The Best (most welcoming) Cigar Smoking Cities?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up until about three months ago, I would have said New Orleans, but as with most all other cities these days, the Liberals have prevailed, and smoking is no longer allowed in the bars of the city. I

I think Las Vegas in the US is largest city where a cigar has the most places to be smoked without being molested. (there are always exceptions of course)

anywhere in Spain. But my fav. is Barcelona. Stay at the Casa Camper hotel just off the Rambla. Morning breakfast included in stay and a kitchen open all day for free snacks (juice, sandwich, fruit

10 hours ago, DBNInc said:

In the outer boroughs I just check Yelp or TripAdvisor, there are cigar shops in all of the decent areas.

Most of those are just cigar shops.  I am interested in dedicated lounges that beyond one-two chairs to smoke a cigar bought at the store...

I can echo the Saigon recommendation. Loads of roof top bars, regular pubs etc you can smoke and enjoy. 

Summer of 2016 was a nice one with visits to Amsterdam, Paris and Barcelona. Enjoyed smokes in all 3 places. Barca comes out on top. I'd say Amsterdam a close 2nd (weather permitting) because I prefer the Dutch attitude in general to the French. 

I actually received a lot of respect from door security guys (of all people...) in Amsterdam since we were sitting outside a "cafe" with lots of smokers of the green variety. I was the only one sitting enjoying an H.Up 56 - a comment along the lines of "the world is yours my friend, the world is yours" 

I live in Bangkok and it's also good for outdoor smoking (when not too humid) - point to note that whisky/cigar bars are starting to pop up all over the place. 

Oh, and happy new year to all. 

On 1/6/2017 at 10:31 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

Most of those are just cigar shops.  I am interested in dedicated lounges that beyond one-two chairs to smoke a cigar bought at the store...

All of the locations I listed are cigar shops with real lounges.

• 5 months later...

I appreciate the cigar lounge recommendations for Tokyo in this thread.  Any recommendations for Osaka or Kyoto?  Any bar recommendations?