What's your plugged cigar rate?

Plugged cigars  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

58-62 rh and 72 f = loose bands and no plugs... Edit:  They also sit for 3 to 6 months in that environment at a minimum. Most much longer 

In newer boxes, past 5 years, I've had fewer plugged cigars than in years past, but I still find a fair number (10%-15%) that are either too tight or underfilled. A tight or underfilled cigar is smoke

Very rare for me. Maybe has happened a time or two at most.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:50 PM, Wilzc said:

Since they say wrapper tobacco is like 90.23% of the flavors in a cigar.

I’m just gonna go ahead and remove all the plug causing fillers to achieve 100% Pinar Del Rio shiny wrapper flavours!!!!

09a28b33893ba401482b13a8f9dd8615.jpg

ff627e02ba1ff389ce265660fb61a743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very ironic as I smoked a Magnum 50 today that was grossly underfilled....

• 1 year later...

Picked up a few good pointers here. 

I unfortunately fall is the 20%+ group, but have been slowly lowering humidity levels across the board and realize Cubans are an entirely different beast than NC's.  Resting periods, youthful cigars, quality control, humidity levels, temperature, sheer quantity of Cubans in your collection.  It's hard to stare at a few newer boxes of Cubans and let them settle and acclimate for 90 days to a year or two, but luckily I'm getting to a point where 1) Cuban stock is steadily growing with a range of newer to older sticks 2) stocked with NC's I like 3) have a good understanding of different factors that can cause tight draws and 4) the patience to wait.  I believe a combination of all the above will improve my experiences with tight draws, but it took a lot of tinkering and learning to get to this point. 

Well aged, dry boxed, anything and everything including PerfecDraw I still have dozens and dozens that won't draw at all!

Rob, if I send you 100 plugged cigars and you agree, can I get 10:1 back?

When using a set of techniques that I learned including on the forum, I do not remember a single discarded cigar.
The most important thing is to correctly identify and eliminate the cause before lighting up.

Just suffered through a HURR tent peg that was gifted at the festival We’ve been pretty lucky so far with our overall Cuban experiences. Had it dry boxed for a month. The bands all slipped off and still no luck. Hit it with the perfecdraw and pulled out a stem. Opened up some after that but after lighting it was like drawing a DQ Blizzard through a coffee stirrer...