Why So Little Love For The JL1?

I got a 6er of the JL1 on a whim, and followed it with more.  Every one has been outstanding.  And, I've been smoking them practically moments after conception too.  No desire to age.  They have all been standouts.  Not trying to change demand, trust me, but I'm astonished that these seem to take a back seat to JL2 and most others at the price point.  What gives?  Just luck of the draw?  

• Like 3

The JL1 is a fantastic cigar. It is one of the first CC I was able to sample. From what I can tell they have a good following. The marca overall is solid. What's left of it anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rcarlson said:

I got a 6er of the JLS 1 on a whim, and followed it with more.  Every one has been outstanding.  And, I've been smoking them practically moments after conception too.  No desire to age.  They have all been standouts.  Not trying to change demand, trust me, but I'm astonished that these see to take a back seat to JLS 2 and most others at the price point.  What gives?  Just luck of the draw?  

They are fabulous cigars.   This might be offensive to most smokers,  but I really don't think most smokers actually want to much complexity.  2-3 big brash flavours (much like the JL2) I think hits the mass appeal vote. 

I think what the JL1 does, is add a lot of wood salt and sour cream into the mix with the Juan Lopez chocolate orange,   and the result is an intriguing sweet savoury stick that takes you on a real journey. 

I'm glad they're off the radar, long may it continue.

• Like 4

I think you may be right, 99.  You know, this is why going for the 6-packs to sample is something I wish I had done more of in the past. 

I think I'm going to start trash talking these so I can have them all to myself!  

• Haha 1

Just got a box in and never had them before. Only the number 2’s. The size is lovely. Like the RA Extra is to the RASS, sort of ?.

This 2018 will be better year after year so I think I better hide them way at the back or something.

CB7CC11D6F-AC07-4BE4-A48E-FC93D98B9A3A.thumb.jpeg.c759c47075f0cc18b45b7541f93e7729.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Their about even for me.  The 1's had more complexity at decade ago or so.  Come down to the size for me; which vitola do you prefer to smoke at that time?   No. 2 is more popular vitola in general, IMO.

• Like 1

This thread made me reach for the box of psp JL 1s i recently purchased. Been resting for about a month. Was certainly enjoyable but I prefer the JL2. I think the JL2 has some extra sweetness and almost citrus zest that I gravitate towards. 

The JL 1 was quality though. Excited to see how the box evolves over time. 

• Like 1