JohnS is coming to the USA (again!)

John, enjoy your visit to Florida and Texas!  Doubt I'll be able to arrange a visit, due to proximity with the holidays, but it sounds like a blast!

My kids have started high school this year, so I can imagine the celebration on the other side of the journey!  :) 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings friends, Yes, it is true. To celebrate my daughter finishing high school (or her secondary education) my family has decided to spend some time in Florida, amongst other adventures, this

What a wonderful evening.... fun stories, good smokes, and Great Mates????    

Sounds like a plan. Looked this place up, and didn't realize it was next to Del Frisco and Flying Saucer! Must've walked near it and didn't even know it

4 hours ago, planetary said:

John, enjoy your visit to Florida and Texas!  Doubt I'll be able to arrange a visit, due to proximity with the holidays, but it sounds like a blast!

My kids have started high school this year, so I can imagine the celebration on the other side of the journey!  :) 

Thank you @planetary! I can tell you that the time (that your child spends in secondary schooling) goes quicker than anticipated. I look forward to the next time we catch up face-to-face! ?

Okay, thanks to a few members' recommendation I will book the Cigar Lounge at Chamberlain's at 5334 Belt Line Rd, Dallas 75254 for Sunday 23rd of December. If you can make it, let me know in this thread or pm me. There's still plenty of time until then so I won't make the reservation for awhile. They open the cigar lounge from 4 pm to 10 pm on Sunday, and I'll book for a steak dinner and the cigar lounge afterwards. I will check with our itinerary for the exact time (most likely between 5 and 6 pm I would guess).

As for the Corona Cigar Lounges in Downtown Orlando and W Sands/Dr. Phillips, I believe they don't require a reservation. Please feel free to confirm or disconfirm, in this thread, if I'm mistaken.

I checked out the bar menu at Downtown this morning and I must say, I am very, very impressed. What an offering!

https://www.coronacigar.com/retailLocations/corona_cigar_bar_menu_2017.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Okay, thanks to a few members' recommendation I will book the Cigar Lounge at Chamberlain's at 5334 Belt Line Rd, Dallas 75254 for Sunday 23rd of December. If you can make it, let me know in this thread or pm me. There's still plenty of time until then so I won't make the reservation for awhile. They open the cigar lounge from 4 pm to 10 pm on Sunday, and I'll book for a steak dinner and the cigar lounge afterwards. I will check with our itinerary for the exact time (most likely 5 pm I would guess).

As for the Corona Cigar Lounges in Downtown Orlando and W Sands/Dr. Phillips, I believe they don't require a reservation. Please feel free to confirm or disconfirm, in this thread, if I'm mistaken.

I checked out the bar menu at Downtown this morning and I must say, I am very, very impressed. What an offering!

https://www.coronacigar.com/retailLocations/corona_cigar_bar_menu_2017.pdf

Yes, both Corona Cigar locations are great places to hang out and have a smoke and a quaff. No need for reservations though might be useful for a large group as, while there's a fair amount of seating, it tends to fill up quickly. Not sure they take them but worth a shot.

Excellent selection of libations and cigars, even a few pre-embargos though the price on those is a bit staggering.

Sounds like quite the Florida herf shaping up!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

@JohnS I'll be in Florida while you're in Dallas, lol!  I would recommend the Silver Leaf in Fort Worth, which is about 35 minutes from Dallas, it is in downtown Fort Worth.  By far and away, the best cigar lounge in the Metroplex of Dallas-Ft. Worth. Plenty of great drinks to pair with a cigar, an outdoor seating area too.

https://www.silverleafcigar.net/home

Okay, thank you @FatherOfPugs, I'll check it out.

13 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

@JohnS I'll be in Florida while you're in Dallas, lol!  I would recommend the Silver Leaf in Fort Worth, which is about 35 minutes from Dallas, it is in downtown Fort Worth.  By far and away, the best cigar lounge in the Metroplex of Dallas-Ft. Worth. Plenty of great drinks to pair with a cigar, an outdoor seating area too.

https://www.silverleafcigar.net/home

Ohhh nice. Didn't see this one when I was there last. Will definitely be going when I move to Ft. Worth next year

• Like 2

I look forward to meeting you @alloy! At this stage, because my family is coming into Dallas from Orlando on the 23rd around lunchtime, it may be more convenient to meet up at Chamberlains in Addison on that Sunday night, as much as I'd like to go to Fort Worth (seriously...what a great place!). However, plans aren't finalised and negotiations with my wonderful wife are on-going! ? ?

if you ever venture south to Houston there is a group of guys that meet and smoke regularly. As a Pastor Christmas is busy for me with all the extra services but maybe next time.

• Thanks 1

Please keep us abreast of your plans in DFW!

I frequent many of the cigar bars in East DFW. I can't remember if Chamberlain's allows 'outside' cigars, it's been awhile. Elite Cigar is in the same neighborhood and is for sure friendly about bringing your own & super fair pricing (another concern at a steakhouse). There's a new lounge opening this month much closer to your hotel as well if that's a consideration, the ownership there is planning to be very friendly about Habanos. Most of the lounges in Dallas post no-byoc, but some will turn a blind eye.

I hope I get a chance to meet you!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, WhiteMamba said:

if you ever venture south to Houston there is a group of guys that meet and smoke regularly. As a Pastor Christmas is busy for me with all the extra services but maybe next time.

29 minutes ago, WhiteMamba said:

@Baktun9 is a great Dallas botl I highly recommend spending time with him if you’re able

27 minutes ago, Çnote said:

Please keep us abreast of your plans in DFW!

I frequent many of the cigar bars in East DFW. I can't remember if Chamberlain's allows 'outside' cigars, it's been awhile. Elite Cigar is in the same neighborhood and is for sure friendly about bringing your own & super fair pricing (another concern at a steakhouse). There's a new lounge opening this month much closer to your hotel as well if that's a consideration, the ownership there is planning to be very friendly about Habanos. Most of the lounges in Dallas post no-byoc, but some will turn a blind eye.

I hope I get a chance to meet you!

Thank you guys for these recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to Chamberlains in Dallas several times and it is a great place to smoke and have dinner we live about a half hour from there. They have no cutting fee and  allow you to bring your own cigars. My wife and I would like to join you. @Alloy introduced me to my first CC and this site it has been great ever since.  Will you have anything for sale there?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOSCO said:

I have been to Chamberlains in Dallas several times and it is a great place to smoke and have dinner we live about a half hour from there. They have no cutting fee and  allow you to bring your own cigars. My wife and I would like to join you. @Alloy introduced me to my first CC and this site it has been great ever since.  Will you have anything for sale there?

At the moment I have been tentatively negotiating to go to Silver Leaf Cigar Lounge in Fort Worth because they are open later than Chamberlains. I'd say it's 99% sure but we (that is, my family) need to finalise our schedule and confirm 100%, which I will in this thread.

In regards to cigars, no I'm not a merchant. I'll be coming to the USA with cigars that I'd like to share with people if they haven't tried that marca and/or vitola for them to appreciate as a learning opportunity for their cigar journey, so-to-speak. It would be nice to meet you @BOSCO.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:42 AM, smoking fool said:

I will tell you, smoking in Dallas in any “establishment” has become almost impossible as it has become state law that no smoking is allowed. We can figure something out. Even if it’s a few people at my house on a patio.

Pfft.  JR would have never stopped smoking cigars at the offices of Ewing Oil while drinking a bourbon and branch over some petty state law...

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Yes, @Çnote I talked my wife into (agreeing for) me to take a Uber to Silver Leaf Cigar Lounge in Fort Worth on Sunday 23rd. I hope to be there between 5 and 6 pm. I'm glad the lounge closes late (1 am).

Use Lyft, the rate is better than Uber.

• Thanks 1