Help me pick a cigar to smoke please! 65 days resting

Hi everyone,

Have had an order resting now for about 65 days.  Really want to try one of these for tomorrow's football games.  Montecristo #2 is at the top of my list unless people INSIST it's trash at only 65 days.

The contenders:  

BOLIVAR - BELICOSOS FINOS SLB 25’S

HOYO DE MONTERREY - EPICURE ESPECIAL SLB 25’S 

TRINIDAD - COLONIALES 24’S

MONTECRISTO - NO.2 25'S

Any insight is appreciated!  

Date codes? Assuming fresh?

Basically, they are all good to go. They all may be better with some age, but there is no reason not to try any of them now. Make sure they aren't too wet and well aerated. If fresh production, take the stick to be smoked out from the original box over night prior to smoking.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RyviaUSA said:

Hi everyone,

Have had an order resting now for about 65 days.  Really want to try one of these for tomorrow's football games.  Montecristo #2 is at the top of my list unless people INSIST it's trash at only 65 days.

The contenders:  

BOLIVAR - BELICOSOS FINOS SLB 25’S

HOYO DE MONTERREY - EPICURE ESPECIAL SLB 25’S 

TRINIDAD - COLONIALES 24’S

MONTECRISTO - NO.2 25'S

Any insight is appreciated!  

Which ever one you can smoke with a friend... they always are better that way.

.02 Rob

If they are young, as I would assume they are, then yes, I would add my option of the Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial and/or the Montecristo No.2 as my preference.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Monte 2 is not trash now, in my opinion.

Any choice sounds great. Agree on Coloniales benefit with more time and still ready now. Monte 2, why not.

My choice BBF, but no reason to hesitate on Monte 2 if you fancy it, why not indulge that.

Or, try smelling and feeling each different one and see if this convinces you?

Don’t judge Monte 2 too critically if it doesn’t deliver on any expectations, I don’t see it being trash though.

All said with assumption those 65 days were at 62rh or 58rh, otherwise, hold off, understand burn may be poor, or dry box as suggested above.

New to the game here bud, but I had a HdM EE yesterday. Holy hell, that was good. I ordered a quarter box from here. Going to try one more, but am pretty sure I will be ordering a box of those. So that's my vote. 

65 days rest on boxes that are how old? I think smoking young Monte 2 is a brilliant experience vs smoking aged Monte 2. When young, there is a robust, almost overpowering cedar element that slowly transitions into a strong milk coffee over time. Bolivar is also very good at all phases of its life. BBF is one of my favorite cigars!

Much depends on your personal preferences. If you are an experienced smoker, you can smoke any of these cigars by choosing the right alcohol pair and smoking technique. If you are a beginner, choose not strong cigars, they all smoke comfortably at a young age.

Thanks everyone!  I wasn't expecting so much feedback, but I appreciate it.  Yes, they are probably young sticks as I bought them all from here as singles.  It sounds like most are good to go, but maybe give the Trinidad as much time as possible.

My bias lead me towards the Monte#2.  It's been dry boxing since yesterday.  Can't wait to try it!  I also have a #5 in there, but it's so small it seems like a 10min cigar hahaha.  I'll try that down the road.

Cheers everyone!