FOH Auctions Update 14th Jan

Thanks Ben. :ok:

This will provide members an avenue to move locker stock to other members. 

If you have a locker and have cigars with 3+ years of age that you are no longer interested in...........keep FOH Auctions in the back of your mind. We will send out an email to all locker members once testing is finished. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 99call said:

Hats off FOH. Never standing still, always got the guts and creative problem solving ability to move forward. As a sole practitioner business owner I really look up to and admire this. 

necessity is the mother of invention 

Plato

:D

• Like 2

• bayala pinned and unpinned this topic

Can’t underscore my excitement for this! Joined the FOH community in 2018 and continually impressed by the customer service and support of the online community. Keep it up!!

Following this with great interest.

The UK auctions were never really practical for someone residing in the US (plus the assorted issues related to Mo’ Money).

Kudos!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

Are you anticipating locker spaces opening up, or is that going to be phased out once all stock is removed/sold/etc?

We have put that decision back to June. 

There is no use opening it up if it will be full again in a few months.  I would be happy to provide a new facility but only if we can have all members follow the rules.  That will require a significant upgrade on the tech side (automation of processes/emails/warnings etal). 

Right now we have enough on our plate. Let members run down a % of their OLH storage (by shipping home or sale) and we can revisit. 

Is there anyway that PayPal would be acceptable payment?  Might just be a US thing..Please pardon my newbie ignorance and lack of knowledge of international money trade

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, teewinot said:

Is there anyway that PayPal would be acceptable payment?  Might just be a US thing..Please pardon my newbie ignorance and lack of knowledge of international money trade

While many do it, it is illegal to use PayPal for tobacco products. If discovered your account will be locked. 

Full gateway for CC's and International transfers (4 currencies) will be available for settlement. 

Just now, Lucass111 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed but how will the shipping be handled? Will a shipping fee be assessed after the auction is completed?

That's now getting technical and  the full detail  can wait until testing is complete. 

In short,  The seller lists where he is prepare to ship to. The winning bidder and the seller go into a secure (in platform room) to determine the shipping. 

Shipping fee is determined after discussion and agreement  (digitised) between buyer and seller. Transaction proceeds on that agreement (digitised). 

I've been off the forums for a while because of major upheavals which put a bit too much on my plate to get into forum rabbit holes, discussions and arguments. 

Not to mention the constant siren song of the 24/24;)

But I suddenly remembered the upcoming auction platform opening so I had to comeback!

I just want to tell everyone involved, from the Prez on down, how freaking impressive this all looks!

I work in IT in the banking sector, and let me tell you that building an auction platform, as a non financial institution... from where I'm sitting it shows a rock solid operation, mature organization. A well oiled machine that's ready to take on all challenges!

Kudos to everyone at FOH. Impressive. Really impressive.

And now, I have to go and sell one of my kidneys, maybe part of my liver...

• 2 weeks later...