What % of your collection will be smoked by someone else when you're dead?

The golden dream is, you time your collection down to the last perfect cigar, and as you exhale your last dying breath, the blue haze escapes with you spirit into the ether. 

This however is probably unlikely, If you have kids, great you pass on an investment/experience.  If not do you ever feel conscious that your amassing a boat load of cigars that may fall to dust, or be bought by some chancer, from un briefed relatives. 

Whats your thoughts FOH?...  have you prepped a plan for slipping off your mortal coil.  and if not, what percentage of your collection do you think will be stubbed out by some spotty teenager, profiting from a house clearance?

17 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

Not fussed. When I'm gone, it won't bother me. If I get any heads up I'll smoke em like a reanimated Winston Churchill leaving a trail of ash and butts wherever I go. emoji56.png

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

I would agree........but my main point of frustration would be, I wouldn't want the person who bought my collection to be an arsehole.   There are lots out there.

for my own part, even though Im only 38.  I will make sure my missus has a list of contacts so she doesn't wheel them down to Oxfam.

• Like 1

We don't have any kids. So whatever is left when I bite the bullet will probably end up in the trash or will be resold by the girlfriend who is 12 years younger than me. And I don't really care since I'd be dead anyways.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gojira said:

And I don't really care since I'd be dead anyways.

Don't let a small thing like death stop you from getting angry!!.......if some teen ends up smoking through my collection over a shitty poker game, where they're all drinking premixed pina coladas, and dressing up like pound shop Al Capones.........I will rise up from the dead and snap their necks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 99call said:

Don't let a small thing like death stop you from getting angry!!.......if some teen ends up smoking through my collection over a shitty poker game, where they're all drinking premixed pina coladas, and dressing up like pound shop Al Capones.........I will rise up from the dead and snap their necks.

LOL! I shall brief the gf to whom to sell my sticks then since I wouldn't want that to happen as well!

• Like 1

Yeah, if I had some lead time, I'd most likely give them away to the few friends and family that I know would really appreciate it.  I cringe picturing my wife and mother in law opening humidor after humidor upside down right into the trash bin.  Sadly, if I'm hit by a bus tomorrow that is the likely fate.☹

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I have a younger brother who smokes and im hoping my son will enjoy cigars with me once he is of age.  I would imagine that there will be a couple thousand I will be passing on...the family understands its not a stash of backwoods and they are to be treated properly consumate of the investment thats been made in them.

• Thanks 1

God, I'm a bit depressed now.

I'd like to work it out that when I die, my relatives have to smoke my ashes to get my inheritance - roughly totalling to a grand sum of $35 and a half finished roll of Mentos.

If they comply with that request, they can do what they want with my cigars.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just now, Derboesekoenig said:

Well yeah no kidding, you'll be dead :rotfl:

The idea, is for the very much alive you, to project your thoughts into death.   To make it easier, imagine yourself as a re-incarnated squirrel, clung on to a tree as you watch your nearest and dearest sell your cigars on the front lawn in a 'everythings a dollar' sale.     Then mentally travel back into the present, and work out how you feel about the fact you may have 40% more cigars that you'll ever enjoy.   

1 minute ago, 99call said:

The idea, is for the very much alive you, to project your thoughts into death.   To make it easier, imagine yourself as a re-incarnated squirrel, clung on to a tree as you watch your nearest and dearest sell your cigars on the front lawn in a 'everythings a dollar' sale.     Then mentally travel back into the present, and work out how you feel about the fact you may have 40% more cigars that you'll ever enjoy.   

Well you got that right. If you are worried about your cigars, believe in reincarnation, then a squirrel sounds about right in the grand scheme of things. Haha I just kid. In all seriousness, I would want my loved ones to either enjoy or sell, and use the money towards happiness, whatever that means. That's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Well you got that right. If you are worried about your cigars, believe in reincarnation, then a squirrel sounds about right in the grand scheme of things. Haha I just kid

Hey!   wow wow wow wow.!!.........as a ginger, the native red squirrel is a majestic king of the forest in the UK.   Anyway, if you continue to poke fun, me and my mates will get together  (as per photo) and work out what we're going to do with you.

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

I've seen a few members on various boards pass away. In almost every case, other members stepped up and helped the spouse sell the collection for a fair price, sometimes better than in auctions for rarer items. The funds then go to the family.

Since those acquiring the cigars are also members of said forums, the wanker factor has hopefully been minimized...

When I go, I would ask a good, knowledgeable friend to assist my wife in liquidating the collection beyond some boxes I would ask be set aside for my son in the event he becomes interested in the hobby. My 'broker' would have pick of the litter as compensation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

When I go, I would ask a good, knowledgeable friend to assist my wife in liquidating the collection beyond some boxes I would ask be set aside for my son in the event he becomes interested in the hobby. My 'broker' would have pick of the litter as compensation.

Yep this is the ideal, nicely put

3 hours ago, 99call said:

Hey!   wow wow wow wow.!!.........as a ginger, the native red squirrel is a majestic king of the forest in the UK.   Anyway, if you continue to poke fun, me and my mates will get together  (as per photo) and work out what we're going to do with you.

images.jpeg

Aw. But I always thought of you as a flying squirrel!

• Like 1

There’s a lot of variance here.

If I die tomorrow in a car crash, 100% - doh

If I have time to make arrangements, as little as possible, but the actual number will depend on how much time I have.

My wife has instructions and contacts to get maximum possible value for everything in my estate, not just the cigars. If we die together, all bets are off.

9 hours ago, gojira said:

We don't have any kids. So whatever is left when I bite the bullet will probably end up in the trash or will be resold by the girlfriend who is 12 years younger than me. And I don't really care since I'd be dead anyways.

C’mon Mike - your will will state me as the sole benefactor ?

4 minutes ago, Hookmaker said:

C’mon Mike - your will will state me as the sole benefactor ?

You know what I like Henrik, send me a few boxes and I might be persuaded to put you on my will! ?

• Thanks 1