JohnS is coming to the USA (again!)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings friends, Yes, it is true. To celebrate my daughter finishing high school (or her secondary education) my family has decided to spend some time in Florida, amongst other adventures, this

What a wonderful evening.... fun stories, good smokes, and Great Mates????    

Sounds like a plan. Looked this place up, and didn't realize it was next to Del Frisco and Flying Saucer! Must've walked near it and didn't even know it

2 hours ago, bugman78629 said:

went here last week, and it was POPPIN'!!!!! 

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 2.39.26 PM.png

Was there three weeks ago. Hugh inventory of NC's. Nice smoking area and bar. Every Padron, AF and Davidoff. All they had in Warped was the La Hacienda. Still like the Cigar Lounge of McKinney though. Smaller and I know the boys. ?

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up folks...I'll be at Corona Cigars Lounge Downtown between 6 and 7 pm. I'm out for the day at the Kennedy Space Center, which is an all day visit, so I hope to get back as soon as I can closer to 6 pm rather than 7 pm. On Sunday, I'll be at the Silver Leaf Cigar Lounge in Fort Worth between 5 and 6 pm, most probably closer to 5 pm.

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know, John can drink copious amounts of liquor without any effect. If you are meeting up with him, and he does not have a drink in his hand, he is extremely thirsty. If he does have a drink already, he will need another very shortly. Please keep my good friend well lubricated with alcohol.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

You guys must have a different definition of “herf” over there emoji23.png

I have never understood why you guys use the term "herf".

As for being well lubricated, this is very important when meeting new people. You don't want the first encounter to be dry. I mean, can you imagine it? It's the first time, you're a little tense, being well lubricated helps to ease the tension and allow you to slip right in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I have never understood why you guys use the term "herf".

As for being well lubricated, this is very important when meeting new people. You don't want the first encounter to be dry. I mean, can you imagine it? It's the first time, you're a little tense, being well lubricated helps to ease the tension and allow you to slip right in.

I've always wondered this as well. Where does this word come from??

I will not be responsible for the lubing ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I've always wondered this as well. Where does this word come from??

I will not be responsible for the lubing ?

Back in the mid 90's. I think it was on one of those early chatrooms or bulletin boards. Some dude said it in regards to a tight cigar. It caught on from there.

This was the story I heard years ago, when I asked the same question. Personally, I can't stand the term.

11 hours ago, bugman78629 said:

What a wonderful evening.... fun stories, good smokes, and Great Mates????

73589C7D-247D-4687-BD56-4F6445C5E78A.jpeg.25bc94c8ff9531d5f10bfab2193dbec5.thumb.jpeg.7bc930594e086f5960728f5eed5bce9f.jpeg

It was an awesome experience! John, George, Ed and Bruce, Thank you! It goes to show that we are friends of habanos from all over the world! 

• Like 3

Thank you for your generosity of time and gifts @Richard peters, @alloy, @bugman78629, @broozerand @Çnote, your friendship encapsulates what this forum is about. I am grateful to have come across the other side of the world and spent time smoking cigars with you and chatting about, amongst other things, despite how different people can be, yet, at the same time, we have so, so much in common!

P1020118.JPG.0f6f42bf9520441f2ee0feebec25a6c7.JPGP1020128.JPG.e1838310a3a8b59a66f72aec75dd433b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1