• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hoyo Des Dieux... A fella can hope.

La Gloria Cubana   

I'm still a relative CC noob, so I just keep trying sticks.   I think my 2019 goal is to buy my first full box of CCs.  What exactly is TBD.

I’m going to stock up on regular production

Vegas Famosos
Romeo & Julieta Short Churchill’s and Chuchills
Diplomatico 2
H Upmann Mag 46 and Mag 50

Lots of customs!!!!!
This is what I like! Make your own aged. In 5 years you've got your own Grand Reserva

1 hour ago, ha_banos said:

This is what I like! Make your own aged. In 5 years you've got your own Grand Reserva emoji36.png

1 hour ago, Derboesekoenig said:

You do know gran reservas are aged leaf before they are rolled right? Kinda difficult to replicate something like that 

That is part of it but not the whole story. 

The Gran Reservas are rolled by different rollers, who are just better cigar makers. 

As a result the GR’s are better cigars in general regarding construction, balance and tobacco selected for each individual cigar to match the desired blend.

Even with regular tobacco these rollers would make a sunstantial difference in overall quality.

You do know gran reservas are aged leaf before they are rolled right? Kinda difficult to replicate something like that 

That is part of it but not the whole story. 

The Gran Reservas are rolled by different rollers, who are just better cigar makers. 

As a result the GR’s are better cigars in general regarding construction, balance and tobacco selected for each individual cigar to match the desired blend.

Even with regular tobacco these rollers would make a sunstantial difference in overall quality.

I've read the marketing info if that's what you mean! The leaves that are aged as part of these programmes are selected to be expected to age well.

Box aging is the Anejados programme. Not sure if they do anything to try to select leaves for aging there.

I wonder what the difference is between a grand reserva and a PSP that's been aged in good conditions for 5 years? Anyone have experience and fancies sharing an opinion?

B.

6 hours ago, ha_banos said:

I've read the marketing info if that's what you mean! The leaves that are aged as part of these programmes are selected to be expected to age well.

Box aging is the Anejados programme. Not sure if they do anything to try to select leaves for aging there.

I wonder what the difference is between a grand reserva and a PSP that's been aged in good conditions for 5 years? Anyone have experience and fancies sharing an opinion?

B.

I have the experience with the Partagas GR. I smoked the same harvest both regular production and GR from my own collection and from my own experience the GR was the better cigar. 

• Thanks 1

For 2019, primarily I want to smoke more than I buy - as last year I was a little light on actual smoking.

On the list for this year -

Bolivar - Belicosos Finos

Hoyo - San Juan

Trinidad - Reyes & Topes

and if I can find any more, Upmann Hag 56 LE's. Never have I regretted not buying a box of cigars than the 56 LE.