Can you list your top 5 Marques in order of preference?

My ranking probably has more to do with the marcas I have in my stock than it does with my overall taste -- e.g. I can't put Cohiba on the list simply because I've only had a few random singles -- but here it goes:

Trinidad

Partagas

Bolivar

Juan Lopez

Sancho Panza -- the uniqueness has really been calling my name lately 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no. not trying to be difficult but no, i can't do that. they change often but more importantly, for me it would be about certain cigars. i can't claim i like them all in any marque. so i might have SL

Sancho Panza (please don’t kill it!) Bolivar Trinidad San Luis Rey Partagas 

Here's some numbers up to this point. Percentage of ballots that had each marca  Hup 83%  Partagas 69%  Cohiba  46%  RA 45%  Montecristo  42%  Trinidad  40%  Bolivar. 40%. HDM 26%  PL 25%  R&

Here's some numbers up to this point. Percentage of ballots that had each marca 

Hup 83%  Partagas 69%  Cohiba  46%  RA 45%  Montecristo  42%  Trinidad  40%  Bolivar. 40%. HDM 26%  PL 25%  R&J  16%  

Punch  15%  QuaiD'Orsay 13%  JL 12%  SCdLH  11%  VR 9%  RG  6%  LGC  5%  SLR 3% SP 2%  ERDM 1%

Add to the fact that 50% of the HUP  votes were listed 1st or 2nd, it's clear foh'ers are really into UPMANN right now. Anyone see that coming? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hotboxx said:

Add to the fact that 50% of the HUP  votes were listed 1st or 2nd, it's clear foh'ers are really into UPMANN right now. Anyone see that coming? 

They don't make my top 5 list but I still enjoy them.  It's not too surprising:  generally high quality + comfortable price bracket = winning.

Thanks for the tallies!

1. Por Larrañaga

2. Ramon Allones

3. Upmann

4. Partagas

5. Hoyo de Monterrey (really fell into these deep in the last year)

7 hours ago, Hotboxx said:

Here's some numbers up to this point. Percentage of ballots that had each marca 

Hup 83%  Partagas 69%  Cohiba  46%  RA 45%  Montecristo  42%  Trinidad  40%  Bolivar. 40%. HDM 26%  PL 25%  R&J  16%  

Punch  15%  QuaiD'Orsay 13%  JL 12%  SCdLH  11%  VR 9%  RG  6%  LGC  5%  SLR 3% SP 2%  ERDM 1%

Nie work and thank you :clap:

I would have thought monte would come in front of Ramon Allones but outside of that I think the rankings mirror sales. 

7 hours ago, Hotboxx said:

Yes, polls we've conducted on our forum in the last 4 or 5 years have all resulted in H.Upmann being the number one marca in members' humidors.

2 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

Wow, I am surprised H.Upmann is not in your top 5.

59 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

I am surprised it’s not
Cohiba Cohiba Cohiba Cohiba Cohiba emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, for me, Partagas, Monte, and Upmann all have vitolas that I love, and others that I’m not so crazy about.  That makes a list like this difficult for me.  Depending on the day or my mood, I could have just as easily ranked Upmann #4, Partagas #5, and left Montecristo off the list, because trying to pick what percentage I like from each brand is a daunting task.  It would be much easier for me to list individual cigars in order or preference, than it is entire brands.

• Like 1