What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

On 1/26/2018 at 8:51 AM, FatPete said:

Just heard Mark E Smith from the fall passed on a couple of days ago. His caustic lyrics were unique.

I find it stunning that his passing did not warrant more coverage.....The Fall made so many good records and influenced so many.

• Like 1

I find it stunning that his passing did not warrant more coverage.....The Fall made so many good records and influenced so many.
I wasn't surprised by his death, his recent worsening health was well documented (if you looked for it). A great shame and lots of The Fall has been blaring out here for the last few days. 66 members, as many albums (studio and live) and as he once said "if it's just yer granny on bongos and me, it's The Fall". Gotta love him despite his failings. RIP MES.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonights listening, all on glorious slabs of 12" black wax.

Anna Hogberg - Attack

Outstanding free jazz by an all female septet, although they prefer not to be known as such. I respect that. The music speaks for itself, with great strength.

Attack-690x621.jpg

The Magnetic Sound of Hobocombo Presents Moondog Mask

Italian trio covering compositions by the great Louis Hardin, aka Moondog, the Viking of 6th Avenue. He was homeless, blind & a genius.

Andrea Belfi (Mr red pants) is the drummer in this combo. I have a lot of time for Andrea and his music. I have the black wax as pictured, not the blue. Coloured vinyl usually sux, sonically speaking.

0002386259_10.jpg

Tonights listening, all on glorious slabs of 12" black wax.
Anna Hogberg - Attack
Outstanding free jazz by an all female septet, although they prefer not to be known as such. I respect that. The music speaks for itself, with great strength.
Attack-690x621.jpg

The Magnetic Sound of Hobocombo Presents Moondog Mask
Italian trio covering compositions by the great Louis Hardin, aka Moondog, the Viking of 6th Avenue. He was homeless, blind & a genius.
Andrea Belfi (Mr red pants) is the drummer in this combo. I have a lot of time for Andrea and his music. I have the black wax as pictured, not the blue. Coloured vinyl usually sux, sonically speaking.
0002386259_10.jpg

I hit the link whilst listening to some later Tom Waits and it slotted seamlessly in. V good indeed.
  • Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?