Your opinion: The best pound for pound Cuban cigars in the world today?

The best pound for pound Cuban cigars in the world today?

I get the above question asked regularly of me and I have my list which I will post later today. However I would like your list which you will need to keep to no more than three cigars.

Taking into account:

• Enjoyment
  • Value/Price
  • Consistency

For you.....which are your top 3 "pound of pound" Cuban cigars in the world today? If you have time, expand and let us know why. thinking.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised there aren't a LOT more votes for the H.U. Mag 46 Consistency: Never had one that wasn't great. Priced right always a 'go to' cigar when I want to get what I expect. Great flavor pro

These are my 3 best cigars which have been produced in the new decade, and consistent from box to box within these codes: LBT10 Cohiba Behike 54 EMA07 PL Magnificos LRE09 LGC Tainos Consistency, c

1 and 2 for me. Add Boli PC and a Party Short...

Using those criteria,

1. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas. High bang for the buck. Distinctive flavor profile, with early bite giving way to mellow caramel as they mature. Consistent high build quality.

2. Punch Punch. More cigar than most in a reasonable size and cost. I understand quality may not have been up there prior to 2014 but for me this is my go-to CG, along with RA Superiores (which are at a totally different price point).

3. Diplomaticos No. 2--but I haven't smoked enough to speak about consistency. So far, they appear to be an excellent price/performance cigar.

HDM DBL Corona

MOB AUG 14

PUNCH PUNCH

AUM / ABR SEPT 14

HDM EPIC #1

LUA OCT 14

Seems like 2014 was a very good year!

Day in day out, no muss no fuss, steady Eddie, good to the last drop.

One caveat is hand picking, especially by Rob, help to insure the above qualities.

RASS, preferably 50 cab.

BRC

CORO, pricey, but worth it!

• Like 1

Recent examples of the JL#2 have been pretty fantastic for such a reasonably priced cigar. Add BRC's, CoRo's, and recent Party Shorts to my list.

Rj PC- great blend , price is great , consistent .

Dip2- when on .. Deep sweet spices ,! Creamy smoke , decently good consistent

Sc ep- deep rich sweet flavors . Price is bit high for the size format , consistency is quite good

Boli Tubos No. 3

Boli Tubos No. 2

Boli Coronas Jr.

I have spent a lot of money and time looking for better. For my palate these are the ones. It was a tough decision though. I have had individual cigars that are better, but not consistently better. I have smoked hundreds of the combination of these and every time I light one up I think "If I don't have time or if anything is wrong I will just pitch it and get a different cigar" I have never tossed one of the above smokes. They are all varying intensities of the same flavor profile. Bolivar leather and a sort of dried apricot.