even knowing the size and the source, it’s a huge feat to pick the right cigar from a field of less than 5.  

Just because they are a high dollar item doesn’t make them the right cigar for your tastes on any given day.  

I enjoy Behikes but not as much as my other go to smokes.  Regardless of price point, they aren’t my favorite flavor profile.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NYMets01 said:

I agree with the others...if you have any doubt, they are for certain fake.

Did you run the bar code?

Or they could just be hand made cigars, with huge variability, regardless of price paid or perceived 'cachet'. 

• Like 3

On 7/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, Lotusguy said:

Yes, when in doubt, they are fake.

I need to qualify my statement - when in doubt of the source, they are fake. The source mentioned is on my white list. Fact is, however, that there are a TON of fake BHK floating around in the secondary market from a couple of years back.