Regular Production Cigars in 50 Cab Packaging

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The image above of a 2003 50 Cab of Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux (thank you kindly dear friend, Fuzz for sharing - glorious!) recently got me thinking...how many of the 27 brands and 181 regula

Finally, below is a list of recently discontinued cigars, since 2005, which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis): 1) Bolivar Coronas Extra (2012) 2)

Below is a list of current regular production cigars which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis): 1) Bolivar Corona Gigantes (2010) 2) Bolivar Petit

• 2 weeks later...

In the year-and-a-half since posting this topic, I can definitely say that the Punch Punch and Punch Double Corona are no longer produced in 50 cabs. The Saint Luis Rey Double Coronas, well they haven't been seen for a few years now. So, that means 7 current cigars that come in 50 cabs.

At the time I posted this, the Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 1 was not commonly available in 50 cabs, but the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 was listed as available on Cuban Cigar Website (I think the JLS 1 was not, at the time). I can't recall the last time some JLS 2 robustos were offered in 50 cabs on a 24:24 listing, we may need some expert input into the question, but I wouldn't be surprised if 50 cabs JLS 2's were around in 2016.

• Like 2

We have also seen three new 50 cabinets in this period come and go. These are:

Saint Luis Ray Inca Regional Edition (Peru)
Por Larrañaga Los Andes Regional Edition (Andes)
Sancho Panza Enslavo Regional Edition (Serbia)

There have also been things such as the Partagás Serie D No.4 Cabinet Humidor which might somewhat "count" as it's around the same price as some of these 50 cabinets.

Perhaps others I have missed?

• Like 2

• JohnS changed the title to Regular Production Cigars in 50 Cab Packaging
  • 1 year later...
On 12/22/2015 at 6:58 PM, JohnS said:

Finally, below is a list of recently discontinued cigars, since 2005, which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis):

1) Bolivar Coronas Extra (2012)

2) El Rey del Mundo Coronas de Luxe (2006)

3) El Rey del Mundo Petit Coronas (2012)

4) El Rey del Mundo Tainos (2006)

5) Hoyo de Monterrey Hoyo Corona (2006)

6) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Roi (2009)

7) Partagas Chicos (2005)

? Partagas Coronas (2006)

9) Punch Churchills (2010)

10) Punch Coronas (2009)

11) Punch Petit Punch (2009)

12) Punch Super Selection No.1 (2009)

13) Quintero Puritos (2005)

14) Rafael Gonzalez Cigarritos (2010)

15) Rafael Gonzalez Slenderellas (2006)

16) Romeo y Julieta Coronas (2012)

17) Romeo y Julieta Tres Petit Coronas (2006)

18) Saint Luis Rey Churchills (2010)

19) Saint Luis Rey Lonsdales (2006)

20) Saint Luis Rey Petit Coronas (2010)

21) Sancho Panza Bachilleres (2006)

22) Sancho Panza Coronas (2006)

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/list.aspx?specialtype=;Current_Production;Discontinued;&sortorder=noorder&discontinuedpackaging=90;82;102;86;153;57;178;179;81;107;144;145;88;89;186;115;

Such a great thread John, I go back to this from time-to-time. Although, one to add to this list is the Partagas Lonsdale, discontinued in 2003. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

Such a great thread John, I go back to this from time-to-time. Although, one to add to this list is the Partagas Lonsdale, discontinued in 2003. 

Thank you. I can't specifically remember why I set the cut-off date at 2005. It may have been due to practicality and limiting the length of each list. The current list is as follows:-

1) Partagas Shorts (42 x 110 Petit Corona)

2) Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (42 x 129 Petit Corona)

3) Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas (49 x 194 Double Corona)

4) Partagas Lusitanias (49 x 194 Double Corona)

5) Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 (50 x 124 Robusto)

6) Ramon Allones Specially Selected (50 x 124 Robusto)

Please note, the following are listed as in production on Cuban Cigar Website currently, in 50 cab packaging, but I have not seen any examples for at least three years or more:-

1) Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1 (46 x 143 Grand Corona)

2) Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 (50 x 124 Robusto)

The following is listed as discontinued on Cuban Cigar Website in 2017, in 50 cab packaging, but has been seen in production in 2018:-

1) Punch Double Coronas (49 x 194 Double Corona)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wineguy said:

I have a 50 Cab of Punch DC that is UGO AGO 18. Purchased here. 

I have an ‘18 cab of Punch DC as well. From a reliable source, Punch DC were abundant in Cuba two weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wineguy said:

I have a 50 Cab of Punch DC that is UGO AGO 18. Purchased here. 

2 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

I have an ‘18 cab of Punch DC as well. From a reliable source, Punch DC were abundant in Cuba two weeks ago. 

That's very interesting. I will need to consider amendment if these are still in production and not discontinued after the announcement in 2017 by Habanos S.A. It's happened before, witness the Fonseca No.1, for example.

Aah yes, those repackaged 50 cabs from 5th Avenue. They were 2013 Rafael Gonzalez Perlas, re-packaged as a marketing ploy to stimulate sales, I'd say (and quite clever!). Some more information here...

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Aah yes, those repackaged 50 cabs from 5th Avenue.

Well thank you, I did not know this. Next time I’m there I’ll have a close look and ask about them. They looked like decent sticks from what I could see.

• Like 1

Well thank you, I did not know this. Next time I’m there I’ll have a close look and ask about them. They looked like decent sticks from what I could see.
They are. I bought a cab of these when they came out and they were wonderful and didn't last long. Repackaged 5 count picatas. My cab had two distinct shades in it, both excellent.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2019 at 2:04 AM, JohnS said:

[...]

The current list is as follows:-

1) Partagas Shorts (42 x 110 Petit Corona)

2) Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (42 x 129 Petit Corona)

3) Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas (49 x 194 Double Corona)

4) Partagas Lusitanias (49 x 194 Double Corona)

5) Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 (50 x 124 Robusto)

6) Ramon Allones Specially Selected (50 x 124 Robusto)

[...]

Reviving this thread... Has anyone seen a Hoyo DC 50 cab recently? I've seen the other 5 50 cabs on 24:24 this year (Party Shorts, PLPC, Lusi, Epi 2, RASS). Wondering if we're down to 5 now.