Regular Production Cigars in 50 Cab Packaging

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The image above of a 2003 50 Cab of Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux (thank you kindly dear friend, Fuzz for sharing - glorious!) recently got me thinking...how many of the 27 brands and 181 regula

Finally, below is a list of recently discontinued cigars, since 2005, which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis): 1) Bolivar Coronas Extra (2012) 2)

Below is a list of current regular production cigars which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis): 1) Bolivar Corona Gigantes (2010) 2) Bolivar Petit

Below is a list of current regular production cigars which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis):

1) Bolivar Corona Gigantes (2010)

2) Bolivar Petit Coronas (2012)

3) Cohiba Coronas Especiales (pre-2000's)

4) Cohiba Lanceros (pre-2000's)

5) Cohiba Panatelas (pre-2000's)

6) El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme (2010)

7) H.Upmann Magnum 46 (2012)

8) H.Upmann Magnum 50 (2012)

9) H.Upmann Petit Coronas (Undetermined)

10) Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial (2012)

11) Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1 (2010)

12) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux (2006)

13) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Depute (2006)

14) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Gourmet (2006)

15) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Maire (2006)

16) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Prince (2006)

17) Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1 (Undetermined)

18) Montecristo No.1 (1970's)

19) Montecristo No.3 (1970's)

20) Montecristo No.4 (1970's)

21) Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 (2010)

22) Romeo y Julieta Petit Coronas (Undetermined)

23) Saint Luis Rey Regios (2012)

24) Saint Luis Rey Serie A (2012)

25) Sancho Panza Belicosos (2003)

26) Trinidad Fundadores (2006)

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/list.aspx?specialtype=;Current_Production;Discontinued;&sortorder=noorder&discontinuedpackaging=90;82;102;86;153;57;178;179;81;107;144;145;88;89;186;115;

Hi John,

actually the Upmann Magnum 50 is still produced in cabs of 50. Most current boxing code I have seen is MUL DIC 14

regards

Lars

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for the research, and a great thread!

Secondly, and while I can definitely understand the love for cabs, let's not forget that cabs of 25 (and perhaps even 10) are just as good for ageing purposes as the 50 ones.

Some of the cigars you mentioned having been discontinued in 50 cabs (like the Mag50, which I actually don't think has), are currently manufactured in cabs of 25 or even 10, so the number of cigars in the cab should make little to no difference... The 50 cabs are just more impressive to look at, I guess, and allow for a prolonged aging perspective, due to there being 50 of them.

OTOH, there are smokes like the Party Lusis that only exist in cabs of 50, all other quantities are in dress boxes... And in that case, specially for these bigger vitolas, I do find the cabs to be a fantastic option.

• Like 1

While a 25-cab box is nice, the sight of a complete media rueda of cigars always seems to trigger my endorphin secretion (Pawlow, folks). There is nothing like taking out a bundle of fifty BCG, CE, SLR DC or said des Dieux from their box.

But probably it’s just the mean hoarder in me. biggrin.png

Many thanks for putting this very informative compilation up, John!

(note: I think the ERDM GdE has actually never been packed in 50-cabs)

Paul

• Like 1

Not sure if they've been discontinued, but you can still find

Mag 46, 50 cabs

Mag 50, 50 cabs

RyJ Ex 4, 50 cabs

I picked up a 50 cab of Mag 46 with a late 2013 box date on it early in the year

I have a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial 50 cab from 2014 and mag 46 and 50s from 2013.

Im pretty sure there are still cabs of Mag 46 which are 2014 box stamped..

Yes, there would be some around I guess. Deletions by Habanos S.A. are like that, they announce a discontinuation, only for the product to linger for a year or two, or three. And it's just not packaging, what about cigars such as the Sancho Panza Molino, Fonseca No.1, the Quai d'Orsay Imperiales and of course, the whole Vegas Robaina Marca (hint...buy this up while you can!)? If I could get a 50 cab of H.Upmann Magnum 46, I would opt for that, but I have not seen a 50 cab for the mag 46 or 50 on 24:24 listings in 2015. I wonder if Rob has come across any 2015 mastercases this year?

50 cabs are nice, definitely prefer them to dress boxes, but if the cigars are available in 25 SLB's any one will do as I prefer round cigars.

Of course, round cigars are definitely preferable.

john, my immediate answer is not enough.

ta for the info, as depressing as it is.

those dieux! one of my absolute faves.

rob, we need to review some next year.

Well Said, Ken. You've noted the sentimentality of this thread, no doubt. For in that image above, if you could physically remove the yellow cloth banding, you'd find that none of those des Dieux were banded. And this used to be common, like 50 cabs themselves. I'd be devastated myself if I couldn't get at least Partagas Shorts and Por Larranaga Petit Coronas in 50 Cabs as a minimum anymore.

Hi John,

actually the Upmann Magnum 50 is still produced in cabs of 50. Most current boxing code I have seen is MUL DIC 14

regards

Lars

I don't doubt it, I'm interested to see if the Upmann Magnum 46's and 50's have 50 Cab releases with 2015 box codes.

First of all, thanks for the research, and a great thread!

Secondly, and while I can definitely understand the love for cabs, let's not forget that cabs of 25 (and perhaps even 10) are just as good for ageing purposes as the 50 ones.

Some of the cigars you mentioned having been discontinued in 50 cabs (like the Mag50, which I actually don't think has), are currently manufactured in cabs of 25 or even 10, so the number of cigars in the cab should make little to no difference... The 50 cabs are just more impressive to look at, I guess, and allow for a prolonged aging perspective, due to there being 50 of them.

OTOH, there are smokes like the Party Lusis that only exist in cabs of 50, all other quantities are in dress boxes... And in that case, specially for these bigger vitolas, I do find the cabs to be a fantastic option.

Yes, if you can get your preferred cigar in a cab, I'd favour that option so that the cigar maintains its 'roundness'.

While a 25-cab box is nice, the sight of a complete media rueda of cigars always seems to trigger my endorphin secretion (Pawlow, folks). There is nothing like taking out a bundle of fifty BCG, CE, SLR DC or said des Dieux from their box.

But probably it’s just the mean hoarder in me. biggrin.png

Many thanks for putting this very informative compilation up, John!

(note: I think the ERDM GdE has actually never been packed in 50-cabs)

Paul

Thanks Paul, you're correct, the ERDM GdE was never packed in 50-cabs. I've amended my list.

Thanks John for the research and bringing this to light.....once again another list has been made for future reference.

• Like 1

Thanks John for the research and bringing this to light.....once again another list has been made for future reference.

Yes, let's hope he hasn't to amend that one too quickly in the future (for the worse)

• Like 1

Thanks for putting this list together. I just really got into buying boxes this year, and due to my moderate smoking habit tended towards 25 count boxes. 50 cigars is a lot of cigars haha. That said, I definitely now wish I had gotten 50 cabs of at least the RASS and the Party Short, mainly so I could enjoy some young and also let them age. Only 50 cab I have so far is the PLPC, but will definitely be looking to pick of some 50 cabs in 2016 (probably the two aforementioned along with Punch Punch and Mag 46 if I can find one)

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to Regular Production Cigars in 50 Cab Packaging