Hunters and Frankau House Reserva Regional Humidor

Hunters have done a fantastic Job here. Congratulations Jemma & team :clap:

£58800. 30 made. They will fly .

AJ has taken a short vid on his instagram 

humidor_open_-550x377.jpg

The first Series 1790 collection is an elegant humidor, containing very rare and special cigars taken from H&F’s reserve of Habanos UK Regional Editions dating from the first in 2005 up to and including the 2017 release.

In total there have been seventeen different UK Regional Editions from eight different brands. Collection Number One contains ten cigars of each, and so houses one hundred and seventy cigars in total. The cigars are housed within a bespoke humidor commissioned from Italian humidor makers, DeART S.r.l. Massimo de Munari, whose family owns the company, has built an exceptional worldwide reputation for the quality of his work. He said “The challenge was to create a humidor to contain all of these rare cigars, in all of their different shapes and sizes, without compromising the need to store them in perfect conditions.”

Only thirty pieces have been made with each one being individually numbered, and signed by Jemma Freeman, Managing Director of Hunters & Frankau. Each humidor also contains a humidification system to ensure that the cigars are kept in the ideal conditions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quite nice but pricy - wow!

7 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Quite nice but pricy - wow!

I don't swim in that tank either. :D

......but London has more than its share of whales residing there or swimming through. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not good at math, but isn't that $432USD per cigar? I have an elie bleu I bought in 1995 for $1700. It is a work of art. I hope this humidor is made by a master woodworker. But then again I used to chase Bordeaux classified growths and now I chase the up and comers. Smoke em if you got em. 

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

I hope this humidor is made by a master woodworker. 

The cigars are housed within a bespoke humidor commissioned from Italian humidor makers, DeART S.r.l. Massimo de Munari, whose family owns the company, has built an exceptional worldwide reputation for the quality of his work. 

1 hour ago, Lotusguy said:

You can score a couple of boxes of each of the RE releases, a nice Ellie Bleu humidor, and still buy a car from the leftovers :rotfl:

Super Mario Brothers Painting could have done the Sistine chapel in year and at a fraction of the cost. Michelangelo's effort  was way overblown, overtime and over budget :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Super Mario Brothers Painting could have done the Sistine chapel in year and at a fraction of the cost. Michelangelo's effort  was way overblown, overtime and over budget 

I would have fired the guy :D

If I had the dough, I’d rather bid on one of the special humidors at the habanos festival - at least the proceeds go to a good cause.

Not aimed at people like me. Looks pretty. LE's and RE's... mehhh!

Would rather have a CigarClimatology humidor. A few thousand cigars from our host and a new CNC machine, 20 odd lap-dances, a new left hip, and a month off.

-The Pig

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Lotusguy said:

I would have fired the guy :D

If I had the dough, I’d rather bid on one of the special humidors at the habanos festival - at least the proceeds go to a good cause.

Then  you would have ended up with a dodgy humidor made from poorly seasoned  timber and the proceeds gone to the military controlled central funding bucket.

It is all smoke and mirrors, but it does look good ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Not aimed at people like me. Looks pretty. LE's and RE's... mehhh!

Would rather have a CigarClimatology humidor. A few thousand cigars from our host and a new CNC machine, 20 odd lap-dances, a new left hip, and a month off.

-The Pig

Does the new hip come before the 20 lap dancers?

• Like 2

Then  you would have ended up with a dodgy humidor made from poorly seasoned  timber and the proceeds gone to the military controlled central funding bucket.
It is all smoke and mirrors, but it does look good 

...and it would be a one of a kind poorly seasoned timber product, not one of 30 ;)

3 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

...and it would be a one of a kind poorly seasoned timber product, not one of 30 ;)

You might get lucky mate but far too many of those are sitting unsaleable in distributor back rooms. It is best for distributors and retailers to buy.....and write off or flick ;)

What did sell well were the 50  Cohiba Aniversario Humidors. Last count 200,000 + euro?

It is a rareified atmosphere that I certainly don't play in but can appreciate. 

• Like 2

You might get lucky mate but far too many of those are sitting unsaleable in distributor back rooms. It is best for distributors and retailers to buy.....and write off or flick 
What did sell well were the 50  Cohiba Aniversario Humidors. Last count 200,000 + euro?
It is a rareified atmosphere that I certainly don't play in but can appreciate. 

Would definitely buy that H&F thing before I’d buy a Cohiba anniversary humidor - but it’s all hypothetical anyway and I’m spending my imaginary money on something I’d enjoy smoking :)