H.UPMANN NOELLAS JAR LCDH (25)

Does anyone have these? How are they? I am seeing them around lately priced reasonably so just wondering if anyone actually bought them.  The jar is "neat" but doesn't matter if the cigars aren't worth it. Thanks!

PM if that sounds mysterious or are looking.

upmann-noellas-500x500.jpg

upmann-noellas-box-500x500.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7 days later.... Even though antibiotics and steroids are messing with my taste I can confirm not my smell. These smelled out of this world when I opened glass jar...just wow. Must be because the gl

First a caveat, the cigar speculation game is not one that I play. With that said, I am afraid that the 'sucker' section of the Cuban cigar market has grown leaps and bounds over the past 15 years. It

I respect a bunch of recognized names in this thread. I've aged a jar of these since release and another a year later. The jar from the second year. (Still no box code date under the cedar insert) The

Let's just say I, among many others, REALLY wish the cigars themselves were sold in boxes or cabs. I got some when the prices started to go down to just over $300 US but are now easily in the low-to-mid $200's. Definitely worth trying, plus you'll have a nice looking jar humidor when you're done. FYI. The seal isn't that great so I suggest keeping it in a humidified area/container of some kind or putting a small Boveda and checking it every so often to make sure it doesn't dry up (which is seems to do every 6 weeks or so

• Like 2

Let's just say I, among many others, REALLY wish the cigars themselves were sold in boxes or cabs. I got some when the prices started to go down to just over $300 US but are now easily in the low-to-mid $200's. Definitely worth trying, plus you'll have a nice looking jar humidor when you're done.

Yes that's what I saw. Well worth the try then! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were in plentiful supply at most LCDHs on the island this November. Crazy cheap too, like 122 CUC I think. I had a couple singles a few years back and wasn't impressed enough to go in on 25, even at that price. The jar would be a bit of a pain to travel back with as well. Although, cheaper than a box of the now discontinued HUPCs, I would probably put my money else were. 

19 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Although, cheaper than a box of the now discontinued HUPCs, I would probably put my money else were.

Agreed. But the jar is so cute...!:blink:

And I guess I was used to seeing them for $300-$350 so $200 seemed like a no-brainer.

The cigars do seem to divide opinion. I have tried one and found it not to my liking. However with some age I am sure they will improve. I am not sure what affect being in a jar would have on the aging process, but I am sure it has been suggested that the aging process is slower in a sealed jar.

The jars do look good, I also like the ceramic jars that are sometimes available.

16 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

Agreed. But the jar is so cute...!:blink:

And I guess I was used to seeing them for $300-$350 so $200 seemed like a no-brainer.

I think the jars are cool too, great to display in a smoking room or bar. But not good for much else. 

13 minutes ago, shlomo said:

I believe I am in the minority who does not like these at all. Jar is cool, cigars are not my style at all and I really want to like them as the size is excellent.

We're in the same boat, wanted to like them, but I just haven't.

18 minutes ago, David88 said:

The cigars do seem to divide opinion. I have tried one and found it not to my liking. However with some age I am sure they will improve. I am not sure what affect being in a jar would have on the aging process, but I am sure it has been suggested that the aging process is slower in a sealed jar.

The jars do look good, I also like the ceramic jars that are sometimes available.

Would love to hear what you all don't like and DO like about them...

Are they inconsistent or is it a "flavor" thing?

bitter, "tart" and rough. Not consistent from cigar to cigar and have not had a really smooth, balanced or rich one. Kind of a "watered down", yet "hot" Upmann. So many better choices in the marca imo. . I have mostly smoked the OR, only 2 of the newer dated singles.

25 minutes ago, shlomo said:

bitter, "tart" and rough. Not consistent from cigar to cigar and have not had a really smooth, balanced or rich one. Kind of a "watered down", yet "hot" Upmann. So many better choices in the marca imo. . I have mostly smoked the OR, only 2 of the newer dated singles.

Wow that is a definite opinion and others wish they could get more but without the jar.   What do you think they scrimped on the cigar in lieu of the jar/presentation maybe? Maybe only one way to find out for myself! LOL

I ordered Petit Monte 2's recently against much advise and was very pleased...actually loved them.

I have bought this jar lately but i have not smoked the cigars yet. The jar looks great but the seal is not good. I put the entire jar in a zip blog bag with a Boveda. I like to collect cool looking jar/humidor with reasonable price tag. I think it's worth to get one. :party:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintMickey® said:

Would love to hear what you all don't like and DO like about them...

Are they inconsistent or is it a "flavor" thing?

I found the flavor to be harsh and bitter from the start and this continued throughout without any change. I don't know how old they were but I assumed that they were under a year old. Potentially they could settle down with some age. People do like them and I'm definitely not writing them off yet. I think that, for the price they currently are, it's worth the risk. If you don't like them then you always have the jar which looks nice.

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed this cigar and am just finishing one jar with two full ones waiting. Picked up my last one in Havana for 122 CUC in November. They were all over the place and at that price a no brainer for me.

I respect a bunch of recognized names in this thread. I've aged a jar of these since release and another a year later. The jar from the second year. (Still no box code date under the cedar insert)
They have turned into incredible cigars the last 6 months. Ymmv

• Like 3

Just now, jfire said:

I respect a bunch of recognized names in this thread. I've aged a jar of these since release and another a year later. The jar from the second year. (Still no box code date under the cedar insert)
They have turned into incredible cigars the last 6 months. Ymmv

If you like them, thats all that matters! I dont think there is a single Habano in the ever shrinking lineup that every single smoker likes. At 122 CUC or about $200 off the island its hard to argue. If you have an old cab or dress box to age them, you can use/display the fancy jar in the meantime. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 3:11 PM, SaintMickey® said:

Wow that is a definite opinion and others wish they could get more but without the jar.   What do you think they scrimped on the cigar in lieu of the jar/presentation maybe? Maybe only one way to find out for myself! LOL

I ordered Petit Monte 2's recently against much advise and was very pleased...actually loved them.

Actually I have a box of Petit Monte 2's as well and find them very nice which is unusual that I would like a young cigar. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, Bohn007 said:

Actually I have a box of Petit Monte 2's as well and find them very nice which is unusually that I would like a young cigar. 

I like the Petit Monte 2 and think some criticism can be a bit harsh. While it doesn't match up to a full No. 2, it's certainly a good smoke and I would rather have one than pitch a No. 2 if I am short of time.

• Like 1

You'll regret not have a few jars in your cabinet regardless of how you find them to smoke.  Look at prices on the Gold Medals...  Weren't great cigars when they came out, but now everyone wants them at a premium...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You'll regret not have a few jars in your cabinet regardless of how you find them to smoke.  Look at prices on the Gold Medals...  Weren't great cigars when they came out, but now everyone wants them at a premium...

Gold Medals were loved by most when they were out. One of my all time favorite cigars. They are also discontinued for many years now. Not really an apt comparison.

• Like 1

I have a jar from later release.  Cant remember the date.  Have had 2. They were ok.  The jar is neat.  i love stuff like that.  Will smoke another later in the year and see how they are.

The Gold Medals on the other hand were one of all time favorites.  Still have the empty boxes and tear up a bit when I see them:frown:

• Like 1