• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do they vibrate or what? CB

Behike’s - is high strenght cigars. I think 58x178 it's overkill But this cigar could be a commercial success. Men often compensate for their shortcomings with sports cars and thick cigars

My (our?) disappointment is irrelevant at this stage.  All we can do is vote with our wallets by not purchasing, in numbers to make them notice .....which won't happen, because their "luxury placement

As somebody else said, “bumper crop?”.

If they got really good product from the field, that last thing you wanna do is cut it in half, because they don’t have a product that uses it. Answer - make a new product, if only to take advantage of this harvest. 

• Like 1

Potentially a stupid question - and not to derail the thread (pls delete if i am) but how often, if ever, do Behikes show up on 2424? I’ve only been following the forum for a month or so. Saw a few boxes on the auction as well, but I don’t think a $1k+ box of stogies is in my budget this year! Curious if they ever pop up on a quarter-box-basis or something similar 

This is a perfect solution for the wrapper shortage! As they brainstorm "Ok guys, we can't keep up with demand for 52s, 54s and 56s, so let's make a 58!" Brilliant. On a side note, I am so freaking tired of the larger ring gauge movement. There are so many new cigars,  including limited that I won't buy because of ring gauge. Quit thinking fat and start going skinny!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cigarmador said:

Potentially a stupid question - and not to derail the thread (pls delete if i am) but how often, if ever, do Behikes show up on 2424? I’ve only been following the forum for a month or so. Saw a few boxes on the auction as well, but I don’t think a $1k+ box of stogies is in my budget this year! Curious if they ever pop up on a quarter-box-basis or something similar 

Behike production has been almost non existent  for the past two years. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cigarmador said:

That answers that. Aged stock it is. I’ll start saving my pennies. 

They have been back in production this year (at least sporadically). 

We haven't seen them on the distributor lists  as yet however.  Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I think it’ll fail.

Aside from the enormous size which makes it uncomfortable to smoke (and take 3 hours for)

The 54 was a great hit in Asian countries as 54 somehow sounds a lot like ‘won’t ever die’ in Chinese. And the Chinese loved that. 54 being the choice smoke. 56 if u want to most expensive smoke. 52 if u ain’t got the time or the $$$

Now the number 8 is a very popular number in Chinese culture HOWEVER. Pairing it with a 5 at the front becomes negative as 5 sounds a lot like ‘never’ or ‘will never’ or ‘nothing’. So... 58 basically sounds like ‘will never get wealthy’. LOL

China is superstitious and I believe this will affect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wilzc said:

I think it’ll fail.

Aside from the enormous size which makes it uncomfortable to smoke (and take 3 hours for)

The 54 was a great hit in Asian countries as 54 somehow sounds a lot like ‘won’t ever die’ in Chinese. And the Chinese loved that. 54 being the choice smoke. 56 if u want to most expensive smoke. 52 if u ain’t got the time or the $$$

Now the number 8 is a very popular number in Chinese culture HOWEVER. Pairing it with a 5 at the front becomes negative as 5 sounds a lot like ‘never’ or ‘will never’ or ‘nothing’. So... 58 basically sounds like ‘will never get wealthy’. LOL

China is superstitious and I believe this will affect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it. My grandmother made us pack our bags up and move floors in a hotel once because we were on the 4th floor.

“88” is a really funny one because “88ers” is a term for white supremacists in the States now.

21 hours ago, tsuh said:

Wow.

I can't wait to see them pop up all over Instagram from people flexing both their jaws and their "wealth"..

The same one will show up in all of their shots for years. It will never be smoked and slowly turn to shit from being fondled on a daily basis to get likes on Insta. But boy will those like come rolling in. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 3:49 PM, nKostyan said:

Behike’s - is high strenght cigars. I think 58x178 it's overkill

But this cigar could be a commercial success. Men often compensate for their shortcomings with sports cars and thick cigars emoji1787.png

I’ve just never felt strength with the bhk lines and I’m a light weight....

The ladies are going to love this one!

• Like 1

I’ve just never felt strength with the bhk lines and I’m a light weight....

From Habanos.com: “sabor fuerte”. It mean “strong taste”.
For cigars the notion of strenght and concentration of more taste (body) close on sense. In addition, the BHKs filling is made with the addition of Medio tempo leaves, which, unlike the traditional mixture of Seco, Volado and Ligero, have an exceptionally high strenght - Fontalesa #4 (ligero - Fontalesa #3 leaves).
It should be remembered that in the process of aging strenght (nicotine) is reduced, so it is important to understand the cigar what year you smoked.

Cohiba is still pretending it’s the first dot com boom of the nineties. They have to shake off the idea that “aficionados” are all big wigs with money to throw around.  The average cigar enthusiast is a middle class guy who’s usually spending more than he can afford on the hobby (I just described myself haha) its kind of funny the mixed signals I’m getting from introducing BHK 58 when there’s already not enough of the series to go around (I get it they want a limited supply of it, keep it exclusive) but on the other hand, labelling the “new” talisman as EL but making over 100K of them lol.  IMO unaffordable cigars help guide people to affordable cigars that are underrated. I rarely venture away from CC but when I do, I don’t mind the Cohiba red dot. (Dominican, great construction, good price.) I gotta mention Arturo Fuente Hemingway work of art and the wise man Maduro. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, PigFish said:

There is an ass for every seat!!!

-Piggy 

Yes there is. Let me clear off a space for ya.

i probably will never have the opportunity to try one, just like I never tried a Cohiba Majestuosos 1966 (5 9/10 X 58) or a Cohiba 50 Aniversario (7 X 60), but I would give it a shot.

Production will be so low, that even if the majority votes with their wallet, there will be too few votes to count.

• 4 weeks later...