Canada to introduce plain packaging November 9

This is one of the main reasons, that I am stockpiling as many boxes as I do. Build up a lifetime supply why you can. 
Definitely! It is time for preparing coolidor project for stockpiling cigar boxes!

나의 SHV-E300S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To put it simple,we are governed by morons and gutless idiots which are totally out of touch with reality

Governments should fear the populace! At best you get plain packaging. Let it go long enough, you get Venezuela! Vote tobacco! -the Pig

But they know what is best for you and the children......?

22 hours ago, PigFish said:

Governments should fear the populace! At best you get plain packaging. Let it go long enough, you get Venezuela!

Vote tobacco!

-the Pig

We are WELL on our way unfortunately.

On the brighter side it possibly created a secondary market for boxes. Of course I just broke down about ten empties. I only keep the arty parts.

20 hours ago, El Presidente said:

"there are no votes in tobacco" was the standard reply.  

They are piss poor pond scum. 

This.

If it wasn't clear before that Canadian Politicians are in it to keep their jobs ahead of anyone else's, have a look at the current government's MP's responses to the recent SNC Lavalin scandal.  They were less concerned about justice being done, than about the scandal's impact to their re-election hopes.  They could care less if individual constituents had logical, reasoned responses to the Plain Packaging proposals - there's no votes in it for them, so why bother.  Makes me want to run for office and restore some integrity to government.  It hasn't been tried lately...

Just depressing. I'm glad I've stocked up a bit with cigars in anticipation of this disgrace.  I'll support my local B&Ms with singles purchases as long as they stay in business and have cigars I like, but I can't see many holding out for long. Disgraceful.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

This.

If it wasn't clear before that Canadian Politicians are in it to keep their jobs ahead of anyone else's, have a look at the current government's MP's responses to the recent SNC Lavalin scandal.  They were less concerned about justice being done, than about the scandal's impact to their re-election hopes.  They could care less if individual constituents had logical, reasoned responses to the Plain Packaging proposals - there's no votes in it for them, so why bother.  Makes me want to run for office and restore some integrity to government.  It hasn't been tried lately...

Just depressing. I'm glad I've stocked up a bit with cigars in anticipation of this disgrace.  I'll support my local B&Ms with singles purchases as long as they stay in business and have cigars I like, but I can't see many holding out for long. Disgraceful.

Bill 898.  Chris for PM!  All in favour say aye!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Bill 898.  Chris for PM!  All in favour say aye!

Nay! That guy is always gallivanting around the world on his boat. He has no connection to the every day guy.... :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One would think this is enough of a deterrent ?

Cohiba Esplendido - Esplendito Box of 25 ($1,737.50 CAD)  Cohiba Esplendido - Esplendito Single Cigar ($69.50 CAD)

•  
  • Sad 1

One would think this is enough of a deterrent ?
Cohiba Esplendido - Esplendito Box of 25 ($1,737.50 CAD)  Cohiba Esplendido - Esplendito Single Cigar ($69.50 CAD)

•  

Plus 13% HST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the retailers probably won't get compensated... unlike other protected markets cherished by our Canadian pols (meat and dairy comes to mind) where they would never let new legislation affect the producer's bottom line in fear of media backlash.

This is a sad day for the small business owners who will undoubtedly be put out of business because of this legislation. I’ve occasionally purchased cigars from Canadian stores despite the outrageous taxes. Going forward I will no longer be purchasing cigars in Canada as I do not wish to aid and abet erroneous plain-packaging (or taxation) schemes.

Following the government logic here plain-packaging laws should have already been applied to sugary, fatty and artificial foods (many of which directly market towards children with their current packaging), alcoholic beverages, sugary drinks, fast food, household chemicals, cellphones, cars, granny’s pie and every other consumer good that’s ever been accused of being bad for us.

Hell, I wouldn’t mind plain-packaging being applied to all the election campaign signs these lying skin sacks will be putting up in the fall. At least I know that kind of plain-packaging will be good for my health ?.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Head83 said:

Does the New legalized weed come in the same plain packaging?   I could understand the logic behind cigarettes even though it’s ridiculous.  Cigars aren’t even the same market and shouldn’t even be paired to gather, especially CCs.  Kids aren’t dropping 30 bucks on a CC to cut it open and roll a blunt, that’s what the Phillies are for 

This is what packaging for cannabis looks like from the government's Ontario Cannabis Store looks like. 

upload-100228-00628242241021-m1c0-en_1024x1024.png

On 5/2/2019 at 10:30 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

If Canadien kids can afford $25+ cigars, that's marvelous!  

Just proof that Trudeau has produced a booming economy for one and all :)

• Haha 1

First, I am sorry to all of our Canadian B/SOTL. This is a ridiculous piece of "legislation". Politicians drive me up a wall with the way they ignore the people that elected them and how they believe they know what's better for us. This nanny state movement is killing us. I wish there was an easier/faster way to get rid of these asshats.

I do have a clarification question, does the plain packaging cover up the box and bands so that you can remove the plain packaging and see the originals? Or is it a complete removal in a manner that purchasers would never see the original box and bands? For example, the Cohiba hologram labels would no longer exist in Canada?

Was at a B&M (Cumafords) in Ottawa this AM . They were vetting some new cigars that came in , box of 15 Siglo 6's cost them from Habanos House $1000 Cdn. and would be selling for $105 each ! :thumbsdwn:They are actually considering returning the box and paying the 10% re-stocking fee.

I am 100% against plain packaging. I actually work with a girl that is part of the UK cancer research and she claims she was one of the ones that thought for it on the UK! Stupid in my opinion it does not stop anything. For me with cigars it’s the whole thing I love the art of the packaging the bands also smoking them :P.

What really p me off is they want us to feel guilty for enjoying a pleasure that that tax to hell. Leave us alone and let us enjoy our hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/7/2019 at 10:00 PM, JayTheTurk said:

And the retailers probably won't get compensated... unlike other protected markets cherished by our Canadian pols (meat and dairy comes to mind) where they would never let new legislation affect the producer's bottom line in fear of media backlash.

Not only is there no compensation, you'll have to plain package all your existing inventory at your own expense by May of 2021.

21 minutes ago, Tollickd said:

I am 100% against plain packaging. I actually work with a girl that is part of the UK cancer research and she claims she was one of the ones that thought for it on the UK! Stupid in my opinion it does not stop anything. For me with cigars it’s the whole thing I love the art of the packaging the bands also smoking them :P.

Send her these studies:

On 5/7/2019 at 10:35 PM, CubanConnoisseur said:

This is a sad day for the small business owners who will undoubtedly be put out of business because of this legislation. I’ve occasionally purchased cigars from Canadian stores despite the outrageous taxes. Going forward I will no longer be purchasing cigars in Canada as I do not wish to aid and abet erroneous plain-packaging (or taxation) schemes.

Following the government logic here plain-packaging laws should have already been applied to sugary, fatty and artificial foods (many of which directly market towards children with their current packaging), alcoholic beverages, sugary drinks, fast food, household chemicals, cellphones, cars, granny’s pie and every other consumer good that’s ever been accused of being bad for us.

Hell, I wouldn’t mind plain-packaging being applied to all the election campaign signs these lying skin sacks will be putting up in the fall. At least I know that kind of plain-packaging will be good for my health ?.

I almost want to buy a few more cigars from my local B&M so that when the stats come out like they did in AUS there is an increase in sales. If there is a drop then the fat a$$es spout "see it is working"!

• Like 1