What's up for the weekend!

What's up for the weekend?

I don't have too much on my plate this weekend. School sport tomorrow morning, take my parents shopping to some "old world" food haunts, neighbours party Sunday....but I have one eye on that FBC (fat bastard comp) so I won't be indulging :D

A couple of new cigars have landed that I need to try. One for saturday afternoon. need to find 4-5 hours to work so they can be my accompaniment. 

Bland weekend before next weekends birthday "blow out" at the beach :D

Let us know what you are up to. I will live vicariously!

Have a great weekend :party:

Seeing Melvin Seals play a show in Denver tomorrow night.  Dinner, beers, and Sir Winstons with a great friend I haven't seen in a dog's age on Saturday.  Finally---Superbowl, where I'm bringing out my famous Elk lasagna recipe. 

Monday we'll all be back to the gym and the pool I'm sure. 

• Like 1

My birthday tomorrow - hope to get a bunch of smokes in but the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating. Another rainstorm has arrived here in NorCal.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, DNOEL1017 said:

I'll be back in Houston tomorrow, where will you be smoking at? 

Probably won't be smoking too much - checking out a couple of the sponsored parties/events. Some great stuff going on. 

Cigars and drinks tonight with two friends of mine. So should be fun!!

Other than that I'll be fixing my pushbike Saturday and playing pool with my grandfather on Sunday.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, planetary said:

Years of planting seeds with my better half, a chunk of time saving up, and a multi-month wait for the order to arrive... have all come to fruition.  I am absolutely giddy.  Despite the less than ideal weather we're having here in northern California, I'll be taking her out this weekend while most of the country is sitting in front of their TVs.  If the drive home from the dealership was any indication, this weekend will be glorious.

Another mid-life crisis averted.  Thanks, Germany. :)

IMG_0332.JPG

holy hell, well done!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, planetary said:

Years of planting seeds with my better half, a chunk of time saving up, and a multi-month wait for the order to arrive... have all come to fruition.  I am absolutely giddy.  Despite the less than ideal weather we're having here in northern California, I'll be taking her out this weekend while most of the country is sitting in front of their TVs.  If the drive home from the dealership was any indication, this weekend will be glorious.

IMG_0332.JPG

Sweet Jesus she is gorgeous! Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 2

It'll be warming up here this weekend, so looking forward to some cigar smoking weather again.

Dinner and a movie Friday night.

Lunch downtown Denver on Saturday followed by some hiking.

Sunday I have to fly back south for a few days to arrange moving the rest of our furniture and things out to Colorado.

I think it is safe to say no one will be having a better weekend than @planetary though! :daydream:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, planetary said:

Has this been a life long dream of yours? I hope you have a great and safe drive this weekend :)

15 minutes ago, Luca said:

Has this been a life long dream of yours? I hope you have a great and safe drive this weekend :)

Luca - a long-time dream, indeed.  It's still just an object, a possession -- but you only live once, right?

And thank you too, @ElAbogado and @Dimmers, for the kind words.  I shall endeavor to remain safe, drive to the conditions, and obey the spirit of the law. :D 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bartolomeo said:

Friday Night: date night and the best 3 minutes of love making my wife has ever had

Sat: going to UNC-Notre Dame Bball game

Sun: Flying to Orlando for a national sales meeting, tee time at 12:30pm at Ritz Carlton course...first round since November

So you're looking forward to Sunday then? :lol:

My weekend? I'm working with my brother-in-law on a small renovation and then meeting up with my friend Dave who is leaving permanently to live in the UK. Dave is a dear friend, having catered my wife's 50th birthday party so expertly (amongst other favours over the years) and I wanted to give him a deserved farewell with a nice cigar from my collection. He insisted that he'll bring the Scotch...what a guy! ;)

• Like 1

@planetary I never used to like Porsches until recently and yours looks absolutely fantastic. Enjoy!

My birthday weekend, so hopefully I will be cut some slack. Got an old school friend coming to mine tonight for dinner. Saturday will no doubt involve chores and then Sunday is my birthday so my Mum n Dad are over for lunch and then Superbowl later at night. Cigar wise I have a Portages P2 for my birthday puff. 

• Like 1

Another mid-life crisis averted.  Thanks, Germany.

IMG_0332.JPG

Sweet Mazda!

Jk...my favorite manufacturer. Great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, planetary said:

IMG_0332.JPG

Good luck - you are going to love driving that thing in your conditions!

Had a 2002 C4 Cabriolet from 2002-2005.  Absolutely LOVED it.  Even in the snow here in NY...For the winter I'd swap the 18" low profile for 17" Bridgestone Blizzaks....she hugged the road like nobody's business.

I hope you have tire insurance...all I can stay is watch out for road hazards - went through at least 4 blowouts with the low profiles...although I doubt you have even the smallest of "pot" holes in N Cali!

It's true what they say - it's a real driver's machine.  You can use that puppy every day and never worry about it like some other exotics....beautiful color btw.

• Like 1

Working but leaving early today.  Then going to get the egg fired up and smoke a beer can chicken.

Tomorrow gun therapy at the range followed by relaxing and smoking a pork butt.

Sunday will be a bit somber though.  Family friend and high school football coach passed away yesterday (f* you cancer) so I'll be going to the visitation/prayer service.  Then the Superbowl.

Is that 991S?  I got to do a lot of driving in one last summer.  Excellent ride; manual hopefully, right?  Very easy to drive and easy to feel like a rock star going into corners.

• Like 1

@BarryNY - Yep, got the wheel and tire insurance, for sure.  The rear 305s are wife enough to attract lots of ambient material on the road, by all accounts.  Also, I seriously considered a cabriolet.  Would have done it if I lived in LA.  Opted for the big glass sunroof instead.  You are brave to have chosen one up there in Mass, and I salute you. :)

@BrightonCorgi - It's a Carrera 4S 991.2 PDK.  I enjoy driving manuals -- the most pure fun manual I ever had was a MX-5 Miata... a real go cart with a sense of speed far greater than the speedometer reading.  But I learned my lesson with manuals on that car... no sticks for me with Bay Area traffic + my non-trivial commute.  Happily, the PDK (automated dual clutch) is incredible, and the shifts are lightning fast.  Great piece of tech.

Hope everyone enjoys great cigars, cool breezes, and warm sunshine this weekend!

Pain and suffering!

Willing to trade for smoking, a new Porsche, 3 minutes of sex and many of the other items suggested by others...!

Carry on!

-the Pig

PS... My VW diesel has a dual clutch automatic... Okay... I guess it is not really the same!!! -LOL

@planetary Beautiful car mate. Congrats!

• Like 3