Regular Production Cigars in 50 Cab Packaging

Thanks Paul, you're correct, the ERDM GdE was never packed in 50-cabs. I've amended my list.

The 50's were in aluminium tubes and packed in Dress boxes. Deleted prior to 1997 is the best information I have.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The image above of a 2003 50 Cab of Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux (thank you kindly dear friend, Fuzz for sharing - glorious!) recently got me thinking...how many of the 27 brands and 181 regula

Finally, below is a list of recently discontinued cigars, since 2005, which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis): 1) Bolivar Coronas Extra (2012) 2)

Below is a list of current regular production cigars which used to come packaged in 50 cabs (with the year they were discontinued in parenthesis): 1) Bolivar Corona Gigantes (2010) 2) Bolivar Petit

John, has there been talk of deleting Vegas Robaina? I just got a box of Famosos, but if they're going away I'd likely stock up with a few more.

Not deleted, just scaled back so they will be harder to find in 2016. I noticed you grabbed a AEM May 15 box in the 'CC Purchase' thread recently, good on you, Vegas Robaina cigars do have a nice blend.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=124229

The 50's were in aluminium tubes and packed in Dress boxes. Deleted prior to 1997 is the best information I have.

Thank you Trevor for providing this update! ok.gif

• Like 1

If I could get a 50 cab of H.Upmann Magnum 46, I would opt for that, but I have not seen a 50 cab for the mag 46 or 50 on 24:24 listings in 2015. I wonder if Rob has come across any 2015 mastercases this year?

In the thread on his top 25 cigars for 2015, Rob has come across 50 cabs and discussed further here...

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125423&p=655057

If I could get a 50 cab of H.Upmann Magnum 46, I would opt for that, but I have not seen a 50 cab for the mag 46 or 50 on 24:24 listings in 2015. I wonder if Rob has come across any 2015 mastercases this year?

Mag 46s and Mag 50s come packaged in 25 count cabs anyway

Why not just buy two boxes instead of one big box?

I was looking at Punch Punch a while back and decided it was time for a cab after smoking though half a dress box I split with a friend, they're buried somewhere in my humidor. I'll dig em out around 2020

post-15315-0-48679700-1450918421_thumb.j

post-15315-0-45887100-1450918442_thumb.j

Also jumped on the RASS train a couple of years ago and grabbed two cabs. I'm smoking through one now and I'll look at the other in another 5-7 years

post-15315-0-15585500-1450918385_thumb.j

• Like 2

Mag 46s and Mag 50s come packaged in 25 count cabs anyway

Why not just buy two boxes instead of one big box?

I was looking at Punch Punch a while back and decided it was time for a cab after smoking though half a dress box I split with a friend, they're buried somewhere in my humidor. I'll dig em out around 2020

Also jumped on the RASS train a couple of years ago and grabbed two cabs. I'm smoking through one now and I'll look at the other in another 5-7 years

Yes, definitely I'll grab a 25 cab or two at some point in 2016. Those Punch Punch and RASS look great PB! ok.gif

I've still been regularly buying Mag 46 in 50 cabs.

I heard about deletion of these back in 2012 and stocked up.....but am still finding box dates of 14. I'm not so sure the deletion went ahead.

Good stuff Rob. I've recently come around to the 46. If I was still travelling abroad frequently I'd gladly pick up another 50 cab of something. Hard concept to justify these days. Paying duty.

I prefer the cab version of every vitola in which it's available. Probably not PC to say, but I think cigars should be round. In most instances my cab versions have aged better, but only over the longer periods of time, and not 100% of the time. Esthetically, I also like to lift the cigars from a cab, by the ribbon, and inhale the aroma from the feet. But that may border on fetish :)

"May" border................ Haha sounds like you've crossed that line already!

Esthetically, I also like to lift the cigars from a cab, by the ribbon, and inhale the aroma from the feet. But that may border on fetish smile.png

Like sniffing the soundhole on a new guitar, which also borders on fetish.

• 1 month later...

Great info here. i definitely like cabs a lot better than dress boxes. It also seems that cigars packed in cardboard keep their shape (roundness) better too.

• Like 1

Dear HSA,

If I told you how many cigars I wish came in a cajon of 100, you'd either hire me or banish me from tobacco forever.

Love,

Senor Grande Pinga

• Like 2

Cabs get my fire burning hot! I love the look more than anything. Could stare all day long. I do enjoy cigars from cabs quite a bit but the old school look is great.

That said, I would but 50 or 25 cabs all day long if they were offered.

Best Punch Punch I ever had was from a 50 cab.

• Like 1

I love seeing 50 cabs of cigars! Sadly I haven't been able to buy a 50 cab yet as it would mean I wouldn't be able to get the variety of cigars that I like. Hopefully I will be able to increase my cigar budget one day so the 25 cabs I buy can be upgraded to 50s. For now I will have to make do with building my collection through 10s and 25s.

• 1 year later...
On 12/22/2015 at 10:06 PM, maxcjs0101 said:

Im pretty sure there are still cabs of Mag 46 which are 2014 box stamped..

I have a 50 cab of Mag 46 from ABR 14 which I bought in 2015, but I don't see them available anywhere anymore.

On December 23, 2015 at 0:33 PM, ElAbogado said:

That said, I definitely now wish I had gotten 50 cabs of at least the RASS and the Party Short, mainly so I could enjoy some young and also let them age. 

I don't understand this logic, and it is stated a lot about 50 cabs. If you want to enjoy some young and let others age, that can be done by buying two boxes of 25 of the same cigar, smoking out of one box and aging the other.... I do this regularly. Also, the only advantage in terms of count of a 50 cab would be if the price per cigar were lower. Usually I have found the opposite to be true....

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to Regular Production Cigars in 50 Cab Packaging