JohnS is coming to the USA (again!)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings friends, Yes, it is true. To celebrate my daughter finishing high school (or her secondary education) my family has decided to spend some time in Florida, amongst other adventures, this

What a wonderful evening.... fun stories, good smokes, and Great Mates????    

Sounds like a plan. Looked this place up, and didn't realize it was next to Del Frisco and Flying Saucer! Must've walked near it and didn't even know it

Let me know where in Dallas, and maybe possible to me up with you.... Christmas gets crazy with family visiting but I will do my best (At least for a photo and a gift ?)

• Like 1

John - myself and my neighbor (both FOH-ers) live in “The Colony” Tx, about 20-25mins north of where you are staying. I am unsure of our schedules, but please let me know near that time and we will see if we can make it. 

I will tell you, smoking in Dallas in any “establishment” has become almost impossible as it has become state law that no smoking is allowed. We can figure something out. Even if it’s a few people at my house on a patio. 

Steve

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smoking fool said:

John - myself and my neighbor (both FOH-ers) live in “The Colony” Tx, about 20-25mins north of where you are staying. I am unsure of our schedules, but please let me know near that time and we will see if we can make it. 

I will tell you, smoking in Dallas in any “establishment” has become almost impossible as it has become state law that no smoking is allowed. We can figure something out. Even if it’s a few people at my house on a patio. 

Steve

There seem to be quite the plethora of cigar lounges to choose from though. Have you been to any? I've been to Dallas a couple times recently, but didn't get the chance to check them out. The one I went to for 5 seconds didn't have any bovedas, so I left. I plan to move to DFW area next year though.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, alloy said:

What hotel in Dallas?

On 9/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, bugman78629 said:

Let me know where in Dallas, and maybe possible to me up with you.... Christmas gets crazy with family visiting but I will do my best (At least for a photo and a gift ?)

I'm staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott on Commerce St in the Downtown district from the 23rd until the 27th.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 4:22 PM, Duxnutz said:

Enjoy your trip! Shame you don’t drop into the islands!

Yes, I would love to go back to Hawaii to visit!

On 9/22/2018 at 10:42 PM, smoking fool said:

Steve

I wouldn't rule out a trip by Uber. We'll be in touch, no doubt.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:26 AM, Derboesekoenig said:

There seem to be quite the plethora of cigar lounges to choose from though. Have you been to any? I've been to Dallas a couple times recently, but didn't get the chance to check them out. The one I went to for 5 seconds didn't have any bovedas, so I left. I plan to move to DFW area next year though.

Cheers and thank you!

22 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

@JohnS

My recommendation:

http://www.cigarloungeatchamberlains.com/

Thank you so much, @luvdunhill!

16 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I'm staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott on Commerce St in the Downtown district from the 23rd until the 27th.

Good Stuff..... We'll play it by ear, but I will meet up with you before you leave. I will get with you for time and day the closer it gets.

Looking Forward,

Ed

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bugman78629 said:

Good Stuff..... We'll play it by ear, but I will meet up with you before you leave. I will get with you for time and day the closer it gets.

Looking Forward,

Ed

Cheers and thanks Ed. I look forward to it too!

• Like 1

Just may be in Orlando late December. 

Was there two weeks back and again tomorrow. Spending a fair amount of time with the mouse.....

Would be great to meet up!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Just may be in Orlando late December. 

Was there two weeks back and again tomorrow. Spending a fair amount of time with the mouse.....

Would be great to meet up!

Yes, it would great to meet up in person!

35 minutes ago, hedgeybaby said:

Have a great trip John.

P.S. I advise you not to sit down on a bench and simply rest your eyes for a moment after a heavy night. I did that and ended up being acquainted with Dallas' finest

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hedgeybaby said:

P.S. I advise you not to sit down on a bench and simply rest your eyes for a moment after a heavy night. I did that and ended up being acquainted with Dallas' finest

Thank you for the tip...from the bottom of my heart! ?