Por Larranaga Picadores.....Thoughts.

HSA wont be raising prices on new releases if people dont make their profits explode by buying them up and begging for more. Rolling a PIcadores costs no more than any other similarly sized cigar, but if they can charge $50 more, then why bother with the lower profict margin cigars? Either there will be a major price adjustment in the next 5 years, or many regular favorites will be cut in favour of new wildly priced nonsense.

Either way, bad for the final consumer.

"Either there will be a major price adjustment in the next 5 years"

I would say within 2 -3 years at say 6-8% per year. Perfect opportunity in prep for the "official" lifting of the embargo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

picked up a 5er from someone to try them out and they didn't last a week. I think they taste great young. Personally I think they have enough going for them young and I won't be waiting 5 years for mi

I think the upside is that it is a PL. If you like the brand, its worth sitting on them for a while. I dont really go by the point scale, but rather the character of the cigar. When I want a PL, no

At $50+ compared to other similar sized cigars...I wont be smoking any. Possibly ever. No reason to.

I was excited for these when the early talk made it sound like they would be priced under what the current robusto benchmark was. Now that they are out and they priced above rather than below that mark I have no interest. Too many other good cigars out there at better price points, including the PLPC.

Its the price-size-rarity ratio that is out of whack on these imo. These PLs are the most expensive Hermoso 4/ Robusto available outside of Cohiba. Interesting to note that they discontinued Trinidad Robs with much of the thinking behind that problem was the lack of justification for the higher premium price just below Cohiba. And within what? Weeks? Months? Release a PL version with the exact same problem imo. But of course its new, so people gobble them up. Why will these succeed when Trinidad was such a miserable failure? 10 years down the line and production gets sloppy as it always does....these are axed. And then sales go through the roof again...LOL....funny cycle.

In Holland these are quite cheap, only one Euro more expensive than a PLPC.

Funny, these are relatively the cheapest boxes of cigars to buy here in the middle east. To be fair though, the other regular production stuff are overpriced here. Double the normal price.

What I am trying to say is I thought they were well priced, apparently not tongue.png . They are good cigars, but I think they are too early to smoke.

• Like 1

I've smoked 4 of these from MOE OCT 14. I taste rich caramel and an Upmann like clean tobacco, but with more oomph than recent PLs I have smoked. Reminiscent of older PLs that were rich in flavor. I've bought two boxes and have my eye out for more on sale. I've gotten mine for about $1/stick more than other similar sized cigars but it's well worth it to me to buy them up and get a head start on aging.

I expect these to be great at 3-5 years and am avoiding smoking them up now. Same strategy I'm using with Upmann Half Coronas, which smoke great now but which I think will be fantastic with age.

• Like 1

Even when Epi 2, JL2, JL1, BRC, RASS, Famoso, RyJ SC, Conn. 1, Regios, SLR A, Mag 46, PSD4, Monte PE, etc....are all available for about $1.50-$2.00 less?

The Picadores are priced in the same range as:

PSP2, Upmann 2, Mag 50, Monte 2, Dip 2, 898,

And I don't understand why other than they are new. Those other cigars weigh far more than the Pic and are substantially larger.

You must be talking about prices in Canada! Everywhere I've seen them (legitimate retailers other than UK and Canada) they're actually cheaper than most all the Hermosos 4 and Robustos. That is strange that they're so much more in your home country compared to other similar cigars.

Pretty sure Shlomo is talking about box vs. Stick price. ...

If he was talking about a box of Piccadores at $50, then each cigar would cost $2$3 a piece. That's not expensive. That's cheap. He's saying that they're expensive. Everyone here is saying that they're not. Maybe in Canada they are.

The price DIFFERENCE per box. Not the price per box :)

The price DIFFERENCE per box. Not the price per box smile.png

Exactly!

$50+ for a Por Larry Picadores? Where are you getting these prices? Italy lists it for 7.60 Euro each, and I've seen it for sale in Switzerland for $12 each. Even the U.K., which is super pricey has it for £15.22. That's still expensive at $23.25, but nowhere near 50 bucks! Is that what it's going for in Canada?

You're not talking about the Sobresalientes or any other fancy UK RE are you? Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

I think maybe you right want to 're-read my post.

You must be talking about prices in Canada! Everywhere I've seen them (legitimate retailers other than UK and Canada) they're actually cheaper than most all the Hermosos 4 and Robustos. That is strange that they're so much more in your home country compared to other similar cigars.

You see them at online retailers and vendors for less than the other robusto? Interesting. I don't.

Not anywhere. Including here. Not even in Cuba.

EpeeTwo!!!

You see them at online retailers and vendors for less than the other robusto? Interesting. I don't.

EpeeTwo!!!

Have to strongly suggest you visit Cuba again. Picadore as well as Connie A are a bargain there (was there last March)

EpeeTwo!!!

Yes, as a matter of fact I've consistently seen them for around $205-210 per box in quite a few European LCDH's. You have to remember,

I don't shop or buy from grey market sites, so to me, when most Robustos are in the upper $200's low $300's, $200-210 a box is quite a bit cheaper. It's one thing I noticed rather quickly when I quit buying grey market; alot of vitolas are cheaper buying through an LCDH, particularly cheaper cigars like Upmann Regalias, Majestics, and also more expensive cigars like RA Superiores, Cohiba Robustos Supremos and other ones I can't think off the top of my head. When I first started buying from LCDH's it was a huge shocker but as you get acquainted with the prices amongst vitolas, you realize that with alot of cigars, some can actually be cheaper than you'll find with grey market dealers. I think people have this general conception that if it is in an LCDH it must be just ungodly high priced and also think that if I want cheaper prices, well that's what the grey market cigars are and that's just not the case. Almost all your cigars in the main though like the HdM #2, M2, BBF, RASS, Churchills, DC's, and actual Marevas are more expensive than grey market vendors. You're Petit Coronas (MM prior to 2002) are usually cheaper than grey market vendors. Oh and 10ct boxes and 10ct LCDH Exclusives are also usually cheaper in European LCDH's than they are with grey market vendors.

Yes, as a matter of fact I've consistently seen them for around $205-210 per box in quite a few European LCDH's. You have to remember,

I don't shop or buy from grey market sites, so to me, when most Robustos are in the upper $200's low $300's, $200-210 a box is quite a bit cheaper. It's one thing I noticed rather quickly when I quit buying grey market; alot of vitolas are cheaper buying through an LCDH, particularly cheaper cigars like Upmann Regalias, Majestics, and also more expensive cigars like RA Superiores, Cohiba Robustos Supremos and other ones I can't think off the top of my head. When I first started buying from LCDH's it was a huge shocker but as you get acquainted with the prices amongst vitolas, you realize that with alot of cigars, some can actually be cheaper than you'll find with grey market dealers. I think people have this general conception that if it is in an LCDH it must be just ungodly high priced and also think that if I want cheaper prices, well that's what the grey market cigars are and that's just not the case. Almost all your cigars in the main though like the HdM #2, M2, BBF, RASS, Churchills, DC's, and actual Marevas are more expensive than grey market vendors. You're Petit Coronas (MM prior to 2002) are usually cheaper than grey market vendors. Oh and 10ct boxes and 10ct LCDH Exclusives are also usually cheaper in European LCDH's than they are with grey market vendors.

I was using Rob's pricing on the picadores as a base, not a grey market vendor.

Have to strongly suggest you visit Cuba again. Picadore as well as Connie A are a bargain there (was there last March)

Bought Conn A last time I was down there. Not sure I consider 202 cuc a "bargain" though.

What do you have as the price for the pics? I see 142 cuc, which means I was mistaken and that is a price that makes sense.

Bought Conn A last time I was down there. Not sure I consider 202 cuc a "bargain" though.

What do you have as the price for the pics? I see 142 cuc, which means I was mistaken and that is a price that makes sense.

Correct on both. Bargain considering international pricing.

9 Euro in Munich, 10 Chf in Schweiz. Great value compared to other regular production Sticks of this size.

I have been smoking a lot of the Pics, as well as the other new release D6. Both are packed with flavor and smoking wonderful young!