What are you listening to?

Nice. Tom Waits is a living legend.
I had San Diego Serenade as an ear-worm so had to listen to it. Ended up going right through to the Bad As Me album - he's been on all day and it's been great. Constantly brilliant.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

I had San Diego Serenade as an ear-worm so had to listen to it. Ended up going right through to the Bad As Me album - he's been on all day and it's been great. Constantly brilliant.
What album is that from? Not sure if I know that tune.

What album is that from? Not sure if I know that tune.
Heart of Saturday Night (track 2). Beautiful song.
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 5:43 PM, TheLiquidGator said:

Some of Bob's best work. BTW, it was the very first double album ever. 

That’s very interesting! I had no idea it was the first double album. Very cool! I  picked it up about 2 years ago at a used record store and I have to listen to this and a few others from Dylan’s collection on a regular monthly cycle. lol 

That Nashville Skyline album is great too. It’s so different.. Funny story,  my dad used to be a disc jockey in Ohio back in the 60’s and when he was introducing “Lay Lady Lay,” his boss thought he was being obscene and fired him on the spot. They fought about it and decided he would be better off assigned to ad sales. 

• Like 1

The Peter Moon Band, as I just read that Peter passed away. Most people will have never heard of him, but playing his albums in my dorm room in the late 70’s helped tremendously with the homesickness, especially when there was snow everywhere. He was a turntable staple, along with Jimmy Buffet and AC/DC. Good Times. 

Mahalo Peter!

• JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?