Is Bigger Always Better V2.0?

Is bigger always better v2.0?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I generally prefer around 5" to 6" CIGARS but sometimes I like shorter smokes like a Bolivar Corona's Junior. I rarely find myself smoking 7" plus length cigars with the exception of a couple lancero's as generally they smoke too long. 

The length of my cigars is trending shorter and and shorter. I’ve become a much slower smoker since I started, and I’ve found a robusto to be plenty long for me. I also smoke a fair amount of petite edmundo. Compared to 2+ years ago, it was all double robustos, sublimes and torpedos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purely time dependent for me. I have everything from Monte A's down to Party shorts. I don't typically smoke more than one cigar in a sitting, so I reach for something that will take me close to the amount of time I have. Its one of the many reasons I love the Montecristo lineup, you can step up in 10 minute increments from 35 or 40 minutes all the way to 2.5+ hours and still get a relatively consistent profile. 

• Like 2

The RA CORTO is my favorite cigar by far. I do have a major problem with it being a petite robusto because they are gone so quickly. It wouldn't bother me as much if they'd made more than 2000 boxes! I did get 4 of them and enjoyed each and every one but alas. They are no more!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Dmpotocek said:

The length of my cigars is trending shorter and and shorter. I’ve become a much slower smoker since I started, and I’ve found a robusto to be plenty long for me. I also smoke a fair amount of petite edmundo. Compared to 2+ years ago, it was all double robustos, sublimes and torpedos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got my first box of petite edmundos coming from the 24:24 a couple weeks ago. I’m really looking forward to them. I’ve also smoke much slower/cooler now than I did before.

i should have added a 4th option for no preference. Not sure if I can edit the poll. 

It all depends like many have stated prior. I do like to only have one cigar at a sitting/setting. So for the herf I attended a couple weeks back I had a Lusitania which lasted nearly my entire time there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a time dependent matter for me. I love it when the cool weather makes it comfortable and easy to enjoy a 2 1/2 hour cigar (laguitos, DCs, churchills), like the Trinidad Fundadores I had a few days back, or the Lusitanias I had this past weekend. But when the heat and mosquitos come, I look for the cigars I can smoke in much less time, however even tthen I still favor the long and skinny ones over the short fat ones (belvederes, cremas, palmitas, almuerzos), so most of the time it's 5 to about 6 1/2 inches. I keep a few entreactos on hand, like the RyJ Petit Julietas, which are just under 4" for those times when I can only get 20-30 minutes.

• 2 months later...

Weather is a big factor for me; only a few months when it's not freezing or sweltering. So, the long sticks are saved for late spring and early autumn; and even then, for the weekends. Perhaps when I retire further South from here (in USA), things will change. 

• Like 1

Largest cigar I'm truly comfortable smoking is a Dalias--maybe a Genios, Julieta 2 or a Hermosos No. 1 if I'm really pushing it. Double Coronas (Prominentes) are just too big for me. 

My ideal and favorite vitola is Franciscos (44 x 143) followed by a Laguito No. 2. 

The Corona Gorda is my favorite viola. I choose cigars based on the amount of time I have to smoke and recently I’ve begun to prefer to smaller cigars, say a PP and a PLPC, to a DC. But, truth be told, I love them all.

• Like 2

One of the best boxes of Habanos I've smoked in the past 10 years were a full box of ERDM Demi Tasse from 06. (Need to get into drive to find pics.) They had some of the best true, greatly aged, and vintage Cuban tobacco I've ever smoked. Still doesn't beat a Party SDC 1 from 99, best cigar I've had the pleasure to indulge in. :^}

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk