The Best (most welcoming) Cigar Smoking Cities?

Naturally, I love a city with a great cigar smoking culture. It doesn't have to be overt...simply readily accessible with choices and a welcome nature toward lovers of the leaf.

What are your favourite cities....outside of Havana lol3.gif

If you have visited such a city a few times and have a set cigar pattern for your stay, detail it for us as it will prove most useful for others.

This thread may prove to be a good little travel guide ok.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up until about three months ago, I would have said New Orleans, but as with most all other cities these days, the Liberals have prevailed, and smoking is no longer allowed in the bars of the city. I

I think Las Vegas in the US is largest city where a cigar has the most places to be smoked without being molested. (there are always exceptions of course)

anywhere in Spain. But my fav. is Barcelona. Stay at the Casa Camper hotel just off the Rambla. Morning breakfast included in stay and a kitchen open all day for free snacks (juice, sandwich, fruit

Up until about three months ago, I would have said New Orleans, but as with most all other cities these days, the Liberals have prevailed, and smoking is no longer allowed in the bars of the city. I thought, of all places, this wouldn't happen there, especially in the bars of the French Quarter.

I think Harrah's, at the very least, is going to try and make this hurt New Orleans financially.

lmao.gif Pamplona ,,,running with the bulls , could not believe how busy that place was. Went and saw a bull fight and a half time / intermission I went to go outside for a cigar but didn't have to , I remember looking across the bull ring and seeing smoke just pumping, sat there and lit up..with a bottle of Champaign served in a wooden bucket on ice.

When we were walking from the tarmac to the terminal I heard the announcement passengers are reminded that smoking is not permitted until you are well inside the terminal...I knew there and then it was going to be goooood

I love the LCDH Sheraton Hong Kong as well as most divans in HK , however I found the LCDH Sheraton really cosy and have met some really nice people there.

Kuala Lumpur some awesome places to smoke Marini's on 57 even if it has ridiculous rules no guns no pets no body guards, did not see anyone who might need any of that in there .nyah.gifSmoked in the lobby lounge BBF at the Shang ri la

Dubai awesome I found it really good for some aged stuff around town..and the airport I have not seen better for selection. In an airport that is.

Intercontinental Bali..... poolside cigar smoking raise your little flag for service ,drinks, food ..magnificent , also stayed at a villa with Miner OzCuban and Joker in Bali ...what a relaxing three days of cigar smoking , some great restaurants and bars all accommodating cigar smoking

Singapore even though you are not permitted I smoke from the balcony in the Fullerton Hotel (room), I think Singapore Is such a cool place walking up the stairs to the Old Cuban in China town the Connoisseur Divan is really nice

Havanathon Brisbane if you have not been then your missing out party.gif Some weird looking fella with a fluctuating weight problem who has a hot missus runs the show there ..have been twice great fun.lmao.gif

• Like 4

I Haven't been everywhere but grew up in Miami. For a big U.S city it sure can be behind the times in many ways...which works out well if you're a cigar smoker. So many heavy cigar smoking cultures have a big presence in Miami, mainly cubans. Now that I live in Los Angeles, looking back, I must say it was very rare for me to see a local smoking a CC in Miami. Maybe it's because everyones brother or cousin literally works in the NC cigar industry. Maybe it's because everyone's parents still see smoking CCs as supporting Castro. Miami is also cool because it literally seems like there is a cigar shop on every street, so many, loved that! Most people wouldn't bat an eye unless you were blowing smoke into their infants face. One con I will say about cigar smoking in Miami is, it's got to be the Fake CC capital of the world, sooo many fakes down there.

Now, cigar smoking in LA has grown on me. It's not uncommon to see folks smoking a cigar on the street, but a lot less than they do in Miami. What I will say about LA is, I feel like it's heavy into CCs compared to Miami, probably has to do with a lot of things. Celebrities tend to go for CCs and they are always popping into the good cigar spots. Most Hollywood celebs still smoke cigars, that hasn't changed with the times. Lots of wealthy Euros and international folks live here. Lastly, because of the lack of B&Ms for such a huge city smokers get a lot online. LA has really grown on me for a cigar town...and above all the best reason to be a cigar smoker in LA is because I feel like we have the best weather on the planet, 72 and sunny with a great CC is pretty amazing!

Eddie

• Like 1

Living in Shanghai now and I would say China is very tolerant toward smokers. I can feel comfortable smoking almost anywhere with no children around, can't say the same for Japan.

Another city would be Istanbul. Every man I met there is a cigarette smoker and I had no problem smoking my cigars.

I'd second the cigar divan society in Hong Kong. There are enough to keep you stocked and happy and anchor all the bars and restaurants that have smoking terraces. Saigon is also cigar friendly, but you mostly have to bring your own. There's a surprising number of indoor venues in Saigon, even some of the big hotels (Sofitel) will have smoking sections in the bar.

I have little trouble lighting up outside in various Italian cities. Many still smoke cigarettes and Toscanos so the sight and smell of a cigar is not off-putting to them. Same goes with Paris.

Toronto had a good cigar scene but the patio by-laws has pretty much killed it. I was in Montreal last weekend and that is probably Canada's best cigar city. They still have indoor lounges. A long history of cigar appreciation too.

• Like 2

Paris, by far, is the most friendly. "Everyone" smokes and it was a treat to light up a wonderful Boli RC at a cafe recently and enjoy my coffee outside without a sideways glance. I even had a beautiful middle aged Parisian woman walk up and lean in to smell the smoke and give me a huge smile.

• Like 4

I believe that Dubai is the most welcoming cigar city I have visited. A great deal of the acceptance is due to the fact that it is 110 F in the afternoon this time of year, so indoor smoking is mandatory.

• Like 1

I'll vote London too. History and prevalence of well understood laws to allow smoking indoors for now. And yes it's very expensive.

The difference between London and Dubai I find is that in London you meet commoners in cigar shops just there to enjoy themselves. In Dubai I found the cigar scene quite pompous and upper class. I also had a similar experience in Hong Kong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahhahahahha. So due to plane engine failure I had to overnight in Accra. The hotel has this.

post-15810-143635434628.jpg

As I got closer I realised I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing. People were looking at me funny as I was in the middle of the car park just laughing. :D

post-15810-143635443852.jpg

Ghana. Do not recommend :P

• Like 4

Vienna. No smoking ban until 2018. Good cigar shops and prices much cheaper than London (Rob +50%). Many outdoor cafes in summer and smokey bars/cafes in winter. 2nd highest smoking rate in Europe, so nobody bats an eyelid when you smoke a cigar on the street.

Prague easily qualifies in this category. Was there in May and being from Sweden (where smoking is banned just about eveywhere) and got weird looks everytime I asked if it is OK to light up. Of course, why do you ask?

One place is highly recommemded; La Casa Argentina. Great food and drink and also cigars on the meny. They cooperate with LCDH next door.

Hahahhahahahha. So due to plane engine failure I had to overnight in Accra. The hotel has this.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1436354316.780682.jpg

As I got closer I realised I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing. People were looking at me funny as I was in the middle of the car park just laughing. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1436354413.548895.jpg

Ghana. Do not recommend tongue.png

throw a couple of bench seats in there and you have the garden party.gif

Havanathon Brisbane if you have not been then your missing out party.gif Some weird looking fella with a fluctuating weight problem who has a hot missus runs the show there ..have been twice great fun.lmao.gif

Love it??

• Like 1

In the U.S.:

Miami is the cigar capital. Lounge/Cigar shop in every neighborhood. Calle Ocho in Little Havana is as iconic as you could desire with cigar culture. Well over 1,000 shops within Miami-Dade county.

***but obviously no CC's****