Why not more 50 cabs?

You can do what I do,make your own cab.

When I started amassing my stock, room was critical ,so I went to cedar boxes with a smaller,higher footprint.

I still have all of the original cabs from the late 80s,and I have added as needed .

I feel storage this way facilitates aging, in time and quality.

When a cab gets low,I put in a cedar divider,and either top up or go side to side with a different brand/size.

One real discovery to me is mixing fresh sticks with older ones,especially custom rolls.

I have found that fresh sticks get good sooner,and I have noticed the ones I expected to go through a "dumb " phase in the first year have not done so yet.

This is based on the last 9 months worth of custom purchases.

Cruise your b&m for empties you can get ,slide top boxes are cheap.

• Like 2

When I started amassing my stock, room was critical ,so I went to cedar boxes with a smaller,higher footprint.

I still have all of the original cabs from the late 80s,and I have added as needed .

When a cab gets low,I put in a cedar divider,and either top up or go side to side with a different brand/size.

One real discovery to me is mixing fresh sticks with older ones,especially custom rolls.

I have found that fresh sticks get good sooner,and I have noticed the ones I expected to go through a "dumb " phase in the first year have not done so yet.

This is a great idea, so if you had 2 boxes of Monte 4's would you just put them all together in a wooden cab?

You can combine 2 boxes of 25, but they will be pressed and not round.

True.....some of the press will relax,does not bother me either way.

Tubo boxes will stay round.......and 5x5 packs..............looking.gif

All comes down to the numbers. Boxes of 25 sell better than cabs of 50. No point in packaging cigars in bigger bundles if they are going to sit on a shelf somewhere for several years, while the boxes of 25 get sold.

• Like 2

All comes down to the numbers. Boxes of 25 sell better than cabs of 50. No point in packaging cigars in bigger bundles if they are going to sit on a shelf somewhere for several years, while the boxes of 25 get sold.

Except for us to snag up old cabs!

The things you learn around these parts are pretty impressive. Thank you!

I agree on the correlation. I think in generally agreed that CC are better fresher now than ever before, so I'd be hesitant to say it is the result of the mixing, but then again anything is possible.

Of course this is correct. Sales are the bottom line (for HSA), while for us enthusiasts, as recent sales of glorious PSP Ramon Allones 50 cabs proves (last month in August this year), nothing beats cabs of 50! lol3.gif

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123301

• Like 1