Upmann Anejados GLA OCT 17?

You Guys,

I've received a shipment of 10 boxes of H Upmann Anejados with the box code GLA OCT 17 and the Revisado stamp. So I thought "that's odd, perhaps they just put this anejados in new boxes". But when I see Rob's box codes from today's 24:24 the code is 07. 

Has anyone else seen this? Anyone has a guess to why they have 2017 box codes?

Thanks
/M

IMG_0257.PNG

Have you checked with your supplier?

Have you checked the bar code number against the habanos verification site?

Box labels all look good?

That stamp does seem contrary to http://www.habanos.com/en/noticias/h-upmann-robustos-anejados/

"On the bottom of the box the date when the Habanos were made can be verified. “Revisado” (Checked) is also stamped on the bottom of the box, since 100% of the "

Perhaps they are intended to be aged and someone half inched them from the factory?

5 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Have you checked with your supplier?

Have you checked the bar code number against the habanos verification site?

Box labels all look good?

That stamp does seem contrary to http://www.habanos.com/en/noticias/h-upmann-robustos-anejados/

"On the bottom of the box the date when the Habanos were made can be verified. “Revisado” (Checked) is also stamped on the bottom of the box, since 100% of the "

Perhaps they are intended to be aged and someone half inched them from the factory?

Have not checked any of that. But the boxes come from the only habanos distributor in my part of Europe. So there is no reason to question the authenticity.  

Someone on the German forum also got one of these boxes with a 2017 BD.

Cuba being Cuba and all but now I trust this whole Anejados program even less - and I thought it was BS to begin with.

• Like 3

I always figured these were just recycled Upmann robusto EL's they couldnt sell the first time around. I'd quite like a bo with a 2017 code and a box with an old code...its one of those "oh Habanaos" moments.....like the SLR regios in the ERDM choix suprema boxes a particular vendor received a couple years ago. 

No idea about the date but the date is just a date th cigars were put into a box and sealed right? Could the original box have been damaged hence slap a revisado stamp and new code on it?

Also. If it’s rolled, boxed and kept for 5 years, why are we seeing 07 codes (10 of age there). And also, this is supposed to be a 2017 release isn’t it? So why is the already rolled and boxed cigar showing up late, like everything else that has to be rolled and boxed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I must admit I am confused.  As I understand the story...

1. HSA came up with this idea years ago;
  2. Secretly rolled and boxed the sticks (and stamped them with box code & revisado?!);
  3. Secretly stored a shit ton of cigars;
  4. Announced the program;
  5. Released each marca one or two at a time;
  6. Charged a premium for aged sticks;
  7. And are now selling AGED cigars with NEW box dates??

Admittedly I was skeptical about the whole program but hey, stranger things have happened.  Now, with aged cigars being sold with new box codes, how in the world does anyone have any confidence in this program.  I'd love to hear any valid explanation for how they have some cigars with old box codes and a revisado stamp and some of the same cigars with current box codes.

• Like 2

Could the OP share more pictures?  Is it possible someone is trying to capitalize on the confusion and release fakes?  Sell them early before they hit the masses?  Just a hypothetical.

Could the OP share more pictures?  Is it possible someone is trying to capitalize on the confusion and release fakes?  Sell them early before they hit the masses?  Just a hypothetical.

The box with 2017 BD that I saw was from a Lcdh in Germany. Not fakes.

14 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I must admit I am confused.  As I understand the story...

1. HSA came up with this idea years ago;
  2. Secretly rolled and boxed the sticks (and stamped them with box code & revisado?!);
  3. Secretly stored a shit ton of cigars;
  4. Announced the program;
  5. Released each marca one or two at a time;
  6. Charged a premium for aged sticks;
  7. And are now selling AGED cigars with NEW box dates??

Admittedly I was skeptical about the whole program but hey, stranger things have happened.

I think that's just about right.

Looking over these, of all the things that jumps out at me it's HSA's storage of the cigars for 5-8 years. This is an awful lot of cigars as these are still readily available and many thousands of boxes have already been sold. It would require quite a facility for proper storage of 10,000+ boxes for many years. And no one has ever seen this facility nor has HSA ever been known to store/age any cigars prior to this program. No one has seen or heard of this facility that has presumably been actively aging cigars since 05 or 06 (the first Anejados being the Hoyo Des Dieux released in 2011). One would think HSA would be anxious to show off this facility as part of the selling point of this release. Quite honestly, I'd want to know exactly what the conditions these cigars are being stored in are. HSA's recommended storage conditions as stated on their leaflet differ from what many consider ideal storage conditions for 5-8 years of aging. 

Traditionally cigars have always been aged at the distributor or retailer as the customer or retailer can personally verify the conditions and facility and make their decisions accordingly. 

To me, the proof is in the pudding. The fact that these Anejados are generally under the curve or at best similar to regular production quality just screams to me that this program isn't what it appears. And why did they start out first with a regular production cigar (Hoyo DD) and then decide, years later, to go to non-standard vitolas for the marcas being used? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kbb said:

Well, they'd have to fake the whole box as they do say HU Robustos and use an authentic code stamp. I think the box is genuine. That's the problem...

If I were to defend HSA, I'd just say that the original box likely never got stamped in 11. It happens. But that's a serious problem with these Anejados--not so much for regular production.

The Anejados program I dont believe has much pre-planned structure, no shock there I know. There are Anejados cigars like the early Hoyo DD that were in fact aged DD, however I know for a fact after speaking with a long time Habanos Exec in Cuba, that the RyJ Piramide Anejados were originally rolled as Monte 2s.  I'm sure the same would go for these Upmann Anejados, they are probably originally rolled as another marca kept in what I have been told is roughly a 40+MM cigar storage capability, as they might not have met the taste standard of the vitola it was intended to be.  Currently, word is that they have a flood of Jose Piedra cigars consuming much of that storage capacity.  Then again this is just the mystery of Habanos!

3 hours ago, sikfrayme said:

however I know for a fact after speaking with a long time Habanos Exec in Cuba, that the RyJ Piramide Anejados were originally rolled as Monte 2s.

I had heard this as well from in insider in Havana in Nov. I also smoked the RyJ Piramides at the Partagas intro event and I actually thought it absolutely could have been a Monte 2. I did like it however. 

I was also told all of the 2015-released Anejados were crossed-up with the other marcas in the program. I believe I was told the Monte Churchill was a RyJ Churchill and the others weren't known by the source offhand except I believe they said the Party CG was a Hoyo Epi 1. I will say that I did smoke the Party CG and I thought it was much more Partagas than Hoyo in profile. 

I think we should take all this with a very large grain of salt. It really seems like the kind of tasty rumor that could spread fast down there true or not.